Inglorious Basterds Blu-Ray
Red Adidas track jacket
$10 Gas card

Girlfriend's Parents:
$15 Subway giftcard
Pack of Reese trees

Sister & Brother-in-Law:
$25 Regal Cinema giftcard

Overall, pretty awesome Christmas. Too bad my childhood memories still ruins every Christmas for me since the magic is just gone :([/QUOTE]

I never knew about these "Reese Trees". A quick google search and now I want some! Are they only an East Coast thing? Gah, look delicious. I love reese's!

Posted earlier but here's my final haul:

CM Punk tshirt
Legacy tshirt
Western Digital TV Live HD media player
Electric razor
Up bluray
$410 cash
$25 iTunes gc
$20 Gamestop gc

It's awesome having 8 uncles/aunts on each side of the family. :D

From The parental unit:
Wii Sports Resort
Mario Kart Wii
Nintendo Points Card
Dead Space Extraction
Rayman Raving Rabbids
An extra nunchuck
A wii mote charger

This was the year of the wii. Last year it was DS.

Work meant a gift card to chillis and other small things. I also got giftcards to target and cash from parents. So I'm not complaining.

I got...

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
The Conduit
Klonoa
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Scribblenauts
Assassin's Creed 2 :ps3:
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare :ps3: (a little late to the party on this but it was a Black Friday sale @ Walmart)
The Hangover DVD
new headphones
Netflix 1 year - 3 discs at a time
iTunes gift cards
a toolbox
various clothes and socks

Not gonna lie I had quite a haul this year, many thanks to CAG deals.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I never knew about these "Reese Trees". A quick google search and now I want some! Are they only an East Coast thing? Gah, look delicious. I love reese's![/QUOTE]

They are definitely not an East Coast thing, we sold them at my store this year (I'm on the West coast.) You should be able to find them with the holiday candy at any ol' grocery store.

They make special, extra-peanut-butter filled shapes for every holiday. Be on the lookout for Hearts and Eggs coming up. Especially watch for the Reester Bunny with the chocolate rabbits this easter and king-size pumpkins at Halloween. They're the best! ;)

Edit: Found a couple king-size trees left over at Walgreen's when I was out earlier- I only found King size last Halloween, so I didn't know they were carrying that to the other holidays. get King size if you can find it, it's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
got a bunch of money from the place i work (delivery newspaper) got around 600 in tips...

from family around 200 in cash and 3 dvd sets (sliders : ) )

probally just toss all the money in the bank... Nothing i need to buy with the massive backlog of games... have a very nice computer i got last year (probally wont buy another till 2012 or later)

might pick up a LCD tv if i ever find a very nice one under 500

[quote name='dmaul1114']So far I've gotten Inglorious Basterds on Blu Ray, a new battery for my Kindle (bought it used in the spring, didn't seem to last as long as it should) and a handheld pet hair vacuum to get cat hair of the couch etc.

Have a box of other stuff my parents sent that's wrapped, not sure what any of it is.[/QUOTE]

To add to this:

Tickets to see Cavalia in Atlanta with my girlfriend
A nice $150 Briggs & Riley brief case/laptop case
A couple shirts
A nice 3 volume, hardover illustrated edition of Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Blu Ray
A new wallet
A WVU wall clock
Some cash and a few other small things. Spent some of the cash on Harry Potter 1-5 Blu Ray set and Pirates of the Carribean Trilogy Blu Ray set on Amazon yesterday.

Not a huge hall, but I didn't ask for much as there wasn't much I needed/wanted.

$575 from family, mostly from ones out of state.

Emilie Autumn Book+CD+Shirt+Bag Opheliac set
3 MARs Trooper sets from Amazon (They hit 4.99 w/prime elgibility :D)
a $20 Target giftcard
a set of skull candy earbuds (Damn these are terrible quality, my $100ish pairs of headphones spoiled me too much)
Genitorturers Blackheart Revolution CD
Magic Knight Rayearth set
Twelve Kingdoms set

Waiting on a package from my father still.

$80 cash
$200 check
$35 Amazon Gift Card
$50 Visa Gift Card
:360: Prototype
:360: Brutal Legend
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum
:wii: Metroid Prime: Trilogy
:ds: Zelda Spirit Tracks
:dvd: Frisky Dingo Season 2
:dvd: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Seasons 1-4
Marvel Heroes wall calendar
Marvel Studios T-Shirt
Iron Man Arc Reactor T-shirt
They Might Be Giants 8-Bit Rock T-Shirt
Tom Tom One 130

Edit: Will exchange gifts with the gf next week. With the Amazon gift card (thanks to my cousin/roommate), I got:

:dvd: Heroes Season 3
:dvd: Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law Season 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, so of you guys must be from Ivy League families with all the shit you still get for Christmas in this economy. Either that or you just don't live in Michigan. This thread makes me feel like John Bender. "Smoke up, Johnny!"

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Damn, so of you guys must be from Ivy League families with all the shit you still get for Christmas in this economy. Either that or you just don't live in Michigan. This thread makes me feel like John Bender. "Smoke up, Johnny!"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this thread makes me cry.

I got a like a t shirt, a hoodie, and a pack of socks.

Overall a sweet x-mas. Here is what I received:

Infamous
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (I know I know its long overdue lol)
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in time

Lego Star Wars Sets:
Republic Attack Shuttle
Darth Vader's Tie Fighter
V-19 Torrent
Genera Grievous Statue

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Damn, so of you guys must be from Ivy League families with all the shit you still get for Christmas in this economy. [/QUOTE]

LOL no shit, I was wondering the same thing myself--are all the posters still living at home with rich families (or families with huge credit card bills)? And for those of you that have jobs...posting stuff you bought for yourself is just cheating.

[quote name='Spacepest']LOL no shit, I was wondering the same thing myself--are all the posters still living at home with rich families (or families with huge credit card bills)? And for those of you that have jobs...posting stuff you bought for yourself is just cheating.[/QUOTE]

Well the unemployment rate is like 10%, which is terrible. But that still means 90% of the workforce is still employed. So still probably a majority of families didn't make severe cutbacks in Christmas spending (holiday sales were up a bit from last year weren't they--seem to recall reading that somewhere after Black Friday).

I got less than last year as I asked for less as I just don't need much of anything right now, and have less free time for games, movies etc. with being done with grad school finally.

But otherwise it would have been similar as my dad's been retired for a while and my mom still has the same part time job she's had for a while to bring in some spending money. While both my girlfriend and I have stable jobs as professors and make decent money. So there wasn't really any financial hardship among my main "gift givers" nor my own ability to give gifts--I spent a good bit more this year since I'm making a lot more money now since I have real job rather than a grad student research position.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Damn, so of you guys must be from Ivy League families with all the shit you still get for Christmas in this economy. Either that or you just don't live in Michigan. This thread makes me feel like John Bender. "Smoke up, Johnny!"[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean...seeing the gift is quite insane. Some people be making a half a G-note. i cant complain though. I was extremely happy with what i got this year. playing berzerk on the 2600 feels like bliss.

I actually wonder if retail sales were up compared to last year. I remember the holiday season last year being mostly dead and retailers in deep trouble due to weak holiday sales last year.

It's crazy; last thing I expect from this site. If I got those kinds of gifts, I don't think I'd have a reason to be cheap. :lol:

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Yeah, this thread makes me cry.

I got a like a t shirt, a hoodie, and a pack of socks.[/QUOTE]

im on the same boat with you, I only got $50 cash

Blu rays:

Band of Brothers
Fringe Season 1
Inglorious Basterds
Terminator Salvation
Fight Club
Up
Wall E
Monsters Inc
I am Legend
The Dark Knight
Planet Earth the Complete Series
Donnie Darko

Dvd:

Smallville
Charlie Brown Christmas

Other:

PS3 - 80 gig phat model (hate the new look of the slim)
Metal Gear Solid 4
LittleBigPlanet GOTY
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Model: ZHA-00001 | SKU: 9057236
Superman rugs for my car
Adidas Samba shoes
$150 in cash/gift cards

Good Christmas this year.

[quote name='Unrealevil']It's crazy; last thing I expect from this site. If I got those kinds of gifts, I don't think I'd have a reason to be cheap. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm cheap with hobbies as I don't have a ton of free time to put toward them--and especially with games as my interest has waned a lot in recent years and I don't feel the need to spend much money on them (have gotten most everything from Goozex since last winter).

But other than that, I'm not cheap at all. I eat out a nice places with the girl friend at least a couple times a week, drink a lot of micro brew beer, buy nice clothes etc. I'm not rolling in cash by any means, but I do ok for myself and don't have to worry that much about eating out, buying a game etc. while still building up some savings.

Point being, even people making ok money can still be cheap in some facets. Wanting to save money doesn't have to be the result of having a very tight budget. It can be just not feeling certain things are worth much money, or wanting to build up savings, etc.

Parents:
WiiFit+
Spool of 50 blank DVDs
Silverware Set
Bookcase
Pac-Man PJs

Girlfriend:
StarTrek: Next Generation Movie Collection (Blu-Ray)
Family Guy Presents: Something Something Something Dark Side (Blu-Ray)
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Resident Evil 5 (360)
Mac OS X 10.6
Star Trek Uno cards
Enterprise-D key chain
Ninja Turtle Snuggie - Don
Penguin of Madagascar Blanket
120GB HD for 360
Hallmark's Galaga arcade cabinet ornament
Hallmark's Ecto-1 ornament

Sisters:
Ninja Turtles Clock
Accident in Time: Delorean vs Tardis Tshirt
"It's never to late to live happily ever after" sign (for me and my girlfriend)
"Love" Picture Frame (for me and my girlfriend)

Grandmother:
$100
Box of cookies
Christmas Cactus

I usually don't get much for xmas, and this year was no different, about $200 in gift cards/cash total. But what the wife and I do is go out after Xmas and buy anything and everything we want, so I went out today and got

Blu Rays

The Hangover
District 9
Public Enemies

DVD's

Grumpy Old Men
Grumpier old Men
V For Vendetta
Unforgiven

(all 4 for $20, I was happy with that deal)

Also picked up a $200 pair of winter steel toed boots I have been in desperate need of for work.

Not a bad haul if I say so myself, could have spent a ton more but I am a cheapskate!

My girlfriends parents bought me a PS3 and a 100 gift card to gamestop to get stuff. I also go a Gorillaz Rise of the Ogre book, HDMI cables and various giftcards to things.

Pretty decent haul this year. No cash or gift cards but I prefer ol' fashion gifts

Games:

Modern Warfare 2
Xbox Live 12 months
Assassin's Creed 2
Ratchet and Clank 2
New Super Mario Bros Wii

Other:

Blade MCX s300
Naef Cella
Buddha Machine II
EMS Jacket
A couple books
Airzooka
WWII Memorabilia (e.g. a German gas mask, coin, and original photos)
DVDs (e.g. Sunny In Philly Xmas Special, + a few UK TV shows)

Update to my list now that my girlfriend is in town:

Her parents got me $50 gift card, while she got me an awesome It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia shirt -- "Dayman - Fighter of the Nightman"

SUAS1004.jpg

I got a few things, but my favorite was a pair of Turtle Beach X41's from my dad. I already had a 5.1 surround sound system in my gaming room, but these make a HUGE difference. I've played my best games of MW2 with them because you can hear everything. No more getting knifed in the back because you can hear them coming up on you from a pretty far distance.

[quote name='pacifickarma']I got my best X-Mas gift yet:
1230092047.jpg
And no, I won't be returning it![/QUOTE]

Congrats on the baby. Where did you steal it from?

[quote name='tivo'] Airzooka[/QUOTE]

Yes.:hot: I have always wanted an Airzooka. That is the one that shoots a big ball of air at people, right? Hahaha, I bet that would be absolutely rib-crackingly funny if you had it on a bus or subway, and you just randomly fired at people.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Congrats on the baby. Where did you steal it from?[/QUOTE]

Apparently, you can get one for free, but the monthly payments are pretty high!

[quote name='pacifickarma']Apparently, you can get one for free, but the monthly payments are pretty high![/QUOTE]

It's actually not as bad as you would think. Mine just turned 18 months, and doesn't cost me nearly as much as I thought it would. Get a Sam's Club membership if you have one in your area. Buying things like diapers, wipes, and formula in bulk saved us tons.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Point being, even people making ok money can still be cheap in some facets. Wanting to save money doesn't have to be the result of having a very tight budget. It can be just not feeling certain things are worth much money, or wanting to build up savings, etc.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, but I also feel like the time I spend being cheap costs me, and while I wouldn't feel right shelling out $60 every single time I want a new game, it sure would be nice to not have to be cheap, because video games are worth it, to me. Anyway, I was talking more about receiving so many games as gifts, rather than how much money one makes.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Yes.:hot: I have always wanted an Airzooka. That is the one that shoots a big ball of air at people, right? Hahaha, I bet that would be absolutely rib-crackingly funny if you had it on a bus or subway, and you just randomly fired at people.[/QUOTE]
I don't even stab a lot of people and even I would stab anyone who was shooting air at me on a bus, nobody would laugh

bread's done
Back