What famous people have you met?

I met John Ritten in line at Six Flags when I lived in Texas as a kid.

Since moving to Florida ...

Dennis Rodman (Aventura Mall .. pretty cool guy to talk to)
The Rock (Had an account at my investment firm)
Jennifer Anniston and Owen Wilson (Met while they were filming Marley and Me outside my office)
Bruce Campbell and the rest of the Burn Notice crew (They film around here all the time and are very open to people stopping by and having a chat after the sessions.)

Slug (of Atmosphere)
Queens of the Stone Age
Kanye West
Del Tha Funkee Homosapian
Banksy
Gilbert Melendez
Dan Henderson
King Mo
Babalu

[quote name='Invicta 61']James Doohan (autograph)
Reggie Miller
Jim Davis
Annie Danielewski (singer - Poe)

Only one I went specifically to meet was James, the rest I met at random in public.[/QUOTE]

Forgot to mention that I ran into Reggie twice. First time was back in 1994 at the Electronics Botique in the Castleton Mall. He was buying Super Street Fighter II.

Second time he was shopping at Meijer just a few hours after I watched him play the Raptors.

i dont think this counts as meeting but i saw wayne brady walk past me at the hollywood walk of fame once :O

I'm feeling like I'm still in the lead, or damn close to the front of the pack with my list, if for no other reason than the variety:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar (jerk)
Bob Costas
Steven Jackson (Pro Bowl running back)
Damon Stoudemire
Nate Dogg
Kurupt (almost got shot by his manager)
De La Soul
Warren G-INCREDIBLY nice
Rahzel
Stanford Bball Coach and former NBA Player Johnny Dawkins
Common
Cliffy B
Peter Molyneux
PMOTY Jodi-Ann Paterson (aired alongside her in student media)
Nick Barnett-Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packer MLB-Good friends with him

Tech N9ne. He's from around here though. Got his autograph on said cd's.

I really hope to meet Takeshi Kitano someday. I think I'll totally freak if I do. I think he's a great actor. Also I'd like to meet Yoon Mirae aka Tasha aka Gemini, Tiger JK from Drunken Tiger. I'd kinda like to meet Kiyoshi Kurosawa to compliment him on "Pulse" and the Pang Brothers for "Eye"(I'd beg them to put it on Blu-ray already). ;-)

I'm jealous. I've never really met any celebrities before.

Scottie Pippen gave a talk at my Junior High, but I wouldn't consider that meeting him.

When I was little I met either Jackie Joyner-Kersee or Flo Jo (I can't remember which one) at some local park district thing. I was too young to really remember.

This last one really doesn't count at all, but maybe someone could help me out. A few days ago the wife and I were staying at the Ramada Inn in Bettendorf, Iowa while visiting some family for Easter (sort of). Parked outside the back of the hotel was this huge tour bus. Someone famous must have been staying there, but I haven't the foggiest idea who. Anyone know how to figure that out?

I have a weird celebrity related story. My wife (then girlfriend) and I were driving a friend of hers home from college for winter break since he lived in the same town she did. We were driving along when he gets a phone call from his mom. Things started out normal enough. They were having the sort of conversation you'd expect a son to have with his mother, but then his voice sort of changed. The conversation became sort of awkward and stilted. After a few minutes he hangs up the phone and says, "I was just on the phone with Richard Simmons." It turns out his mom was seated next to Richard Simmons while on a flight home from a business trip.

I have to ask. How are all of you meeting these random celebrities?

the first celebrities I had met were the kottonmouth kings outside of the first gathering of the juggalos in novi michigan, me and my boy were about to go smoke a couple doobies and they were walking into the wendy's right behind the expo center and I was like hey guys, wanna smoke and that was that. I met sinbad at e3 2001. I have met tech n9ne, kris kaliko, and kutt callhoun. I have met all of the kottonmouth kings (they weren't all there in the above comment) including the dirtball and dj bobby b. The insane clown posse on several occasions, along with twiztid and blaze ya dead homie. I got to actually talk to sully from godsmack many years ago before they were big. Same goes for the bassist from linkin park before they were linkin park. Although not the highlight of my life I have met eminem before, but I think he is a dick, so that's just how it goes... I feel like I am missing someone, but who knows?!!?

edit: oh yeah, I also had met jahred the lead singer from (hed) p.e.

I met Mike Ditka. He was fucking belligerent when we were boarding the plain going off about no one being allowed to take his picture. Then he sat in fucking first class and ordered some alcohol. Other than that I haven't met any famous people.

[quote name='mastagoalie']the first celebrities I had met were the kottonmouth kings outside of the first gathering of the juggalos in novi michigan, me and my boy were about to go smoke a couple doobies and they were walking into the wendy's right behind the expo center and I was like hey guys, wanna smoke and that was that. I met sinbad at e3 2001. I have met tech n9ne, kris kaliko, and kutt callhoun. I have met all of the kottonmouth kings (they weren't all there in the above comment) including the dirtball and dj bobby b. The insane clown posse on several occasions, along with twiztid and blaze ya dead homie. I got to actually talk to sully from godsmack many years ago before they were big. Same goes for the bassist from linkin park before they were linkin park. Although not the highlight of my life I have met eminem before, but I think he is a dick, so that's just how it goes... I feel like I am missing someone, but who knows?!!?

edit: oh yeah, I also had met jahred the lead singer from (hed) p.e.[/QUOTE]

You were also a DJ at your college radio station? ;)

I've had celebrity encounters but I've never gone out of my way to talk to any of them:
1. Alan Thicke was on the same flight to Orlando as me and Dikembe Mutumbo was on an airline shuttle with me
3. I was with some friends in a bar in Vegas when Tiger Woods, Charles Barkley and Dennis Miller came in and grabbed a table. Barkley stood next to me at the bar while ordering drinks. Apparently they were there for some fundraising event.
4. I live in Ann Arbor and have run into many U-M athletes over the years including Jamie Morris, Jalen Rose, Brian Griese and Jack Johnson.
5. I've also dealt with a few people thru work such as Mike Tirico (ESPN) and Keith Jones (former NHL player)

My famous people are only semi-famous, as denoted by the fact that they require explanations.

Judith O'Dea - Barbara from Night of the Living Dead. Very sweet, classy lady who, unsurprisingly, does not like horror films but very generously sat and watched the movie with all of us at "Scream-O-Rama".

David Schow - Splatterpunk author, screenwriter of The Crow, Critters 3 and 4, and various other horror scripts. Autographed my copy of The Crow DVD.

Tim Bradstreet - Cover artist for a large portion of Garth Ennis' The Punisher run, autographed my Welcome Back Frank trade.

Bernie Wrightson - Acclaimed horror comic/film artist, signed two issues of Batman: The Cult.

Steve Niles - Comic writer, creator of 30 Days of Night. Incredibly nice guy, really enthusiastic and welcoming to all the fans. I sheepishly handed him my tattered 30 Days trade and he smiled and thumbed through it a bit saying "Oh that's okay, it just means its well loved". Beaming, he said "You want to see the trailer for my movie?" (it wasn't online yet at the time) and pulled out a portable DVD player with the trailer for 30 Days. I was so taken aback by how friendly he was (the other people there didn't seem enthused) that when he asked me if I wanted to personalize the autograph I just kind of stammered "Uhh, no, that's all right". Cool Dude.

I have met the following:

Quincy Jones,
John Legend (he records in our office),
Taboo (Black Eyed Peas),
Carly Simon,
Jordin Sparks,
David Cook,

I work for a music publisher, so I sometimes get to meet people. Pretty cool.

bread's done
Back