What ever happen to that Keanu Reeves movie?

dudecool320

CAGiversary!
What ever happen to that movie with Keanu Reeves that was shot live action then animated? Anyone know what I'm talking about? It's a Warner Brothers movie.:booty:

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I remember they did some animated/live action in the Lord of The Rings cartoon. It just turned out to look really strange, IMO.[/QUOTE]
Ya, rotoscoping, it bothers my brain a bit too, just like the CGI with motion capture in Final Fantasy: Spirts Within.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I remember they did some animated/live action in the Lord of The Rings cartoon. It just turned out to look really strange, IMO.[/QUOTE]
It's called rotoscoping. It involves doing scenes in live-action, and them basically literally painting over the live-action frame, on an animation cell. Quite a few animated movies from the 70s and 80s used the technique, including most Ralph Bakshi movies.

I'm looking forward to this since I'm a big fan of Phillip K. Dick. I'm not sure how well the book would adapt to the big screen but I'm cautiously optimistic. The trailer looked good enough and I recognized a few scenes from the book.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It's called rotoscoping. It involves doing scenes in live-action, and them basically literally painting over the live-action frame, on an animation cell. Quite a few animated movies from the 70s and 80s used the technique, including most Ralph Bakshi movies.[/QUOTE]
kek, u looked at the wiki too?

[quote name='guardian_owl']Ya, rotoscoping, it bothers my brain a bit too, just like the CGI with motion capture in Final Fantasy: Spirts Within.[/QUOTE]
Oh, and the CGI in Polar Bear Express, those kids are just so damn creepy...moving lifelike, but appearing lifeless.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Oh, and the CGI in Polar Bear Express, those kids are just so damn creepy...moving lifelike, but appearing lifeless.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean Polar Express... And an odd tidbit, but the motion capture actors were mostly adults using oversized props.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I think you mean Polar Express... And an odd tidbit, but the motion capture actors were mostly adults using oversized props.[/QUOTE]
Yep, brain fart on my part

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']kek, u looked at the wiki too?[/QUOTE]
Nope. I've been a fan of Ralph Bakshi ever since I saw Wizards as a child, and it's sort of hard to be a Ralph Bakshi fan without knowing what rotoscoping is.

[quote name='hcamacho']what the ........

another do androids dream of electric sheep author novel to movie adapatation, got to see that!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Phillip K Dick and don't get your hopes up too high, remember Screamers and Paycheck were based on his work.;)

[quote name='zionoverfire']Phillip K Dick and don't get your hopes up too high, remember Screamers and Paycheck were based on his work.;)[/QUOTE]

yes, philip k. dick, and my hopes arent high, cause since the best movie to novel adaptation, was do androids dream of electric sheep, blade runner, still its a masterpiece movie!!!!!!

I liked the look of that movie from that trailer. Only because it looks different. I don't think I would want to see more movies like that. But its different enough that if nothing else was playing at my theater I would go check it out.

bread's done
Back