What comedy CDs do I need to own?

Danimal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
My sister-in-law is looking for some Christmas gift ideas for me, and I don't want to ask her for anything too expensive, so I figured CDs are always good. I've been in the mood for some new comedy on CD for a while now. All I have at the moment are a couple by Bill Hicks and a couple by Sam Kinison.

Thanks for any suggestions.

[quote name='Ledhed']Crap, you already said Hicks.

Dane Cook, Mitch Hedberg, and David Cross jump to mind for me.[/QUOTE]That about covers it.

Dave Attell - Skanks for the Memories

You wont regret it!

"You ever make fun of someone so much, you think you should thank them for all the great times you've had?"

[quote name='rabbitt']I second this. His songs are a fucking riot.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Craig Machine's a pretty good album. I need to get his older ones when I get the chance.

Todd Barry - Falling Off The Bone

fucking hilarious and underseen. I also second everything that's already been said and shoot down any of those fucking awful redneck comics in advance. They're really awful.

None. Comedy cds are a huge waste of money and moreover, proof that there's no caring god.

[quote name='DT778']George Lopez!!!!!
Why you crying?
and
Right now right now[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah! I definitely second this!

Also, grab the "Why You Crying?" DVD. fucking hilarious! :rofl:

Worker: Welcome to Yack in the Box! Can I hell you?

Customer: Is this Jack in the Box?

W: Can I hell you?!

C: OK, I want a Jumbo Jack.

W: Un Yumbo Yack?

C: There's no Y in Jack.

W: Quieres queso?

C: Excuse me?

W: Do you wanna sheez?

C: Cheese? Yeah.

W: Un Yumbo Yack con queso. Quieres papas fritas? You want a fren fries?

C: My friends are fine, thanks. What kind of fountain drinks do you have?

W: Que?

C: Fountain drinks!

W: One minute, please... (to boss) Rudy, he's over here diciendo "fountain drink." Que es? What it is? What it is, fountain drink? Es soda? Es soda?! He's over here a-saying "fountain drink" like I'm a-stupid! (to customer)

WHY YOU NO SAY "SODA?!" STUPID!!!!

We got Coca! We got a Pecsi! We got a Fanta! We got Esprite! ESPRITE! E...S...P... Esprite, stupid! We got Orchata! Quieres orchata?

C: I don't wanna speak to the manager. I want a fucking drink! Tell Orchata to give me a Pepsi!

Pablo Francisco .
Everyone I play his CD for loves it . It comes with the DVD ,it's in the DVD section @ Best Buy .
dvd_cover1.jpg

Also check out Robert Schimmel .

[quote name='ph33r m3']Stephen Lynch is amazing.[/QUOTE]

I agree his stuff is so fucking funny.
Also pick up Dave attell who IMO is long over due to bring out another cd.

Dane cook
Mitch hedberg
Zack galifianakis- I think he only has a dvd out.

I'd recommend checking out Richard Cheese, he's not a stand up or anything, but he does lounge style covers of popular songs. All of his CDs are great, even if you don't like a song, he can make it sound great, and in most cases, hilarious.

Wow, this is great. Mitch Hedberg I had heard of (but never heard) and being a huge Arrested Development fan, of course I love David Cross, but a lot of these suggestions are guys I've never even heard of. I gave my sister-in-law a short list for Christmas gift ideas, but I'll look into most, if not all of the other suggestions eventually myself.

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone throwing out names. :applause:

[quote name='Graystone']
Zack galifianakis- I think he only has a dvd out.[/QUOTE]

How could I forget to mention him. One of the best comedians out there in my opinion. Do you know if this dvd is just his Comedy Central special? Also, if anyone else is a fan of Zack, he can be seen Friday nights at 11pm on Comedy Central on the Comedians of Comedy. Unfortunately the focus isnt on him but its still a good show.

And it's not out yet (Dec 6) but Gilbert Gottfried's Dirty Jokes should be funny.

bread's done
Back