What else do you guys collect or spend your money on?

Pootie Thang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
For me, it would have to be shoes and Nike Swingman Jerseys. They are simply the best.
To see my shoes and jerseys go to the link below. There are also an old picture of my game collection. I used to have around 100 games but I'm down to like 30 total now. I decided that I wanted to sell the ones I didn't want anymore on EBAY.
Each of those Jerseys sell for $75 w/ Tax. And the shoes that I have range from $100-$200. The newest pair of shoes that I got are the Jordan XII Nubucks which were $200 (They sell for over $250 on EBAY). And the average price of my shoes are around $146 per shoe.

Well let me know what you think of my jerseys and shoes.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/backnsyncboy/

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']$140 on shoes? Didn't your mommy teach you how to spend your money wisely?[/quote]

Did you even take a look at the shoes? They are awesome. Some people collect DVD's or Videogames but I collect Shoes and Jerseys.

Well not that it is even the point, but those shoes look retarded. It looks like shoes your grandfather would wear after he is so ridden with arthritis that he can no longer tie his shoes.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Well not that it is even the point, but those shoes look retarded. It looks like shoes your grandfather would wear after he is so ridden with arthritis that he can no longer tie his shoes.[/quote]

They're court shoes... they're made to perform when playing basketball. Anyways I wear them around just because they look awesome you hater. You because you don't have shoes like those.

Wow all that money on stuff u are going to grow out of or lose intrest in.Just wow it amazes me.But keep doin what make u happy man.Its your money, spend it how ever you wanna.

[quote name='Stu_sjb137']Wow all that money on stuff u are going to grow out of or lose intrest in.Just wow it amazes me.But keep doin what make u happy man.Its your money, spend it how ever you wanna.[/quote]

Actually I can make a lot of money back by selling them in the future. The Jordan 1's from like 1987 are selling like crazy. Prices even go past $300 on ebay.

I don't think anyone would want to buy shoes that were on your stank feet for $300. Considering Nike produces a hell of a lot more shoes than they did in 1987 I don't think these generation shoes are going to go for nearly that much.

Oh yeah.. and Nene? You must be kidding me. At least get a Carmelo jersey, Nene's wack especially for changing his name to that

I guess Cd's to.I purchase 1-2 every paycheck.I tend to get ones that are new release as it's easy to find them with a 10$ price tag.

I like to buy alot of different things like movies,cds,books,electronics etc. but I couldn't justify spending $100+ on SHOES! That's like those people that spend $100 on a pair of jeans or a shirt. I love my hobbies but I tend to be very budget minded when I purchase things.

You really resell your stank shoes? Isn't that kinda like selling used undies? Just curious.... :whistle2:s

I used to collect a bunch of things back in the day like coins (when I was about 8-10, weird, huh?), and then basketball cards later in my pre-teens. Nothing now, although I still have the coins lying around somewhere, and chances are there's a grand or so worth of ancient coins there, so I don't know what I'm doing...

In fact, an uncle of mine found a big treasure chest in Ukraine which contained some pretty sweet stuff like ancient coins, and figurines.

I got some of those coins, including these two small bronze figurines, which for their age are very nicely carved (one of a bearded man (possibly a czar), another of a woman who I'm assuming was a queen.

And the ironic thing is, I haven't even bothered to check it's value anywhere, which come to think of it, I really should get around to doing.

EDIT: Oh, and I used to collect pokemon cards back when they were a fad (in 5th and 6th grade). *shrugs at the thought*

[quote name='Pootie Thang']For me, it would have to be shoes and Nike Swingman Jerseys. They are simply the best.
To see my shoes and jerseys go to the link below. There are also an old picture of my game collection. I used to have around 100 games but I'm down to like 30 total now. I decided that I wanted to sell the ones I didn't want anymore on EBAY.
Each of those Jerseys sell for $75 w/ Tax. And the shoes that I have range from $100-$200. The newest pair of shoes that I got are the Jordan XII Nubucks which were $200 (They sell for over $250 on EBAY). And the average price of my shoes are around $146 per shoe.

Well let me know what you think of my jerseys and shoes.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/backnsyncboy/[/quote]

the jerseys are understandable, but the shoes. Are you sure you belong on cheapassgamer, you might want to go to bigballin.com/forums(dont know if dat exsits)

But come on, do you need that many shoes, get 1 or 2 pairs of some 70-80 shoes.

[quote name='Sn0brawler']Those adidas running shoes are awesome.[/quote]

Yes they are. I bought a pair of the ClimaCool's when they first came out, $100. I haven't spent that much on shoes in years, and haven't since then. But those adidas are worth it.

currently i spend most of money on video games (obviously), dvds and cds. i like books, but i tend not to buy as many.

for awhile i was collecting the simpsons action figures (the newer ones, not the old ones from around 1990) and other things simpsons, but i had to come to terms with the fact that i will never be able to get everything. the only other things i have ever really collected are G.I. Joes and Ninja Turtles (these are the ones from 1990ish) and pogs. pogs ruled, by the way.

on the topic of shoes, spending that much on just one pair is nuts. the shoes i wear the most are at least 5 years old, but they're great. they are adidas, and i have learned that they make quality shoes. but even then they were only about $50 shoes. about two months ago i bought two (yes two) different pairs of shoes, both adidas, for about $30 dollars total. they aren't ugly basketball shoes either. my point to all this? i guess it's that you can get nice shoes that are inexpensive, too. and pogs ruled.

DVDs (not really collecting, just buy what I want to see/missed from theatres), some books (George R R Martin), that's about it.

Ive spent about 600 on my collection of anime cels, and about 1000 on my action figure collection. Collecting shoes is as just as valid as collecting paper baseball cards. I don't mean this as offensive or anything, but women do it.

Generally though It is somewhat of an investment, I bought a 1984 stormshadow on card for 170 in 2001 and needed cash the next year, and sold it on ebay (where i got it from) for 285.

If you really wanna see some crazy collection of things, look at the pictures in this forum.

Many of the figures here go for 25+ a piece.

http://www.joesightings.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001385

I guess I have a need to balance out my addiction to technology, because I collect vinyl (LPs) like crazy. Best...format...ever.

[quote name='paean']DVDs (not really collecting, just buy what I want to see/missed from theatres), some books (George R R Martin), that's about it.[/quote]

Yeah I forgot to add George R. R. Martin to my list, can't wait til A Feast For Crows comes out. I also used to collect CD's.

[quote name='cruster']I guess I have a need to balance out my addiction to technology, because I collect vinyl (LPs) like crazy. Best...format...ever.[/quote]

You said it. Before I started buying all these games (thanks CAG) I used to collect mad records, diggin' in the crates style to find those rare, crazy breaks and samples used by producers.

Beer.... lots of beer, you'd be hard pressed to find a nationally distributed beer that I haven't tasted, and I like getting some of the micro brews and the like.

I'm also big on going to events, baseball and hockey games along with WWE events. I also hit the Game Developers' Conference and E3 each year.

And of course, I buy jerseys as well, except only of one player, Kansas City Royals, #29, but I normally pick them up off of egay, because I really can't see spending more than $50 or so for one.

[quote name='Theenternal']Ive spent about 600 on my collection of anime cels, and about 1000 on my action figure collection. Collecting shoes is as just as valid as collecting paper baseball cards. I don't mean this as offensive or anything, but women do it.

Generally though It is somewhat of an investment, I bought a 1984 stormshadow on card for 170 in 2001 and needed cash the next year, and sold it on ebay (where i got it from) for 285.

If you really wanna see some crazy collection of things, look at the pictures in this forum.

http://www.joesightings.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001385[/quote]

Some of.. not most. On top of that, a bunch of those came from the new Cobra Infantry packs, which have 6 Cobra Soldiers for 20. There are also 6 packs of the B.A.T.S... and if you're good at repairing the O-rings, you can sometimes buy bulk viper parts cheap on Ebay.

[quote name='BigDirty']Beer.... lots of beer, you'd be hard pressed to find a nationally distributed beer that I haven't tasted, and I like getting some of the micro brews and the like.

I'm also big on going to events, baseball and hockey games along with WWE events. I also hit the Game Developers' Conference and E3 each year.

And of course, I buy jerseys as well, except only of one player, Kansas City Royals, #29, but I normally pick them up off of egay, because I really can't see spending more than $50 or so for one.[/quote]

Dirty....you going to Wrestlemania at MSG?

[quote name='optimusprime'][quote name='BigDirty']Beer.... lots of beer, you'd be hard pressed to find a nationally distributed beer that I haven't tasted, and I like getting some of the micro brews and the like.

And of course, I buy jerseys as well, except only of one player, Kansas City Royals, #29, but I normally pick them up off of egay, because I really can't see spending more than $50 or so for one.[/quote]

Dirty....you going to Wrestlemania at MSG?[/quote]
In 13 days...... damn skippy, section 407, row B, and those seats still cost me a bundle, buying them from ticketmonster. Was also at the Royal Rumble this year as well......

I had a chance to get tix from my buddy in Queens, but passed it up (i'm regretting it now, because it looks like it will be a pretty good card). I went to the one in Toronto a couple of years ago, and the one in Philly a couple years before that. Always a good time.

I don't resell the shoes that I have worn, just the ones I haven't worn like the Jordan XII Nubucks. If you search it on Ebay right now they're going for like $250 already and I only bought them for $200.

I usually buy football and basketball cards, but not as much as I used to. I also buy jerseys and shoes, but I just buy those about once a year or so.

[quote name='Theenternal']Ive spent about 600 on my collection of anime cels, and about 1000 on my action figure collection. Collecting shoes is as just as valid as collecting paper baseball cards. I don't mean this as offensive or anything, but women do it.

http://www.joesightings.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001385[/quote]

thats is a man who loves his GI JOE.

I wish I could have an awesome collection like that

Aside from videogames I usually spend my money on Drums and Paintball equipment.

Oh, and I have $200 shoes too. People will never appreciate them untill they've worn them.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Theenternal']Ive spent about 600 on my collection of anime cels, and about 1000 on my action figure collection. Collecting shoes is as just as valid as collecting paper baseball cards. I don't mean this as offensive or anything, but women do it.

thats is a man who loves his GI JOE.

I wish I could have an awesome collection like that[/quote]

So do I, but I can't stay so constrained to GI JOE like that guy did...
As it is, I have about 3 bookshelves filled with a toy collection...
1 is full of transformers, the other is Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, and other 80's toylines, and the last is G.I. Joe.
(I also have Videogame figures, but those are on the same shelves as my games and consoles.)

i collect games and b-movies (tapes or dvds, dosent matter) my mst3k collection is around 150 eps

mega nerdage going on!

[quote name='MikeBosak']Oh, and I have $200 shoes too. People will never appreciate them untill they've worn them.[/quote]

I think I could understand that. The most expensive pair I've every bought ($80) were coincidentally the most comfortable. I wouldnt expect anything thing else.

i collect dvds, mainly boxed sets of...whatever.
used to do the whole coins thing, now i just have a jar of foreign currency that i can't do anything with.
also did the whole comic book thing for something like 5 years, still have a few hundred books sitting in my attic somewhere...

elementary-jr. high i collected baseball cards and other sports cards. jr. high-high school i collected comics. college i collected action figures. working world i collect videogames, dvds, and a few toys here and there. as for brand loyalty in shoes/clothes, i tend to get a lot of adidas stuff. i actually have 2 pairs of those adidas climacool2 (the all blue one and a silver/blue-green one). many of my shirts are also adidas. i even buy adidas deodorant and adidas face wash. so i guess you could kind of say i collect adidas? either that or i'm just an adidas aficionado. or just some poor sap that's fallen hard for their marketing. =T

I like collecting video games, but my big collecting passion is Star Wars. Yes, yes, I'm a big Star Wars geek, I admit, though not as bad as some. I collect figures mostly. I've been recently collecting the Unleashed line. I have a couple that are hard to find, including the original Darth Vader Unleashed (with the Empire Strikes Back base) and Slave Girl Leia (ooh la la :lol: )

I collect games. Don't have much time for playing them. So I really just collect them now. Right now I just save my money so I can go out with my friends on weekends. Yep, no collections for me. I learned my lesson with Pokemon Cards.

bread's done
Back