What do you snack on and/or drink when you play video games?

200STM

CAGiversary!
Hey CAGs we enjoy playing video games, sometimes do you find yourself getting hungry while playing Mass Effect 2 or Unreal Tournament, heck even when I am playing Nicktoons Racing on my PS1 I get in the mood for a light snack or something to quench my thirst. I am wondering if any of you have any snacks and drinks you enjoy while playing video games. I personally like to have a bag of sunchips original flavor bag of chips and a mountain dew code red bottle nearby while I play video games. What do you CAGs eat or drink while you play video games?

Any soda that's in my house presently and when I have all night gamefests I like to have beef jerky or mini pretzels. I like snacks that don't give off a lot of grease or crumbs and residue. There's nothing worse than a controller or keyboard caked in food.

Nothing. They lead to sticky or slippery controls. Go snack when it's time to take a 10 minute break. And then it can be pretty much anything as I'm not a picky eater.

Beer and vagina.

In all seriousness, I only drink when I play games. Ever since I was a little kid, I always hated it when my friends would eat chips while using my contollers. Always made the controllers all greasy. I think it's because of this that I never eat while gaming.

I drink way too heavily when I play. Any time there's even a seconds-length break in the action, I take a swig. Two hours of gaming and I'm almost through a twelver.

Energy drinks.. preferably red bull or Monster Import (but I'm trying to stay away from them these days). Pretzels if need be.. slim to none grease

[quote name='QiG']Energy drinks.. preferably red bull or Monster Import (but I'm trying to stay away from them these days). Pretzels if need be.. slim to none grease[/QUOTE]

Good call on the pretzels. I'm off to the store... because pretzels are great with beer, and are controller friendly.

I sometimes drink a beer, otherwise tea... Same with when I'm not gaming. I usually will switch to watch TV if I'm snacking. Sometimes, I'll snack on something that's not really greasy, like pocky or crackers.

It's not uncommon for me to have a pepsi nearby but I don't do a whole lot of eating while playing. If I do, it's stuff like twizzlers or mike & ikes.

Usually while I play I drink on some Crown & Coke or Jack & Coke or maybe a beer. If I'm eating while playing, although very rarely do I do that, it would be potato chips, usually a locally made chip named Sterzings.

[quote name='mission42']Usually while I play I drink on some Crown & Coke or Jack & Coke or maybe a beer. If I'm eating while playing, although very rarely do I do that, it would be potato chips, usually a locally made chip named Sterzings.[/QUOTE]

I used to drink tons of Jack and Cokes, but they taste like crap with Coke Zero. And I find Crown to be nasty.

[quote name='lordopus99']Only drinks and only if I am thirsty. If I am playing, I don't have time to munch on something.[/QUOTE]

I'll generally only munch if I'm playing something like an FPS online for hours, and then I can munch in the minute or two between matches.

[quote name='elessar123']I used to drink tons of Jack and Cokes, but they taste like crap with Coke Zero. And I find Crown to be nasty.[/QUOTE]

Why use Coke Zero then? I like Crown & Cokes for mixing usually and Jack for shots. I like the extra bite I get with my Jack, that way I know I did a shot. :D

Also for some reason I like Pepsi Throwback & Crown Royal as well, mixes with a bit of a smoother finish than the harsh carbonation coke can have sometimes. Just depends what mood I'm in I suppose.

[quote name='mission42']Why use Coke Zero then? I like Crown & Cokes for mixing usually and Jack for shots. I like the extra bite I get with my Jack, that way I know I did a shot. :D

Also for some reason I like Pepsi Throwback & Crown Royal as well, mixes with a bit of a smoother finish than the harsh carbonation coke can have sometimes. Just depends what mood I'm in I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I don't drink coke anymore. Every time I got a cavity in the last 15 years, it was during periods of drinking coke every day. One thing I noticed was that Pepsi drinkers typically liked crown, and Coke drinkers typically liked Jack. Of course, it's probably not true =P

beer/water i dont usually eat anything, maybe an apple, nothin greasy i suck enough as it is without the controller slipping around.

I don't eat when I game, and if I drink, it's what I drink normally (water.) Gaming isn't a very physically demanding activity, there's no need to eat or drink anything while doing it, so why would you?

[quote name='Invicta 61']P***y. And New Castle brown ale.[/QUOTE]

Ah... p***y does go well with a cold Newcastle. Then again, I believe it depends on the p***y. If it's trashy and from the woods, I prefer a lukewarm Schlitz. If it's from a cliche' punk/rockabilly/indy club/bar, I'd go with a PBR. If it's black, definitely some OE. Dirt hippy? Brooklyn Monster Ale.

Really... it's just like pairing wine with your dinner. It all depends on the dish.

[[[I don't eat when I game, and if I drink, it's what I drink normally (water.) Gaming isn't a very physically demanding activity, there's no need to eat or drink anything while doing it, so why would you? ]]]]]

you are obviously not a very SERIOUS gamer

Either water or milk, but then again usually have a glass of water in my room for whenever I get thirsty anyway. Don't eat anything either.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Either water or milk, but then again usually have a glass of water in my room for whenever I get thirsty anyway. Don't eat anything either.[/QUOTE]

Same. When I used to play MMOs, I ate and drank everything at my computer. I'm no longer that hardcore.

[quote name='ROB64']I don't eat when I game, and if I drink, it's what I drink normally (water.) Gaming isn't a very physically demanding activity, there's no need to eat or drink anything while doing it, so why would you?[/QUOTE]

Huh? I have plenty of days I do little more than sit around reading and writing for work and I still have to eat 3 meals and some snacks to stave off hunger--and I'm a very skinny guy!

If I'm playing say Black Ops from 9pm to 2 or 3 am like I do sometimes, I'm going to get hungry in the middle and need to munch on something between matches.

I'm usually not playing long enough that I would require sustenance. The act of sitting and using a controller doesnt exactly require a great deal of energy. Sometimes I have a glass of shiraz and some crackers but that's it.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I eat whatever I can find.[/QUOTE]

^This. I've never had a hobby specific snack food before in my life.

I'll drink beers or cocktails or some wine depending on the mood of the game. I don't eat while playing because I hate passive snacking and also want to keep the controllers clean.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']^This. I've never had a hobby specific snack food before in my life.[/QUOTE]

Well with gaming it's a bit more limited than general snacking as I don't want anything that will get my hands (and thus controllers) greasy etc. And it needs to be something easy to much on mindlessly, so that rules out standard snacks of mine like Carrots and hummus etc.

Whereas if I'm watching a movie of whatever I can eat anything.

[quote name='GhostShark']Jalapeno Kettle cooked chips. Mmmmm.[/QUOTE]

Why do everyone like these? I bought a bag, and they're decent. The Target Archer's Farm jalapeno ones are so much tastier.

[quote name='elessar123']Why do everyone like these? I bought a bag, and they're decent. The Target Archer's Farm jalapeno ones are so much tastier.[/QUOTE]

I love any kind of chip with Jalapeno, I just prefer those. Though, I haven't tried the Archer's Farm ones now. I'm going to Target later this week so that is now on my list.

[quote name='GhostShark']I love any kind of chip with Jalapeno, I just prefer those. Though, I haven't tried the Archer's Farm ones now. I'm going to Target later this week so that is now on my list.[/QUOTE]

Wait, did you mean the Lay's ones? I do love the Miss Vickie ones. I've found a lot of people liking the Lay's ones, but I for some reason, don't.

[quote name='elessar123']Wait, did you mean the Lay's ones? I do love the Miss Vickie ones. I've found a lot of people liking the Lay's ones, but I for some reason, don't.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Lay's ones. I tried the Miss Vickie ones before and found them good, but not as good as the Lay's.

[quote name='ROB64']Gaming isn't a very physically demanding activity...[/QUOTE]

Then you're doing it wrong!

But seriously, usually I'll have some Pepsi (or the cherry variant) and on a very rare occasion I'll eat potato chips or Gardettos (I think that's how it's spelled) whilst gaming. And yes I keep my controllers grime free, the residue goes on my t-shirt, that's what they're for, isn't it?! :D

OP, now that you've gotten me thinking about it, I realized I may have an odd habit. I tend to drink mixed drinks while playing PC games and eat tortilla chips. I drink white Russians when playing WoW, and rum & Coke for everything else. However, when I'm playing console games, I have a habit of drinking only beer, but I don't eat anything.

I now also have a craving for cheez-its and jalapeno potato chips.

whiskey and rum. on the rocks. makes multiplayer games more fun when i'm slightly tipsy. it's also the only time i get to drink and drive. ie forza

bread's done
Back