What does GCN stand for?

If I remember right, it was really just the acronym Nintendo itself used for the cube before & after it came out, so publications just picked it up and starting using it. Much like PSX for the original playstation and so on.

As previously mentioned, it was intentionally done by Nintendo to avoid confusion over all of the various Neo Geo systems that already used NG in their abbreviations.

[quote name='Tespo125']What the hell does it stand for? I'm assuming Gamcube Nintendo? But why don't they just say NGC??[/quote]

Gamecube Nintendo

Alright, now my turn: what the hell is that thing in your avatar?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']If I remember right, it was really just the acronym Nintendo itself used for the cube before & after it came out, so publications just picked it up and starting using it. Much like PSX for the original playstation and so on.[/quote]

Didn't Sony call the modified PS2 with dvr functionality PSX as well?

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']If I remember right, it was really just the acronym Nintendo itself used for the cube before & after it came out, so publications just picked it up and starting using it. Much like PSX for the original playstation and so on.[/quote]

Didn't Sony call the modified PS2 with dvr functionality PSX as well?[/quote]

Indeed they did... Some thought it would be a little confusing at first, but it probably wouldn't have been that confusing though (if it really succeeded) given the age of the original playstation.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='Tespo125']What the hell does it stand for? I'm assuming Gamcube Nintendo? But why don't they just say NGC??[/quote]

Gamecube Nintendo

Alright, now my turn: what the hell is that thing in your avatar?[/quote]

it's a naked green llama. I think. You know like those naked mole rats except for green... and llama-ish.

If I recall correctly, it was because the acronym was already trademarked by some company or organization that escapes me at the moment. I'm almost certain it had nothing to do with Neo Geo.

bread's done
Back