What "B-grade" Xbox games (non-hits) do you love regardless?

Why are people mentioning Panzer Dragoon Orta?...That's one of the highest rated Xbox games.

Hunter: The Reckoning is one of my favorite Xbox games, it scored well in most reviews, but I liked it much more than any score I saw.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Why are people mentioning Panzer Dragoon Orta?...That's one of the highest rated Xbox games.[/quote]

I don't think there were huge expectations for it selling well. I wasn't certain if the OP intended to have people list games that were poorly rated, or games that weren't expected to be blockbusters in terms of sales. I chose the latter obviously.

myke.

[quote name='mykevermin'][quote name='Ugamer_X']Why are people mentioning Panzer Dragoon Orta?...That's one of the highest rated Xbox games.[/quote]

I don't think there were huge expectations for it selling well. I wasn't certain if the OP intended to have people list games that were poorly rated, or games that weren't expected to be blockbusters in terms of sales. I chose the latter obviously.

myke.[/quote]
Yeah, I see what you're saying...The title was a bit misleading now that I look at it.

I haven't seen Toe Jam & Earl III mentioned yet, even from the Sega fanboys. A lot of people bashed it and said it was a simple collect-a-thon. I loved it because it stuck to the basic gameplay formula of the first one: exploring randomly-generated worlds populated with whacky earthlings. And you have to give props to a game for including co-op, which made it much more fun.

Also, I enjoyed Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, again for its co-op and simple gameplay, but I'm not sure it qualifies for B-title status.

My guilty pleasures on the XBOX have consisted of:

Bloodrayne
Hunter: The Reckoning
The Suffering (got worse reviews than psi-ops, but I enjoyed the suffering much more)
GUNVALKYRIE (not that great, but I've had fun popping it in every now and then and play for an hour or so)
Second Sight (great story. I love the Timesplitter-esque graphics, I prefer it over Psi-Ops)

I guess I'll say Shenmue II. I know it received some very good reviews, but it also received some lousy reviews (and didn't G4 name Shenmue I on of the worst games ever). I think this game was overlooked for several reasons, but definitely deserves a look.

For any system, State of Emergency. This is constantly bashed on message boards as one of the worst games ever (and not even as a joke like when people say Halo 2 is the worst game ever). But, this is one of the most fun games for 20-30 minutes that I've played this generation. Story mode sucked, but the arcade mode ruled. Also, nothing beats the kill all clone mode. I'll pop it in with with friends that don't game often, and they absolutely love it. Then, I floor them with the fact that its considered one of the worst games for many people.

[quote name='Archaic']I've wavered over Jedi Academy for a long, long time. How's the LIVE play?[/quote]

I love the Live play. My friends and I still get on there. Dueling is very fun, as well as free for all.

The single player game is fun as well. I enjoyed the story, I hope they make another one soon.

Blood Omen 2, Van Helsing, and Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit 2 come to mind, even though none of those are Xbox exclusives.

[quote name='lordxixor101']
For any system, State of Emergency. This is constantly bashed on message boards as one of the worst games ever (and not even as a joke like when people say Halo 2 is the worst game ever). But, this is one of the most fun games for 20-30 minutes that I've played this generation. Story mode sucked, but the arcade mode ruled. Also, nothing beats the kill all clone mode. I'll pop it in with with friends that don't game often, and they absolutely love it. Then, I floor them with the fact that its considered one of the worst games for many people.[/quote]

Yeah, I got it at the $5 CC sale and its a pretty dumb game, yet fun. I remember the hype when it first game out, "Its from the makers of GTA 3 so its gonna be AWESOME!", and then people actually played it. I too would probably be pissed if I'd paid $50 for it, but for a cheapie title, its a good laugh.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']I'm surprised no one has mentioned the greatest single player beat'em-up, ever!...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer...
[/quote]

If you want to consider that a lower tier game. It always got pretty decent ratings from every review I've read.

Indiana Jones was cool i mostly liked hiting people to the ground, pulling out the revolver, hearing the signature cocking of the action, and finally the crack of the shot into the enemy's chest as he struggles to get up.

Kung Fu Chaos got low reviews but it is an excellent game. I'll also agree with someone who said Alter Echo was good. I played a good 2 hours of it and thought it was pretty good.

There are lots of good games on Xbox :D

Armed and Dangerous
I-Ninja
Metal Arms
Beyond Good and Evil
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future

The Xbox has a lot of great games that can be found really cheap.

Breakdown-Loved every frustrating bit of it

Fallout:BOS- Yeah the game does suck, but it's about 85% suck and 15% Fallout game, and I loves me some Fallout (the fallout PC games are among my faves of all time) Plus it's decent co-op.

Psi-Ops also, and Bloodrayne, very underrated, fun game.

Dark Angel was a pretty good game. I was kinda mad it was not anything like the show, which was the best show ever, but it was still good for less than 20 bucks. However it was no Buffy

I truly enjoyed Drake of the 99 Dragons. I paid $50 and got my moneys worth out of it.

Alright, couldent fool you there. I would have to say Oddworld, Jet Set Radio Future, Splashdown, Indiana Jones, Quantum Redshift, Crazy Taxi 3, Dave Mirra 2, and NHL Hitz 20-03.

These games prove the critics don't know jack when it comes to fun games:

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction...so many different ways to race (suicide, circle 8) and multiple variations of the demolition derby (how can you NOT love that), plus you can race SCHOOL BUSES!

NBA JAM: Maybe its the old schooler in me, but this game just does so much more for me than NBA Street 2....it's just a freakin blast to play (gotta love the dunk'o'licous, high-flying five point shots, except when its the CPU scoring them.

Yager: Yes the controls are difficult to get used to and some missions will bust your nuts, but once you play it for awhile the story and graphics will suck you right in (and it's only $10 at Best Buy).

World Racing: As long as you don't go off track and notice some of the glaring bugs that occur when this happens (driving through trees, the fugly water effects up close) the graphics are bright and colorful, the tracks are plentiful and creative and the racing is flat-out fun. Kinda reminds me of the early NFS games in terms of the creative tracks.

MX Superfly with Ricky Carmichael: Tracks are a lot better looking and creative to ride on then in MTX Mototrax or the other cycle game from Rainbow Studios which escapes me now and it can be had on the cheap nowadays.

Guilty Gear X2: Poor sales did not do this $20 gem any justice. It's the best 2D fighter on the Xbox to date.

Killswitch: Mindless? Yes, but boy is it fun in short doses to just blast away while shot dodging.

Rocky: The 1st one. Pure genius from the folks at the now defunct RARE (sniff, sniff). It's no Fight Night, that's for sure, but as far as an ARCADE version of boxing goes it's a lot of fun. Worth it to hear the Rocky song and see the likes of Drago and company alone.

As someone else said, so many good Xbox games to be had for cheap nowadays you'd be a fool not to add these suggested titles to your collection.

I'll second:

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
Armed & Dangerous
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (although the second one sucks)
i-Ninja
Kung-Fu Chaos
XIII

I'm shocked that I'm the first one to say Outrun 2. I just wrote a long post on that for this board.

Nothing screams of Sega quality like Outrun 2.

It's $15 at EB in January, go get it, you will NOT be sorry.

Armed & Dangerous : I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at cut scenes

Hunter: The Reckoning ( and Redeemer) Fun Co-op and I like the White Wolf stuff. ( wish they would make a Console version of Vampire)

I have to speak up for one game - Whacked! Some fun mindless multiplayer action and the in-game commercials they had were pretty damn funny.

Maybe it's the warm fuzzies from the beta-testing days on XBL but I liked this game a lot and it got some god-awful reviews. Still have this one in my collection.

Another game better than the reviews that I still like playing is Circus Maximus.

bread's done
Back