What do you do when someone with 0 feedback bids but you state they can't?

xghostsniperx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I specifically said in my auction that I will NOT accept bids from members with zero or negative feedback. Yet I have a person as my top bidder with zero feedback, joined eBay three days ago. Obviously he is attempting to scam me, considering I'm selling an Xbox 360 and 95% of auctions are won by 0 feedback users and never paid.

What can I do about this? Can I request that his bid be cancelled? Or should I just wait until the end of the auction and maybe sell it to the next highest bidder?

Go ahead and cancel his bid now before the auction ends.

I am worried as well. I just sold a FFVII for $51 and the person who has 0 feedback and joined a couple of days ago has still not paid yet.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']I specifically said in my auction that I will NOT accept bids from members with zero or negative feedback. Yet I have a person as my top bidder with zero feedback, joined eBay three days ago. Obviously he is attempting to scam me, considering I'm selling an Xbox 360 and 95% of auctions are won by 0 feedback users and never paid.

What can I do about this? Can I request that his bid be cancelled? Or should I just wait until the end of the auction and maybe sell it to the next highest bidder?[/quote]
First:

Cancel Their Bid

Next:

Block them from bidding again

I also would highly recommend clicking that little box that says "Require Paypal Account" (or something like that) it keeps away the scammers for the most part.

A Canadian buyer with 0 feedback just won my Shining Soul II auction. Hopefully the fact that it's fairly cheap ($16.50 shipped) will improve my chances of receiving payment.

We all started with zero feedback at one time. I am sure it can be a problem since they have less to lose. I remember being shocked how many people did not want me to bid on their auctions when I first started out.

[quote name='4tygames']Go ahead and cancel his bid now before the auction ends.

I am worried as well. I just sold a FFVII for $51 and the person who has 0 feedback and joined a couple of days ago has still not paid yet.[/quote]if you think that's worrysome, then get a load of this:

i sold a pair of mavs finals tickets for $700 to a guy with 0 feedback who didn't respond to my emails to him up to the day before the game. i asked ebay for his phone number and called him, and it ended up working out, but that's kind of scary.

I cancel there bids. Easy as that. I also do to the ones who live in Canada and think if they win I will ship it out to them.

[quote name='humakti']We all started with zero feedback at one time. I am sure it can be a problem since they have less to lose. I remember being shocked how many people did not want me to bid on their auctions when I first started out.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. We all had zero feedback and we all had to gain feedback so we had to buy stuff. Just make sure you receive payment before you ship it out. That's all you can ask for.

You can also go to your Ebay account and make it so people with 0,-1,-2 feedback can not bid. I just had a zero be the winner of my RE4 PS2 Premium Edition. He paid me thru Paypal today, but he has an unconfirmed address. I told him that I was refunding his money and he needs to send me a Money Order.

[quote name='humakti']We all started with zero feedback at one time. I am sure it can be a problem since they have less to lose. I remember being shocked how many people did not want me to bid on their auctions when I first started out.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

As long as they pay reasonably quickly through Paypal and have a confirmed address, I don't care. I'd say out of maybe 50 or 60 0 feedback buyers, maybe 3 of them haven't paid, and it was always on the small $2 items.

I think you can change your preferences to make it so people with a certain feedback level can't even bid. ( I know you can do it with neg feedback of buyer) On the same place you can make it so buyer has to have paypal and live in the USA......

bread's done
Back