What desk chair do you have? I'm in the market.

RomieYO

CAGiversary!
I need a comfy desk chair for under 200 bucks. X-rockers and other gaming chairs completely suck in my mind, so what do you use?

interior-office-Desk-Chair-Black-Task-Seating-Boss-furniture.jpg

Can't go wrong with the basics haha

or this
http://www.staples.com/Staples-Sidley-Luxura-Executive-High-Back-Chair-Black/product-nr_923274

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Serta that I got at Office Max. Good build quality, adjustable lumbar support.

You're going to want to go sit in chairs. People can recommend things all day long, but in the end it's going to be what feels best for you. I personally prefer a high-back chair since I'm sitting in it almost all day.

You're definitely going to want to sit in the chairs to find out. Obviously price is going to play a factor, but make sure it's somewhat comfortable. Don't worry TOO much about comfort though, because it'll become much more so once you break it in. Also, make sure it has all of the feature you want. Are you going to be sitting for 2 hours a day, or 12? You might want adjustable lumbar support or adjustable arms.

My advice would be to come up with a price range, than head to a few stores and see what they have. If you like it, don't think twice, buy it. Just make sure not to cheap out. You'll regret it. :p

[quote name='dohdough']Save more money and get a Herman Miller Aeron, then thank me in several years.:D[/QUOTE]

We got those where I work, and after sitting in one for a year, I can definitely say they are amazing.

Thought about buying one for home use, saw the price, and said helllllll no.

Still awesome chairs though lol

[quote name='moojuice']We got those where I work, and after sitting in one for a year, I can definitely say they are amazing.

Thought about buying one for home use, saw the price, and said helllllll no.

Still awesome chairs though lol[/QUOTE]

I'm actually considering one of these for home use. My ass is usually in a chair 12-14 hours a day, and if that chair does what I think it does, then I'd be game to spend $900 on it.

[quote name='dohdough']Save more money and get a Herman Miller Aeron, then thank me in several years.:D[/QUOTE]

I thought about that but then I saved some more money and am gonna get the embody. Standing desk is fucking killing my knees.

Nyah nyah.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mirra, Aeron, and Embody are in the top 10 for ergonomics. I've been in the Mirra and Aeron and prefer the Aeron, but some people prefer the Mirra. Either way, you owe it to your neck, back, hips, shoulders, and knees to get a chair that fits right and gives you proper support if you're going to be at a desk for 9 hours a day if you can afford it. Luckily, there are tons of reputable discount office liquidators online and on craigslist that sell these chairs at a 10-30% discount.

I believe that Staples, OfficeMax, and Office Depot have a bootleg version of the Aeron, but the fabric is different and isn't as supportive.

got an Aeron as well, bought it from a friend who won it at Mac World (Mac world? but that was ages ago) and then had to leave the country. Score! Best $400 i ever spent...still working great, but the lumbar support seems to wear out on every model.

I found my chair next to a dumpster behind toys r us and its pretty comfy I'll post a picture later, it was still brand new it must have been an item that nopony bought so they just put it next to the garbage dumpster

Another quality but pricey solution that can sometimes be found for a good bit less is the Humanscale chairs. If you are in a bigger city you might watch craigslist but I've also seen them on ebay I suppose being liquidated from companies that went out of business. We have a couple Freedom models in our computer room and I spend a good bit of time in mine. We got ours for cheap because my wife gets a designer discount. We also have Humanscale keyboard/mouse trays and monitor arms. Really is nice to have a quality ergo set-up if you spend any amount of time at the computer.

I spent a bit extra and got myself a Broyhill leather task chair. It's super cushiony and it gives me enough elbow room for playing games. I think I paid $120 with a coupon and the chair being on sale down from $199 at OfficeMax.

bread's done
Back