What do you hope to find this coming Black Friday?

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
Well the first Black Friday day has emerged even if it is just an Ace Hardware ad. Black Friday is approaching and many of us will be saving up and not buying stuff we normally would in hopes of finding it on sale. What are your big items this year to find on sale dirt cheap?

Personally I really hope to find a PS2. I had one, and I have hundreds of games, but had to sell the system itself a few months ago when we were hard up for cash. I miss playing Katamari and alot of others! I have been holding off since I know the system will hit $100 soon and I want to save the $30. Maybe my patience will pay off and it will drop and there will be a deal ass well meaning I find a slim for $70-$75.

I would also bite on a 360 if I found one for $250(premium)or Wii at $200(that aint happaning). Outside that I dont think I have a big wish list this year. Maybe a few back PC games I havnt grabbed yet like Bioshock.

I'm personally looking to nab some cheap HD-DVDs (sub $20 range, at least)...or the rumored $400 PS3 - that price could make me finally bite. Of course, I'd want some cheap Blu-Rays and PS3 Games along with that too.

Nothing for me, I hate the crowds during BF and well, the fact that stores to some extent didn't seem to put a limit on stuff they were selling cheap. Then again, if BB had a couple years ago, I doubt I'd have sprung for a new Dell and just stuck myself with some craptastic Emachines pc for $199. Plus, had they put a limit on the PCs they sold cheap, I might never have bought my Xbox and enjoyed the past two years playing on it.

So, nothing for me as of now, unless I see something incredible(like a $199 PS3) and the chances of that happening are slim to nil.

What do I hope to find?

How about a Falcon Chipset Elite or Halo 3 Edition 360 with Halo 3 (Legendary Edition preferred), wireless adapter, extra wireless controller, for say, $200.

Well, I can hope, can't I?

How about some non garbage $3 and $5 games and Blu Ray DVDs?

A really phat 1080p super slim TV (at least 40, not one of the off brand 3 year old pieces of trash, for $500?

[quote name='contej85']I want to nab some t.v. seasons on the cheap. For gaming stuff, nothing really comes to mind.[/quote]

Yeah TV Seasons for cheap, no more than $20 for the really good ones. I mean come on, charging $50+ for a crappy DVD set of some nostalgic show?

And they wonder why we download...

I'll second this wish. Although the new 71 series for a cheap price like $1800 or so would make me go for it.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Probably a Samsung HDTV for less than 1000, and a screen bigger than 42", IDK. ;)[/QUOTE]

a widescreen hdtv compatible lcd monitor. hopefully 2 of them. and alot of good cheap ass games that are on sale at the major retailers.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nothing for me, I hate the crowds during BF and well, the fact that stores to some extent didn't seem to put a limit on stuff they were selling cheap. Then again, if BB had a couple years ago, I doubt I'd have sprung for a new Dell and just stuck myself with some craptastic Emachines pc for $199. Plus, had they put a limit on the PCs they sold cheap, I might never have bought my Xbox and enjoyed the past two years playing on it.

So, nothing for me as of now, unless I see something incredible(like a $199 PS3) and the chances of that happening are slim to nil.[/QUOTE]

I never go out and usually still find something good. Just watch sites like this one, fat wallet and slickdeals.net honestly last year I got my parents $150 comforter for like $40 shipped and a ton of jewlery for my in law.

A sale on Star Wars figures at Target, MoH: Airborne for $25 or less, GH 80's at 17.99 or less, and some TV series like Heroes and Invasion.

I think this year I am just going to hit the online deals. Most stores I went to last year you couldn't even walk through.

I've only done this BF thing for 2 years now and it's like it gets worse every year. In 2005, I found a few good things and then in 2006, I found nothing worth going to a store for.

But luckily for me, I don't really need anything though I would like a nice subwoofer.

I'm just going to go online as well.

But I have a couple of questions. Do the online sale prices start at midnight?

And what if you're on the west coast? Can you get on at 9:01 pm Pacific Time and get the Black Friday prices since it's 12:01 on the East Coast?

Hoping for a cheap, quality HDTV along with a nice stand to go along with it..

also, even if there aren't any deals I think I'll go regardless

I'd like to find cheap season dvd and maybe a few games, but i'll probably stick with online unless there's something good I never really find anything good I want worth going through mass of crowds to get.

Not worth going out into the havoc. Dealing with the crowds, the horrendous traffic, and missing out on valuable time with family and friends cannot justify $25 off a DVD Boxset.

So, what do I hope to find this Black Friday? Leftover Turkey and a good football game.

Hoping to upgrade my monitor and TV. Come on 42" Deals! Hoping to see some of the people I saw in line last year at bestbuy too. Good people

[quote name='karkyco']I'm just going to go online as well.

But I have a couple of questions. Do the online sale prices start at midnight?

And what if you're on the west coast? Can you get on at 9:01 pm Pacific Time and get the Black Friday prices since it's 12:01 on the East Coast?[/QUOTE]

Really depends. Some stores have jumped the gun and done the sale early. Some wait till midnight, some 8 the next mourning and some not till noon or so. Most start early in the mourning if I recall though.

When it comes down to it just whenever black friday starts approaching start checking cheapassgamer, slickdeals.net and fat wallet as much as possible.

Oozing at the hopes for the 32" Sharp Aquos 1080p TV to go on some sexy sale... I have to work at CC that day from 4am so I can't shop... Hopefully I can get my boyfriend to wake up early for me and buy it... I wonder if I get discount on top of that sale... most likely not since i doubt they put it for under cost. hmmm.

A decently-powered, uber-cheap (say, $300 or so), recognizable-brand laptop for me. If the hardware's decent enough, I might even be willing to ::shudder:: get in line to get into the store when they open.

I *never* shop on BF, much less get in line before opening to do so, but moving necessitates getting a new computer for myself. Anyway, that's my big goal.

[quote name='machoman_93']This might sound stupid, but whats black friday? sounds like some kind of doomsday bs.[/quote]

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, when most stores have super sale items which are limited in quantity to get you in the door, in the hopes you'll splurge and buy other shit to go with the cheap stuff.

It's typically known as the first day of the holiday shopping season for Christmas.

[quote name='machoman_93']This might sound stupid, but whats black friday? sounds like some kind of doomsday bs.[/quote]

yeah and if you actually plan to go for the doorbusters make sure you get in line the day before friday.. sometime in the afternoon :hot:

I don't think Black Friday deals are ever that great, especially for games. I shop all year for gifts when there are clearances and of course with this site, get cheap games all year. Besides, it's usually bargain bin garbage marked down to $4.99.

Plus I hate crowds, I like going to the mall on a weekday when it's dead and I don't have to fight for a parking spot, and wait 20 minutes at a register to check out.

Customers who are nice and treat you as a human being rather then pond scum since you work in retail. On Black Friday to boot!

Nah...

hmmm

Last year I picked up mostly software for cheap at BB.

This year I hope to see quad core processors 25-40% off...so I can upgrade :)

i was in a black friday line at fry's electronics two years ago, the line stretched from the front to the side to the back to across the street...about 98% of the line was asian kids, seriously it was just a giant sea of asian kids and teenagers, the doors were supposed to open at 6 or 7 and an hour before the doors opened Everyone went nuts, a guy decided to be one of the biggest Jerks/idiots ever in the whole world and thought it would be a good idea to DRIVE HIS CAR AND BLOCK THE ENTRANCE! at that point people got pissed and started rocking the car and the whole line broke apart and I lost my spot as 75th in line, The cops were called but not before three guys were trampled, one underage girl was "De-clothesed" and three cars and a poor defenseless shopping cart were used as battering rams into people...and I lost my pillow as well. The cops came the store opened at 10:00 AM because of all the damage and idiocy...Needless to say Lost Season 1 DVD for 20 bucks was worth it.

I wonder if its worth risking it for Season 2?

I really want to find that GS hasn't sold my preorder of Rockband to some screaming mother who doesn't have a clue that little Jimmy isn't going to get Rockband for Christmas without a preorder.

TBW

[quote name='BIG5']GBA SP so I can play my GBA/GBC games again, or maybe a Micro.[/QUOTE]

Isn't sub-$40 at Sears for a Micro good enough?

I'm thinking about building a new computer or two (one for me, one for my parents), so I'm hoping to find some sort of deal on components, either in store or online.

TV Sets
360 Games (I'll be getting mine back around then, since I just had to send it in)
Movies
Nothing big for me... an HDTV comes next summer at the earliest.

bread's done
Back