what do you think of jin?

anth0ny

CAGiversary!
my fellow jin tha mc has propelled himself to stardom with 7 weeks of domination in 106 and park. He is currently signed under the ruff ryders label. His album is expected to drop in july . He has a new single off his album called "I Gota Love". So any thoughts about this new song? I personally liked it a lot. I'm hooked to the chorus. I find myself singing it all the time.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/ddroulias/Jin-I_Gota_Love.mp3

Downloadin that song now. I liked 'Learn Chinese' and his flows on 106. But some of his stuff that came out between those two was kinda wack. I don't know if there's a market for him because at times he sounds too much like Eminem. However, most Asians that listen to hip hop will pick up his album and I bet it'll sell like hotcakes.

jin is tight but his freestyles are better than his first single "learn chinese" it didnt even make it on 106 and park(check his 93.5 freestyle and the track with drag-on) i dont think people are ready to accept an azn rapper unless they are azn, but if anyone wanna hear some tight azn rap download some thai or TRG(no town),and eminem is changing his voice now that he kicks it with all them niggas so u can tell the difference, jin's style is some pac and biggie mixed imo,and eminem is one of the best black rappers in the game haha

does anyone know what label backland boy signed to?

oh yea and jin made a good choice of signing with double R cuz they are one of the best right now, more quality rappers than rockafella

i don't like jin all too much.
then again, i'm not a type of guy who listens to rap.
congratulations on your first post ant,
cookie.jpg

Jin is nothing special at all. his lyrics are gimmicky and not very impressive.

his strength lies in his delivery, but that's it (hence why his freestyles are overrated). so far it hasnt been enough to make a song that I actually enjoyed.

I gotta Love is a good song, but not coz of Jin. Kanye West is tight, he's the reason why that song is good. great beat + great delivery = good song, as long as I let the words bounce off my haed.

Yeah, I was feelin' Jin during his time on 106. But I wasn't too big on "Learn Chinese" and listening to "I Gotta Love" I don't about this cat anymore. He showed promise with his freestyles but sounds like any other rapper in his singles. For some reason rappers always sound better in than freestyles anyway. I think these cats shouldn't even write anymore, just make an entire album freestyling. Rap is watered-down anyway these days, thank heavens for Kanye for saving what is left of it.

I think Jin plainly sucks. He's in way over his head and I hadn't even begun to hear about him until when his MTV Music Video "Learn Chinese" got a vague mention. He is the biggest Eminem wanna be in the entire world and he thinks he's the shit, but really he's not. I mean, wanting to challenge Em to a freestyle? Come on bitch. Chinese people are OK and all, but he should stick to acting. And inserting random ladies into his vid to make him more popular is completely shallow and bogus. At least Em is all about the music, Learn Chinese has to be one of the most retarded songs I've ever heard in my life. In fact Jin, I'll NEVER learn Chinese. He's ridiculous. I hope that his career fizzles down so far that he'll be crying in his grave because he's so fucking cocky.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Chinese people are OK and all, but he should stick to acting.[/quote]

I don't quite get that sentence. How do Chinese people in general or acting have to do with a rapper that uses the fact that he's Chinese as a gimmick for his music? I totally agree that "Learn Chinese" is pretty dumb. I also agree that Eminem is much better, but I'm not exactly a big rap listener. (BTW, I'm basing these thoughts on "Learn Chinese", since it's the only thing I've heard from him. Maybe I should actually listen to the song in the post... but that first post is such an ad. :p)

I like Jin's music, sorry that I don't feel the same way as everyone else but I think his lyrics are good. They may not have some deep meaning to his life, but they are entertaining. And yes I do listen to hip-hop, if there's any one I'm gettin sick of listening to it's lil jon. YEEEAAAAHHH!!

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']I think Jin plainly sucks. He's in way over his head and I hadn't even begun to hear about him until when his MTV Music Video "Learn Chinese" got a vague mention. He is the biggest Eminem wanna be in the entire world and he thinks he's the shit, but really he's not. I mean, wanting to challenge Em to a freestyle? Come on bitch. Chinese people are OK and all, but he should stick to acting. And inserting random ladies into his vid to make him more popular is completely shallow and bogus. At least Em is all about the music, Learn Chinese has to be one of the most retarded songs I've ever heard in my life. In fact Jin, I'll NEVER learn Chinese. He's ridiculous. I hope that his career fizzles down so far that he'll be crying in his grave because he's so fucking cocky.[/quote]
WWHHAAT??!
okay, please elaborate your statement on jin thinking hes the shit and challenging eminem to a freestyle.....has he even mentioned about wanting to challenge him?

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']I think Jin plainly sucks. He's in way over his head and I hadn't even begun to hear about him until when his MTV Music Video "Learn Chinese" got a vague mention. He is the biggest Eminem wanna be in the entire world and he thinks he's the shit, but really he's not. I mean, wanting to challenge Em to a freestyle? Come on bitch. Chinese people are OK and all, but he should stick to acting. And inserting random ladies into his vid to make him more popular is completely shallow and bogus. At least Em is all about the music, Learn Chinese has to be one of the most retarded songs I've ever heard in my life. In fact Jin, I'll NEVER learn Chinese. He's ridiculous. I hope that his career fizzles down so far that he'll be crying in his grave because he's so fucking cocky.[/quote]

Since when is he an actor? I think you have him confused with another Chinese guy. He's obviously not mainstream or rock, so he may be lost on some people. Yet I don't think anyone deserves to be crying in their grave... if dead people could cry that is. =/

And besides how cocky is he, I mean he makes himself available on AIM for people to talk to and tries to be accessible to everyone. I remember on 106 he was talking about wanting to help his sister out. He's not an Eminem wannabe, hes not even the best rapper I've heard, but hes definitely a good guy.

Since when is he an actor? I think you have him confused with another Chinese guy. He's obviously not mainstream or rock, so he may be lost on some people. Yet I don't think anyone deserves to be crying in their grave... if dead people could cry that is. =/

And besides how cocky is he, I mean he makes himself available on AIM for people to talk to and tries to be accessible to everyone. I remember on 106 he was talking about wanting to help his sister out. He's not an Eminem wannabe, hes not even the best rapper I've heard, but hes definitely a good guy.
^word, agree with your second paragraph, cant sum it better myself;
i think he meant the role he played in "2 fast 2 furious" as the mechanic [/quote]

Em has tremendous skill, and Jin is no exception either but bringing up race as a factor as to why Jin sucks is just plain stupid. Chinese people are OK and all? What kind of idiotic nonsense is that? I guess coming from a 14 year old her mental capacity is still limited. And please, Jin is no wannabe Em. He has a totally different style compared Em, if you actually understand emceeing and not rapping.

u guys should download some of his freestyles and songs...some are:backdown freestyle, i loved you, dairy of jin, candy bars f. drag-on(idk if thats what its called),8 mile freestyle, go 2 sleep freestyle...then after u guys download them then judge him, and if u guys dont listen 2 rap u shouldnt put in ur 2¢, and jin is conceited in his songs if thats anything new since every rapper is basically like that,and learn chinese is one of his worst songs i dont think wyclef should collab with him anymore, and he aint an eminem clone period, they dont even have the same style, also eminem is one of the best rappers out now even was #3 on top rappers under pac and biggie,he should be #2 though cuz em is gonna be the white pac, even though the outlawz dont like him

other azn rappers
thai songs: searchin, one life for me,around my town(

If I remember correctly, Hikaru Utada does some nice hip hop but shame that here audience is mostly focused in Japan/Asia despite that she was born and raised in New York. She will have her English album out by May (in Western markets) and she is going under as UTADA.

[quote name='Matarick']If I remember correctly, Hikaru Utada does some nice hip hop but shame that here audience is mostly focused in Japan/Asia despite that she was born and raised in New York. She will have her English album out by May (in Western markets) and she is going under as UTADA.[/quote]

Oh yeah. I love Utada. I have most of her albums and downloaded most her videos. My favorite is Automatic. She doesn't really do hip hop per se, even though she did do one song with Foxy Brown. *drools*

arg. i knew i shouldnt of downloaded it. no offense, but imo, i hated that. i couldnt even finish the song. but i dont like rap (except MC Chris), so this was to be expected.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']utada > jin

anyday.[/quote]

you dont compare 2 completely different artists together...

I didn't realize what the hell was going on with your pic at first, anth0ny, but I must say that is pretty funny. :D

Oh yeah, what did I want to say again? Utada and Jin might be different types of artists, but I would take Utada any day just because she is definitely one of the cutest girls I've seen with a voice to match. I'd take her over Jessica Simpson too. Well maybe not, I'd take them both hehe.

why can't i compare 2 artists? even if their music is different. i don't care what you think, i'm simply saying i enjoy the musical stylings of utada much better than that of this rapper named jin. probably because i have no idea what shes saying, which is good, because if she sang in english, it'd probably have some idiotic title, like "Learn Chinese" or something along those lines.

-edit-
oh, and you're sig was funny the first couple of times, but now its just disturbing. i know, i know, mine is too, but at least it doesn't have any kind of sexual content, innuendo-ly or not.

to anth0ny --

while they played his music video, they had some fun fact scrolling underneath him and it said "So who does Jin want to battle freestyle next? --- Eminem." If you watched the premiere or whatever you would know that so I know what I'm talking about. Yes he is most definitely an Eminem wannabe because Eminem started out as a freestyle rapper as well and what does Jin want? To become big and famous like Em. Chinese has nothing to do with it. Besides the fact of his annoying ass song "ya'll gonna learn chinese". I merely stated that fact because I was pointing out that i was NOT racist, and that him being chinese had nothing to do with it. So again I stick to my case that I said before. Jin sucks, and is a huge Em poser. Or at least tries to be. And maybe he can't cry in his grave, but I hope that if he actually DOES battle Em the man, Eminem will slam his ass down so bad that he won't ever rap again. Jin's just so damn cocky. Who does he think he is, just barely getting introduced to the spotlight and then wanting to battle one of the best rappers ever??

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']to anth0ny --

while they played his music video, they had some fun fact scrolling underneath him and it said "So who does Jin want to battle freestyle next? --- Eminem." If you watched the premiere or whatever you would know that so I know what I'm talking about. Yes he is most definitely an Eminem wannabe because Eminem started out as a freestyle rapper as well and what does Jin want? To become big and famous like Em. Chinese has nothing to do with it. Besides the fact of his annoying ass song "ya'll gonna learn chinese". I merely stated that fact because I was pointing out that i was NOT racist, and that him being chinese had nothing to do with it. So again I stick to my case that I said before. Jin sucks, and is a huge Em poser. Or at least tries to be. And maybe he can't cry in his grave, but I hope that if he actually DOES battle Em the man, Eminem will slam his ass down so bad that he won't ever rap again. Jin's just so damn cocky. Who does he think he is, just barely getting introduced to the spotlight and then wanting to battle one of the best rappers ever??[/quote]

yep yep, quite cocky he is, probably because he thinks he is the first asian rapper to "make" it. probably is, but still.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']to anth0ny --

while they played his music video, they had some fun fact scrolling underneath him and it said "So who does Jin want to battle freestyle next? --- Eminem." If you watched the premiere or whatever you would know that so I know what I'm talking about. Yes he is most definitely an Eminem wannabe because Eminem started out as a freestyle rapper as well and what does Jin want? To become big and famous like Em. Chinese has nothing to do with it. Besides the fact of his annoying ass song "ya'll gonna learn chinese". I merely stated that fact because I was pointing out that i was NOT racist, and that him being chinese had nothing to do with it. So again I stick to my case that I said before. Jin sucks, and is a huge Em poser. Or at least tries to be. And maybe he can't cry in his grave, but I hope that if he actually DOES battle Em the man, Eminem will slam his ass down so bad that he won't ever rap again. Jin's just so damn cocky. Who does he think he is, just barely getting introduced to the spotlight and then wanting to battle one of the best rappers ever??[/quote]

You keep complaining about people judging you yet you're judging my homeboy Jin. A freestyle battle isn't like a fight to the death. Its like saying you want to play somebody in Halo or something, just to see how you'd do against them. And since when did Em become one of the best rappers ever? What? Did someone say that he's the first whiteboy rapper to be marketed to the mainstream (not counting Vanilla Ice)? Must be hearing things.

And cocky? Cocky is saying you want to kill your wife in your songs, and then saying that you'll provide a good atmosphere for your daughter. Cocky is dressing up as Bin Laden in a music video. I should say more but I think I've said enough already.

^ i wasn't the one who dragged this to this thread, so it's not my fault. I was stating my opinion. don't bring up references with my argument that are invalid.

If anyone has kazaa and wants to listen to some real shit download this song if you can find it
Unknown Prophets - The Wrong Route

Em set the standard for worldwide controversy. He's been the frequently most complained about and petitioned against the all loving people of america. But does that stop him from making music? No.

When em says that he wants to kill his wife, he tells the people he's just joking. he does it on purpose to shock listeners, because he wants to set himself out from the crowd, which is what makes him different, which is what makes him special, which is what makes him, yes, IMO and many others, one of THE best rappers of all time. And he will continue to grow in his fame until he retires. Just because his wife cheated on him and he got angry, doesn't mean that he can't provide a good atmosphere for his daughter.

Jin is an Em wanna be. Again, he has got some big balls in order to challenge Em on his first shine in the spotlight. It would be a lot more sensible for him to train up and get better, because he's got some damn work to do before he can battle Emmy, even on the same level. Freestyle battles aren't death-fights, never said they were. But they are important in a free-style originating rapper, like Eminem. Ever seen 8 mile?

I've been sitting here trying to think of what to say, and I had many thoughts, but the one I'm going with is this: that you are probably such an Eminem fangirl groupie that no matter what I said you would reply 'OMG EG EM is God! lol' more or less. At the risk of drawing this thread out , I just wrote a list to keep things short.

1) Do you know what freestyling is? It definitely is not 8-Mile, which is a fictitious - not true movie -not about Eminem, which is a movie that is rehearsed and anything but freeform.

2) You try singing a song in school about murdering someone! You tell me how that turns out. You should mention that you were just joking, so you don't get into any trouble. In other words, especially these days even joking about something like that... is inherently seen as wrong.

3) Tell me something EM has done in his lifetime to set the standard for worldwide controversy, and I'll tell you what Michael Jackson's done in one night.

4) If I'm not mistaken, Eminem was put to trial and was almost put in jail. Apparently, just getting angry because you're wife cheated on you and starting a fight over it is considered a crime these days? And that would be a deciding factor in a custody battle?

5) I doubt you listen to any other 'rap' besides what's playing on the pop radio station and MTV, yet there is more to hip hop than that mess.

6)I respect Em and his music. He's good but he's hardly one of the best of all time. It'll be impossible to convince you otherwise, and impossible to convince me that he is.

Eminem is cool I admit it, I don't hate. And I'm not up on Jin like some crazy fanboy. I'm familiar with their music. But save what's on MTV I bet, you haven't heard or seen much of Jin.

He's not the best, I admit it. But from old tapes of his competitions I've seen hes pretty damn good at his flow.

EM? I've heard all his freestyles on Hot97. Again, good, but not the best. He didn't rhyme for 10 minutes straight on air, like Jin did. Eminem flowed for 2 minutes at the most and then was quiet for most of the times he was on the radio. Keep on mind that was live.

7) If I said I was interested in what you response to this, I'd be lying. I'm just going to end this right now saying that you don't know enough about Jin or heard enough of his material to make a valid viewpoint on whether he needs training enough.

8. Maybe its because of race maybe partly because you are too infatuated with Em, but you are biased. Again (whoops ignore that) you judge things without even clicking the link, reading the post entirely etc etc.

In short, I like Jin and Eminem's music. I'm not such a big fan of either one of them, but I definitely have respect for Jin and his skills, and what he's trying to do for Asians. You bash Jin without knowing him, exactly the way you were. It is called irony.

bread's done
Back