What can you get with a nickel?

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was at Palisades Mall in New York (second biggest mall in America). My first stop was CompUSA. I see this PS2 controller there for $4.99 and free after rebate. So I pick that up (and pay $4.99+tax) and head over to the GameCube section. There I see a kid (around 5-8years old) playing the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo on the GameCube. He asks me for help, so I help the kid out. He thanks me and I go to the line to pay for the controller.

As I am leaving the store, I see the kid running after me. He tells me that he cannot find his parents and asks me if I can help him. I agree (being the nice guy that I am) and we search the mall for his parents. We finally find them in BestBuy and the parents are very happy that they found their son. The parents are also glad that I helped their son out, so the mom says that she will buy me something. I decline, and then she picks up Doom 3 (Xbox) and asks me if I have an Xbox. I say yes and she buys Doom 3 for me and hands me the bag and leaves the store. I thank her and I am amazed at my luck. I then go and pull out the master penny guide list and look for some. I am amazed that there are so many there. I do not want to be a jerk so I pick up only 5 guides (Pikmin 2, Paper Mario: TTYD, Psi Ops, NBA 2K5, and NFL Street 2). As I am going to the line, I see a cart with marked down games. I take a look and I see the Xbox Live Arcade bonus thing (the Ms. Pac-Man one) and I pick that up. I go online and the Ms.Pac Man thing rings up as free so I pay five cents. The woman behind me sees this and asks me how I knew. I handed her the CAG list and she runs to the video game section and grabs every penny guide she can find.

So I exit the store amazed at what I got. I got a PS2 controller, 5 penny guides, Doom 3, and the Ms.Pac Man arcade disc all for $.05 + tax on the PS2 controller.

Hey, I live near the Palasaids too! I was in that mall during the big East Coast blackout, and security gurads actually told us there was a bomb in the building.

[quote name='ananag112']I was at Palisades Mall in New York (second biggest mall in America). My first stop was CompUSA. I see this PS2 controller there for $4.99 and free after rebate. So I pick that up (and pay $4.99+tax) and head over to the GameCube section. There I see a kid (around 5-8years old) playing the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo on the GameCube. He asks me for help, so I help the kid out. He thanks me and I go to the line to pay for the controller.

As I am leaving the store, I see the kid running after me. He tells me that he cannot find his parents and asks me if I can help him. I agree (being the nice guy that I am) and we search the mall for his parents. We finally find them in BestBuy and the parents are very happy that they found their son. The parents are also glad that I helped their son out, so the mom says that she will buy me something. I decline, and then she picks up Doom 3 (Xbox) and asks me if I have an Xbox. I say yes and she buys Doom 3 for me and hands me the bag and leaves the store. I thank her and I am amazed at my luck. I then go and pull out the master penny guide list and look for some. I am amazed that there are so many there. I do not want to be a jerk so I pick up only 5 guides (Pikmin 2, Paper Mario: TTYD, Psi Ops, NBA 2K5, and NFL Street 2). As I am going to the line, I see a cart with marked down games. I take a look and I see the Xbox Live Arcade bonus thing (the Ms. Pac-Man one) and I pick that up. I go online and the Ms.Pac Man thing rings up as free so I pay five cents. The woman behind me sees this and asks me how I knew. I handed her the CAG list and she runs to the video game section and grabs every penny guide she can find.

So I exit the store amazed at what I got. I got a PS2 controller, 5 penny guides, Doom 3, and the Ms.Pac Man arcade disc all for $.05 + tax on the PS2 controller.[/QUOTE]

takes guts to help out a kid these days. you never know if y ou help someone their parents will try to say you either did something to them or tried to kidnap them and sue you for cash.

i know someone who did this years ago and the kid was crying and the parents tried to say the person did something to their kid

I only hope that woman didn't clean out the penny guide section but otherwise glad to hear about your good fortune.

[quote name='wubb']Wow, instant karma can be great :)[/QUOTE]

For future reference, its dharma. There is no such thing as “good karma.” Karma is when you do something bad and something bad happens to you in return. Dharma is when you do something good, and something good happens to you in return. So, good karma=dharma.

[quote name='ananag112']For future reference, its dharma. There is no such thing as “good karma.” Karma is when you do something bad and something bad happens to you in return. Dharma is when you do something good, and something good happens to you in return. So, good karma=dharma.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, although the common usage of karma is in line with my original post. The meaning of words morph over time.

I think if you take the true Hindu usage of the word it's technically the effect of your actions as they effect your next incarnation.

Ooh, don't poo-poo a nickel. A nickel will buy you a steak and kidney pie, a cup of coffee, a slice of cheesecake and a newsreel--with enough change left over to ride the trolley from Battery Park to the Polo Grounds.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Ooh, don't poo-poo a nickel. A nickel will buy you a steak and kidney pie, a cup of coffee, a slice of cheesecake and a newsreel--with enough change left over to ride the trolley from Battery Park to the Polo Grounds.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in Mr. Burns' day, but not these days.

I used to hit up that mall alot back in HS. Oddly enough, I've only been in that CompUSA once. Anyways, great deal... too bad it's YMMV. =P

[quote name='mgriff']I also am close to the palisades mall, I got my FFXI HDD at Circuit City there[/QUOTE]

I hate the CC there. It is pretty small and the staff is unhelpful. I bought Breakdown there and I had to stand online for one hour because they only had one working register.

bread's done
Back