What Fighting game are u Buying/preorder for PS3

S

starmask2k3

soul calibur lV

Tekken Vl

MK VS DC

i'm getting all three plus SFlV & KOF & NARUTO & TC

Last edited:
there's evil forces at work with the OP...

Anyway, I'm getting Soul Calibur 4, Tekken 6, Blaz Blue, Battle Fantasia, King of Fighters XII, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and prolly some others I'm forgetting.

Does Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm count? Other than that, I'll wait for SC IV to drop (hopefully it doesn't take as long as III did).

Does anyone know when Tatsunoko is due? I remember hearing that its in its arcade phase testing phase.

I got an import version of Battle Fantasia and its good fun :)

I plan on getting SC IV as well and probably KoF

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't preorder games,but I'll buy all the fighters. I'm mostly looking foward to tekken 6, and street fighter 4. After that soul calibur 4, and then mk vs dc I don't expect to much from mk vs dc.

Street Fighter IV and Blaz Blue, but I think they're both 2009 titles... Soul Calibur IV will easily be down to $30 or $40 before the year is out, so I see no need to get that any time soon.

SCIV. Got that bish on preorder... I also can't wait for KOF XII and Blazblu. SFIV looks good too, but, dammit, that roster needs some GOOD new blood so badly...

Tekken was never one of my faves. Great game, but I don't see myself preordering it...

Street Fighter IV and Naruto are the fighting games I really want right now.. But I am going to get Tekken6, and Soul Calibur IV.

I'm getting:
-Battle Fantasia Asia Import (ordered it)
-King of Fighters XII
-Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
-Soul Calibur IV
-Street Fighter IV
-Tekken 6

[quote name='Chacrana']there's evil forces at work with the OP...

Anyway, I'm getting Soul Calibur 4, Tekken 6, Blaz Blue, Battle Fantasia, King of Fighters XII, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and prolly some others I'm forgetting.[/QUOTE]

same list as mine except add SFIV

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm getting:
-Battle Fantasia Asia Import (ordered it)
-King of Fighters XII
-Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
-Soul Calibur IV
-Street Fighter IV
-Tekken 6
[/QUOTE]

any video on battle fantasia

None of the above, since I've never been a fan of the Soul Calibur or Tekken series and after the crapfest that was MK Armageddon(loved having all of the characters in ONE game, but I hated the dial a fatality thing), I'm taking a wait and see approach to MK vs. DC. Although if I remember correctly, there will be NO fatalities in it, so that right there doesn't even qualify it as a 'true' MK game.

I'd still love to see some uber violent game like the one that is my avatar on CAG released, that'd make MK look like Sesame Street by comparison.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']same list as mine except add SFIV[/QUOTE]

Sweet... we have the exact same list, cept I'm gettin' that SF 4 on a different system. Good taste you've got there.

[quote name='Chacrana']Sweet... we have the exact same list, cept I'm gettin' that SF 4 on a different system. Good taste you've got there.[/QUOTE]

Same to you o'le chap :)

I just tried out the Naruto Ninja Storm demo and I must say it was kinda fun. Never really played any previous Naruto games so I dunno how they compare.

is Ninja Storm supposed to be a fighter/adventure/rpg?

Anyway, I'm getting Soul Calibur 4, Tekken 6, Blaz Blue, Battle Fantasia, King of Fighters XII, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and prolly some others I'm forgetting.[/quote]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']same list as mine except add SFIV[/quote]

Same exact list as you guys. Kudos for the excellent taste in fighting games.

[quote name='Chacrana']We should share a glass of expensive red wine sometime to display our refinement.[/QUOTE]

On top of that add some fish eggs and a dinner of endangered species for a meal and we are set for prestige.

[quote name='Chacrana']We should share a glass of expensive red wine sometime to display our refinement.[/quote]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']On top of that add some fish eggs and a dinner of endangered species for a meal and we are set for prestige.[/quote]

Brilliance at its best. I can drink to that gentlemen! Cheers!

Anyway, I'm getting Soul Calibur 4, Tekken 6, Blaz Blue, Battle Fantasia, King of Fighters XII, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and prolly some others I'm forgetting.[/QUOTE]

add SF IV and Naurto UNS to that and thats my list ;)

u getting SF IV on 360 chac?

I'm not sure yet but I know it will probably be only 1 game (2 at the most). My top two choices right now are Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV. Some of you guys are listing like 4 or 5 games. Why would you want so many fighting games? Wouldn't you rather spend that money on games like Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, Bioshock, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Prince of Persia, etc.

[quote name='Zerostatic']I'm not sure yet but I know it will probably be only 1 game (2 at the most). My top two choices right now are Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV. Some of you guys are listing like 4 or 5 games. Why would you want so many fighting games? Wouldn't you rather spend that money on games like Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, Bioshock, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Prince of Persia, etc.[/quote]

Why can't we just get all of them? If all the games games out at the same time I could see you having a point but some of those fighters aren't coming out until 2009 at the earliest. No need to limit yourself if the releases are so far apart.

[quote name='mrlokievil']Why can't we just get all of them? If all the games games out at the same time I could see you having a point but some of those fighters aren't coming out until 2009 at the earliest. No need to limit yourself if the releases are so far apart.[/quote]I guess you're right, but you know what, I'd bet money all the people listing like 5 games are not going to end up getting all of them. When you just spent $60 dollars on Soul Calibur 4 are you really going to spend another $60 dollars on Tekken 6 a few months later when you know there are going to be other big epic games that can also be had with those same $60 dollars.

[quote name='Zerostatic']I guess you're right, but you know what, I'd bet money all the people listing like 5 games are not going to end up getting all of them. When you just spent $60 dollars on Soul Calibur 4 are you really going to spend another $60 dollars on Tekken 6 a few months later when you know there are going to be other big epic games that can also be had with those same $60 dollars.[/quote]

People have different tastes in games. I, for one, absolutely love the fighting game genre and love the differences/intricacies in the fighting systems. I'll likely get Soul Calibur 4, Tekken 6, Street Fighter 4, and Mortal Kombat Vs. DC. If you actually really enjoy fighting games, I don't find that to be so unusual.

I think you're misinterpreting what epicness means to people. The games you listed are not necessarily better or worse than any of the fighting games listed thus far. Soul Calibur (original) was a fighting game and is commonly regarded as one of the best games ever made.

It's kind of like saying "well, I've got Halo. Don't need to pick up Unreal Tournament or Resistance or ."

I also like the games you listed. I have most and will likely get the rest of them as well. I think you maybe underestimate what the fighting genre is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='starmask2k3']do SC 4 have CAF in it[/quote]
Yes.

I've ordered SC4, and will probably be getting Tekken 6 and SF4 when they come out. If some good 2D fighters come out in the US, I'll probably get those as well (Imported games are just too expensive).
Is there any date for when KOF XII comes out?

[quote name='KingBroly']The fact SFIV wasn't mentioned makes me question the OP's sanity.[/QUOTE]

i'm getting it

[quote name='starmask2k3']soul calibur lV

Tekken Vl

MK VS DC

i'm getting all three plus SFlV & KOF & NARUTO & TC[/QUOTE]

my list

bread's done
Back