What do I do when I've been stiffed by another CAG?

Talus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I created this thread in order to trade a Shockwave pre-order bonus code for another XBLA code:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7455601

I got a reply from Carnage Lot
user_offline.gif
(I know .. new user) and he offered an XBL points code for the Shockwave code.

He confirmed redemption of the code over Xbox Live. His GamerTag is MythicGuy13 and here is his message:

mythicguy13.jpg

He has not sent any code and he is now blocking communication and is not responding to me. I can see that he is online and playing the game.

Any thoughts?

For a small fee, I can help you with this situation. I will, however, require payment up front. ;)

Seriously though, sorry to hear about this. There's really no satisfying recourse when getting hosed online unless PayPal or something similar is involved.

Where did you guys make the arrangement? PMs here on CAG, on XBL? If you did it here on CAG you can contact mods who could possibly remove/ban his/her privileges here on CAG, as far as getting your points I think you may be SOL.

[quote name='notwen']Where did you guys make the arrangement? PMs here on CAG, on XBL? If you did it here on CAG you can contact mods who could possibly remove/ban his/her privileges here on CAG, as far as getting your points I think you may be SOL.[/QUOTE]

I have PMs from him here on CAG (which means the mods have more of his contact info as well as his IP) and I also have the above posted Xbox Live message with his GamerTag. I don't think Microsoft will give a crap, but I'm hoping CAGers will :)

In the future, you may want to consider using the Marketplace so you could leave him negative feedback, etc. Both users commit to a trade w/ terms up front and that generally helps prevent most from scamming the other, if they intend to use that account for future trades due to fear of getting feedback from the present trade; hope that makes sense.

Regardless, best of luck w/ your future trades. =]

Find out where he lives and kick him in the balls... Might not get your points back but it sure will be satisfying

I hope once this situation is a bit more exposed, the rage of CAGers will descend upon that person like a colony of ants onto a fallen, melting ice-cream cone.
That should hopefully teach that person to not mess with THE Talus (or anyone else) again.

The best lessons are from our mistakes, so like notwen said...best of luck to the future :)

If it makes you feel any better, the first DLC pack came out today and that included Shockwave, 4 other characters (including the two other preorder bonus characters) and two new maps for $10.

The guy didn't even gain much for being an ass.

I think you can add feedback through his profile. I mean, you traded something through CAG, so it demands feedback, right? Other than that, get CAG mods to ban his ass, and maybe as further punishment, see if you can find his name on other trading websites and add feedback there too. It won't make up for the loss, but you can warn others/be a burr up his butt.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I got the code for SHOCKWAVE and never used it for the 360 you want it Talus?[/QUOTE]

Thank you. That is very kind of you, but I probably won't go back to the multiplayer mode for Transformers WfC. I thoroughly enjoyed the single player campaign (Autobot especially) and that's pretty much what I bought the game for. A multiplayer-only skin wasn't very useful to me so I decided to trade it to somebody who wanted it more.

Your code is better off in the hands of someone who would spend more time in multiplayer :)

At least we have some great CAGs out there to make up for the bad ones!

[quote name='Corizzle']If it makes you feel any better, the first DLC pack came out today and that included Shockwave, 4 other characters (including the two other preorder bonus characters) and two new maps for $10.

The guy didn't even gain much for being an ass.[/QUOTE]

Interesting .. I wonder if that's why he stiffed me. Why offer a MS points code when he could have purchased the whole DLC pack for less?

I see that you're in CANADA. Is that where this guy is from as well? You realize that MS points are region-locked and one bought here in the U.S. would not be redeemable on a Canadian LIVE account.

You have been on the forum longer than he has. You should have demanded that he send your code FIRST!

Edit: I see. Just read the original thread posted in CANADA trade forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we can all go on xbox live and give him a crappy rating to make his life miserable when trying to play with ppl online?

I was thinking about that. Too bad the friend request spammer is not working.

He would have to change his gamertag with all the bad ratings and we couldn't find him. We'd lose out on our chance to get him.

[quote name='RobMinhas']

My condolences, nothing worse then being stiffed by a fellow CAG.[/QUOTE]

Well, there are probably a few things worse.... :) but yeah, that is pretty low. There has to be some kind of honour with this system.

[quote name='GreenTomato']Maybe we can all go on xbox live and give him a crappy rating to make his life miserable when trying to play with ppl online?[/QUOTE]
with any luck he would have to change his gamertag which would end up costing him 800 ms points.

I say there should be an unwritten rule that you shouldnt trust anyone here who isnt a "Veteran" with at least.... *cough* ...let's say *8* posts to their name....
---
Sam.

Don't mean to derail the thread but I've been wondering about something... a long while back there was a big-time seller from Canada on the marketplace that just sorta dissapeared one day without fufilling some rather large trades/purchases... was there ever any resolution to that? Did anyone ever find out what happened to him?

[quote name='SamusekTDS']I say there should be an unwritten rule that you shouldnt trust anyone here who isnt a "Veteran" with at least.... *cough* ...let's say *8* posts to their name....
---
Sam.[/QUOTE]
I never trade with anyone who doesn't have any trades under their belt, and if I do trade with them I kindly ask them to go first.

Saves a lot of frustration imo.

this might seem a little dumb but I prefer doing trades locally. It kida defeats the purpuse of this website but even if you only get stiffed once in 10 or 20 trades, that is still too much for me and I would then stop doing online trades...

[quote name='eastshore4']Don't mean to derail the thread but I've been wondering about something... a long while back there was a big-time seller from Canada on the marketplace that just sorta dissapeared one day without fufilling some rather large trades/purchases... was there ever any resolution to that? Did anyone ever find out what happened to him?[/QUOTE]
Referring to danthemightyone as mentioned in this thread (and others)?

bread's done
Back