What does the EB Edge card do?

dd_mcdoodle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
I know I am going to sound stupid for asking this, but what exactly does the EB Edge card do? Does it give you a discount or anything? I just realized that I have one and do not know what it does. Thanks.

10% off used games, extra 10% trade-in credit on games you trade in. Also when EB has in-store sales, you can usually get an extra bit off. Not long ago they had a sale on used games and the card gave you an extra 5%-10% off.

[quote name='red flare graf']How do you go about getting one, anyway?[/quote]
You have to pay $10 to get 10 issues of GMR and the card I think.

You only get the 10% discount if you have a yellow bar-coded sticker on the back of the card. That shows you paid the $10. They use those cards to store trade-in credit also.

Funny, I thought the card leached energy from its owner’s soul, and then when it has gained enough power it opens a portal to hell. Upon which demons emerge, grabbing the owner of the card by the ankles and shaking them rapidly until all wallets and loose change have fallen out -which they take before returning to the portal and leaving you with a receipt.

[quote name='RisingZan']Funny, I thought the card leached energy from its owner’s soul, and then when it has gained enough power it opens a portal to hell. Upon which demons emerge, grabbing the owner of the card by the ankles and shaking them rapidly until all wallets and loose change have fallen out -which they take before returning to the portal and leaving you with a receipt.[/quote]They do several things including that. :)

[quote name='RisingZan']Funny, I thought the card leached energy from its owner’s soul, and then when it has gained enough power it opens a portal to hell. Upon which demons emerge, grabbing the owner of the card by the ankles and shaking them rapidly until all wallets and loose change have fallen out -which they take before returning to the portal and leaving you with a receipt.[/quote]

This explains a lot.

Just following up logically, you would need to spend over $100 in used games at EB to make this card worth it, since you're already spending $10 for the card itself...

Yeah its 10% off and when they run that sale with like buy 2 games get 10% off and 3 get 20% off then you get an extra 10% off I think thats how there only sale works.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Just following up logically, you would need to spend over $100 in used games at EB to make this card worth it, since you're already spending $10 for the card itself...[/quote]

Not quite. Remember you also get the GMR subscription, plus an extra 10% trade-in credit. They also usually give you an extra percentage off during specials, as I posted above. With the buy 2/3/4 sale, you could make the card pay for itself with $30-$40 in used games. And that's dollar value, not dollars spent.

Last time I was in EB, I spent about $65 and walked out with 8 or 9 games. Savings was $7 and change.

However, if you have no real interest in the mag, never trade in games, and don't like to buy used, the card is worthless.

They were having a sale in may. Buy 2 games get 20 percent off, buy 3 get 30 percent off, buy 4 get 40 percent off at my local store, but I didn't take advantage of that. I just bought my xbox at the time and didn't have much money left.

The card also stores your store credit. I traded a couple games in there durign their trade 3, get $10 more and they gave it to me on a EB edge card. It has to have a value sticker on the back for the discousts to apply.

Personally I use my gamestop card much much more(like probably close to 500 dollars more)

I let my EB card run out and stole my friends!!!

bread's done
Back