What do any of you know about Antenna booster stickers?

I got one for free when I bought a $5 laser pointer off ebay.

It had a huge As Seen on TV sticker on it...I've put it on and don't really notice anything.
Uhhmmmm YMMV? :)

I know there was someone selling games or something on ebay and if you ordered you got like 15 of them for free. Also that they are usually sold in groups of like 50 and shit. Never tried one though. if I see one in a store maybe id pick one up, if its like less than 3 bucks.

i used to have one of these on my phone at first it worked (i think) i noticed a jump in signal but then after the first couple calls it didnt make a difference

BUT if you do but it DO NOT take it off
for some reason i couldnt get a good signal anywhere with that phone any more

then again i just may be crazy

ps
they sell them at local dollar stores around NJ so you might find one there

They'll work as well as any other sticker :p. Seriously though, why would anybody think it would actually work, it doesn't even connect to anything.

[quote name='SpazX']They'll work as well as any other sticker :p. Seriously though, why would anybody think it would actually work, it doesn't even connect to anything.[/quote]

QFT.

If those metal stickers gave a signal boost by placing it near the battery (of all places, sheesh), then in theory plugging it into a car charger would give it the boost of a lifetime. (Actually, I never checked signal strength after plugging it in...)

If you can get one for $1 or free it wouldn't hurt, but don't waste any real money on it.

I just deleted the post not to start a debate, I had one, I didn't mind it because I didn't expect it to give me 5 bars in dead zones

I think it did work a tiny little bit...I don't mind them for $1-$2

By the way, that guys testing is just way too biased. He's using non standard hardware [tracfone prepaids running on 5 year old phones with congested low quality networks? smartphones that aren't typically known for their great receiption]

Do a test with 5 consumer phones [say, V3RAZR, NOKIA 6010, motorola V180, Samsung sch160, sony ericcson t610] on both Cingular and T-Mobile, measure out their reception via service menus at the same time of the day in the same location with only one phone on at a time, do it at a different time of day, same location, then repeat at different locations throughout the week, average out all the values, and then you can say "they don't work"

bread's done
Back