What cell phone/ringtone/homescreen/message tone do you have? - 8525 owners: WM6!

[quote name='parKer']Same for me. Blue motoRIZR here. I doubt I'll ever use it as a music player, but the 2.0MP camera helped me take pics of clearances and prices for CAG. Ever since I got the phone last May, people still give me the "Oh, you mean the RAZR? What's a RIZR?" :lol:[/QUOTE]

I use it to be a dick from time to time, usually when in a public bathroom or when theres an abundance of gangsta music and there is need for Slayer to break the trend :lol:

I also enjoy people confusing what I say with RAZR.

[quote name='parKer']Same for me. Blue motoRIZR here. I doubt I'll ever use it as a music player, but the 2.0MP camera helped me take pics of clearances and prices for CAG. Ever since I got the phone last May, people still give me the "Oh, you mean the RAZR? What's a RIZR?" :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, that camera is AMAZING. I love it.

[quote name='Ahadi']I use it to be a dick from time to time, usually when in a public bathroom or when theres an abundance of gangsta music and there is need for Slayer to break the trend :lol:

I also enjoy people confusing what I say with RAZR.[/quote]

All my ringtones are like, Nile/Behemoth/Cannibal Corpse :lol:

lg-vx9800.jpg

Love my phone had it about 3 months, still waiting on the mobile tv feature to apear in my area. Wide screen view is awesome.

gotz me a krazr.

motorola_k1_krazr_l.jpg

It's.. okay. Good battery life, but otherwise, it's slow. Hit "messages", it takes two to three seconds to come up. It's annoying. Various other annoyances. Can't give people individual text ringtones.. can't transfer MP3s to the phone to use as ringtones, you can only listen to them on the phone.. no flash on the camera. Takes good pictures, great for videos.

What does it mean to "unlock" a phone? If I could transfer MP3s over to use as ringtones, i'd be a LOT happier with it.

I've got the Samsung sch-u740:

7a.jpg

I have a 2GB MicroSD card for it as well. I wish putting custom ring-tones on it was a bit easier (I have to use a program to hack into the directories), but all in all I like it quite a bit.

[quote name='Scorch']gotz me a krazr.

motorola_k1_krazr_l.jpg

It's.. okay. Good battery life, but otherwise, it's slow. Hit "messages", it takes two to three seconds to come up. It's annoying. Various other annoyances. Can't give people individual text ringtones.. can't transfer MP3s to the phone to use as ringtones, you can only listen to them on the phone..[/quote]

I love the RAZR, but fuck if I'm not happy with my RIZR.

For ringtones I use mp3 to ringtone gold. It will txt message you the sound file. In true cag fashion im to cheap to buy the usb adapter so I send all the files through txt messaging.

[quote name='a_bleak_tomorrow']For ringtones I use mp3 to ringtone gold. It will txt message you the sound file. In true cag fashion im to cheap to buy the usb adapter so I send all the files through txt messaging.[/quote]

I did that with my old phone. I attached the wav files and sent them via email to my phone.. this phone does not support that. Which is honestly the one reason why I would want to go back to my old phone. If I can find a way to get music files (wavs or mp3s) onto this phone to use as ringtones, i'd be set..

[quote name='Scorch']I did that with my old phone. I attached the wav files and sent them via email to my phone.. this phone does not support that. Which is honestly the one reason why I would want to go back to my old phone. If I can find a way to get music files (wavs or mp3s) onto this phone to use as ringtones, i'd be set..[/QUOTE]

You can use Bitpim (a program) and a USB cable to view all of the files in the phone. Then you can drag and drop files directly in to the ringtone folder (which your phone normally wouldn't let you access). My friend has a RAZR and that's what he has to do.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']You can use Bitpim (a program) and a USB cable to view all of the files in the phone. Then you can drag and drop files directly in to the ringtone folder (which your phone normally wouldn't let you access). My friend has a RAZR and that's what he has to do.[/quote]

Ask your friend if he has any other methods please.. bitpin and krzr aren't friendly towards each other

[quote name='Mattte']Some LG hawtness:
LG_ax8600blue_details.jpg
[/QUOTE]

damn, was going to post that same pic... I have same color as well. I love how I can save mp3s and use them as ringers, as well as the buttons on the front to play music.

[quote name='crushtopher']Samsung T-809...don't even make 'em anymore[/QUOTE]
High-5 for the 809!

Solid camera, takes video, plays MP3's. Works for me.

EDIT - MP3 ringtones sent over Bluetooth. Currently have the theme from The Office, the Schnitzel Song from Hoodwinked, and The Movielife's "I Hope You Die Soon" in use.

I have some shitty nokia.

My gf was playing games on my phone and it turned off and when we turned it back on all of my games and wallpaper and songs were deleted.

Took it back and told them to fix it and they told me they couldnt, but the woman tried to get me to just send stuff to my phone from hers, like i have time to sit around in the store looking at her phone for stuff to send.

Also the icons for Brew and Web browser changed from their icons to Audio file icons, and now whenever i select these icons it plays part of a nickleback song then my phone turns off.

My phone is so damn ghetto.

Cingular 8125. 'Cause I'm a texting whore. And the fact that I got tired of my Dell Axim PDA running out of battery (from lack of charging) and loosing all of my data. Figured I'd get this phone as you kinda have to keep it charged. Even if it does run out of juice, you don't loose your data. I won't be needing a new phone for at least 4-5 years

cingular-8125-2.jpg

I currently have an Original Black RAZRV3. However I want to upgrade to a smart phone sometime here soon. However I am trying to hold out for the Google Phone.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']LG EnV I like it because I can put full episodes of the office on it for free instead of having to pay for shit on V-Cast.[/quote]

Please tell me how you did this. Ive got the same phone and ive been looking for awhile on a way to do this.

i got the first cameraphone verizon put out, the one that comes with the little vanity mirror built into to, this was much better than my old audiovox piece of crap that would frequently commit suicide

[quote name='InuFaye']Please tell me how you did this. Ive got the same phone and ive been looking for awhile on a way to do this.[/QUOTE]
Get a microSD card for it and record a video to it. That'll tell you where to save them. Then record in .3gp (although I think it'll play .mp4) and you're good.

See also: www.howardforums.com

vx8600-2.jpg

I got it because I needed a new phone (which Verizon provided), and I liked the look of it, lol. :lol: Also, I liked my previous LG phones, so I stuck with them.

I got a Motorola Q from Sprint...

Yeah I know the phone suxxors as does Sprint, but...

Got the phone for $25 AR

and my plan; 500 AT min, 7 PM N&W, U/L data, U/L text= $~35 a month cuz a friend works for Sprint

My plan would be over $75 on Verizon, ATT or TMoblie...

Also Audacity and WM5= free ringtones FTMfuckW

Current RT= Helena DOA4 stage music

[quote name='Scorch']gotz me a krazr.

motorola_k1_krazr_l.jpg

It's.. okay. Good battery life, but otherwise, it's slow. Hit "messages", it takes two to three seconds to come up. It's annoying. Various other annoyances. Can't give people individual text ringtones.. can't transfer MP3s to the phone to use as ringtones, you can only listen to them on the phone.. no flash on the camera. Takes good pictures, great for videos.

What does it mean to "unlock" a phone? If I could transfer MP3s over to use as ringtones, i'd be a LOT happier with it.[/quote]

Unlocking means that it isn't "locked" to any one particular service provider, and you can pop in sim card and continue your service. I bought an unlocked GSM KRZR off ebay a couple months ago. Just popped in my sim card and I could send and receive calls right away. Service providers that don't use sim cards, like Verizon, unlocked phones work a little differently. I think you have to call and give a serial no. or something. I've never had their service, so I can't exactly say.

Also, I can add MP3 ringtones (either through USB or BT) and assgign them to people in my address book on my KRZR. Except once I assign them it plays it for the ring and text message from that person, which is dumb. I have the Castlevania NES theme right now as my regular ring.

It might depend on your provider (I have ATT). I know some providers lock out those features forcing you to use their service to buy ringtones, etc.

I like the KRZR enough, it's compact and the black one I got looks sleek (minus the fingerprints), but it wasn't really a technological leap over the Moto V600 I upgraded from, and I've never been a fan of flip phones. I have a few nits too. The biggest being there's no indicator that the alarm has been set, which gives me a mild case of OCD from checking and rechecking to make sure it is set.

I might give this one to my wife, since her V600 is on its last legs and pick up the Nokia N95.

samsung upstage (f300) and motorola rizr, kinda switch em around.
I used nokia n95 but it got too bulky and i didn't need all that features

Finally app unlocked my Blackjack and it rocks. Have a nice custom homescreen with a few cool things (Facade, Fizz Weather).

Going to look into editing some XML over the next couple of weeks, see if I can tweak it a bit further. That will probably also include overclocking it.

The MPx-220 is available, BTW. WM 2003, fairly good condition (minor scratches on non-LCD parts).

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Figured I'd post this here as well:

Captured-1.jpg

Running the orange plugin, Facade and Fizz Weather. SmartToolKit is the deskbar.[/QUOTE]

i have the same wallpaper, except i have a nokia n75

I have a motorola e815 and I'm on the 3rd one during my 2 year agreement. It sucks... my first and last motorola phone -- I'm going back to LG (even though I'd love an iPhone).

Just bought the sidekick LX so now I am using the Iphone and the sidekick LX......just trying to figure out which one I like better since I don't see a need to keep both.

250x270MYFAVES.jpg

Just got it about 2 weeks ago...I like this phone so far (hence me owning the last 3 generations of Sidekicks except for the ID)

However, I saw this phone...I want to try this phone when it comes out....

250x270.jpg

The T-Mobile Shadow...

I want that shadow but I already have the SDA and the Shadow isn't going to have WiFi, which I like having on the SDA, I dunno. Maybe.

You know, I have been using Sanyos for about 7 or 8 years and loved them. Very durable and NEVER had a problem.

Boring story on why I am now using the phone I have now...
I was with Sprint since the late 90's and earlier this year I finally got fed up with their crappy billing and the service quality going down since the Nextel merger and finally left them. (So fed up, that I ate the $300 early termination to cancel my and my wife's phones.) Since I needed a cell phone, but didn't think to choose a new company before leaving Sprint, I decided to go with MetroPCS. They're in a few cities, and they're kind of a pay as you go, no commentment type. (I know this is about cell phones - I'm getting to that.) The nice thing is I'm paying about the same for completely unlimited calls, day or night. The bad side: it doesn't work out of state or in Canada, unless I pre-pay for roaming. No biggie, since I was just going to do this while I checked out the other companies. That was nine months ago I switched.

The downside of the above is that I had to give up my beloved Sanyo phones. I wanted this Samsung, but the place was out of stock, so I went against my better judgement and got a Razr V3m. I'm not a fan of Razrs, and owning one has not helped that.

At work, everyone knows when it is around 2:30 because that is when my phone starts beeping because the battery is dying. (I'm on my third battery now - so there is something wrong with the phone that all the batteries get, maybe, six hours of standby time, but I haven't had any luck with Motorola on the issue.) Pixie got the same phone and, out of the blue, the screen stopped working so she got a different phone. MetroPCS locked the features of the phone so MPT won't even work with it, but I can bluetooth my pics, music and such back and forth, so that is okay.

My main screen is this:
A sketch of Daria as the Baroness from GI Joe. The ringtone for my wife is the Final Fantasy battle win music, and my text message alert is the Futurama theme.

Overall, I really dislike my phone. But, I'm not a phone snob - my main concerns are if it can make calls and is durable. I am hard on my equipment, so I have to be extra careful with the Razr. I don't browse the web with it and only light text mssg, so I really don't need all the bells and whistles.
(Plus, I have had a $500 phone stolen before, so I'm a little gunshy about dropping too much cash on another smartphone.)

Sorry about babbling so long. I really hate my phone and sometimes the venom just flows...

bread's done
Back