What game did you own that you are now kicking yourself for trading/selling/losing?

I give a mint copy of Lufia 2 on the SNES with box and manual in mint condition to a girl i liked a few years back. We're still close friends but i wish i got her a gift certificate or something else.
I forgot i also gave my tatsunoko vs Capcom autograph towel to a girl too. What the hell was i thinking. lol

I really regret trading my copy of Ocarina of Time and Master Quest for the GC for credit at GameStop. Sadly, reclaiming that gaming experience is the main reason I'm considering picking up a 3DS.

Traded my entire gamecube collection (about 12 games) for gears of war when it came out. I was a stupid kid and I've recently started buying all the games back for pretty cheap. After that incident I refuse to trade any of my games for any reason.

Sold my Dreamcast, 2 controllers, 4 VMU's, 2 rumble packs, and a Pro Action Replay for $30 at a garage sale. The games I had already sold to a local store that paid cash for games. Aside from games I also sold a bunch of Anime' on DVD that I wish I had kept.

I lost a complete copy of the Legend of Zelda gold cartridge for the NES, a few years ago that I found at a Goodwill. Either it is somewhere in my house, someone in my family sold it, or got thrown away. I'm kicking myself for it because I was late to the NES game era and had very few titles complete.

I regret opening my Mass Effect LCE. At the time I only played it for like 5 hours and shelved it cuz I was loving Rock Band. Needless to say, I didn't end up beating ME until the price went down on the regular version :bomb:

Almost every game since my first lowball :p . My most painful recollection was getting rid of complete copies of SNES Earthbound and Final Fantasy III. I never got a chance to finish them, either. [ Hopefully, a next-gen remake will happen in my lifetime. ]

I sold my friend my pikachu N64 with a ton of games, manuals, stratagie guides and all that stuff for $40 thinking i was overcharging him. I miss my N64 :/

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I regret opening my Mass Effect LCE. At the time I only played it for like 5 hours and shelved it cuz I was loving Rock Band. Needless to say, I didn't end up beating ME until the price went down on the regular version :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i got mines (ME:CE) from a friend who won it in contest from the Syfy network so i decided not to open it since i already had a ME open (regular version). I usually don't open up any first print RPG game and Collector's edition.

I also owned at one time, a Turbo Duo and a copy of Dracula X Chi No Rondo. I caved in and bought one off ebay several years ago. As a HUGE Castlevania fan, I had always wanted to play Dracula X but there was no way to play it at that time besides having a Turbo Duo and importing Dracula X from Japan. So I spent about 300 bucks to buy the system and game (along with other games I didn't care about). Man I loved that game so much. I ended up selling it on ebay and making a small profit as soon as I found out that Dracula X was released on Virtual Console for the wii in Japan and that Dracula X Chronicles would be released here.

Still, it was cool to own while I had it. Even though the turbo duo had one of the shortest controller wires I have ever seen.

This thread hurts so bad, but is so interesting.

Personally I have been saved the few times my stupidity back in the day would have bitten me. Tried to trade my SMS games to Funcoland after they stopped taking them. *phew

Also I regret having my games at college. Had my copies of Master Quest, Zelda Collector's ed, and MG Twin Snakes lost or damaged. Luckily my copy of MvC2 (PS2) which was left out just flipped upside down all the time, so my roommates could play Guitar Hero, escaped the same fate.

[quote name='dan13l858']I give a mint copy of Lufia 2 on the SNES with box and manual in mint condition to a girl i liked a few years back. We're still close friends but i wish i got her a gift certificate or something else.
I forgot i also gave my tatsunoko vs Capcom autograph towel to a girl too. What the hell was i thinking. lol[/QUOTE]
girls will do that to you :)

mine would have to be my nes and genesis collection. i had about 300 sega and 200 nes games. i was married at the time and traded them in for money, (because she was worthless and rent was due) i got like 200 dollars total. i havent starting collecting them again because i have no room. the only old game i will never sell is super mario all stars for snes and mario kart

Trading in pretty much every game I owned to Bookman's to get a DS, which was in shitty condition and I couldn't afford any games for.

My intellivision system that I had bought for $5 from a garage sale...

The cartridge slot was wonky and games had to be inserted juuuuust right to be able to play anything... I got tired of messing with it and sold it games and all for $35...

now I wish I had kept it... :(

[quote name='camelking6969']girls will do that to you :)[/QUOTE]

It's cool. I have a crap load of other stuff that would make your average gamer girl go apeS$%#.

10 years ago I traded Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Dreamcast) for NBA2K or NBA2K1. What an idiot.

I still own everything else DC that I originally bought (or my parents bought me) and keep it in excellent condition. Just wish I still had that MvC2.

I got Earthbound and Shantea at a pawn shop on different occasions for $2 ea. Sold both for around $75 ea. Regretting it now.

I had several times lost games, that I wished i kept. 1. I had a complete good condition vagrant story that I sold to some kid in my neighborhood for 10 bucks. 2. I had 2 copies of complete marvel vs capcom 2 (ps2); lost the first copy when our refurbish ps2 stopped working my brother took me to gamestop to exchane it for another ps2 and i forgot to eject the disc from the console (nooooo) when we returned it. second copy of mvc2 the ds had came out and my ps2 had the disk read erorr and frustrated i traded it it and my whole ps2 collection (with mvc2) for a fat ds (i got 113$ in store credit) those were lost -_-. 3. I wish I removed my backback because the mention ds (i got at the cost of my ps2 collection) I cracked and crushed it having intercourse with my gf at the time. she was ontop and i still had my backpack on (we were 16 and pretty horny lol) and cracked while session i stopped just to see what happen and there it was a broken ds. lame..... (at least i had panini but not worth a broken handheld) damnit this threat is tough haha

I'm in for the N64 games - in particular Super Mario 64

*kick

When the Dreamcast came out, I traded in my N64, about 35 CIB games with 4 controllers and 4 rumble packs for one because I wanted to play Soul Calibur so badly. It's the only time I've ever traded in any games I've owned in over 25 years of collecting. Now I'm slowly rebuilding my N64 collection. At the time though, I was pretty happy because Soul Calibur was absolutely amazing.

My N64 and all the games I had for it. Definitely the dumbest decision I've made gaming related. Second would be the classic Gameboy and games. :cry:

I had some rare-ish PS1 games: Jersey Devil (which I traded in), Intelligent Qube, and Motor Toon Grand Prix.

The latter two suffered a much worse fate. I was around 8 years old coming home from school, when I heard that I had a bunch of little cousins visiting. Even at that age, I knew of the chaos they can cause. Once I got home, I ran to my games. They had pieces snapped off. Not the cases, BUT THE DISCS THEMSELVES. I was heartbroken. I'll try to snap some pictures if I can find the discs.

[quote name='jab1235']I sold my friend my pikachu N64 with a ton of games, manuals, stratagie guides and all that stuff for $40 thinking i was overcharging him. I miss my N64 :/[/QUOTE]
[quote name='FridgeBeard']Harvest Moon 64. I was young and stupid.[/QUOTE]

I know that feel, bro(s).

I had a copy of Gran Turismo get stolen by somebody. Doucher left me an empty case, and regret.
Or letting somebody I know borrow Tony Hawk's Underground, only to get it back scratched to all holy hell.

For non-games, probably getting rid of 4-5 years of gaming magazines due to me having a pissyfit about something. Gargabe pickup was the next morning, so I didn't even have much time to fix my mistake.

All in all, not that bad of losses.

Pretty much MINT earthbound big box complete with guide & scratch n sniff stickers. Got it for $5 and sold it for $110 on ebay years back.

for me threw away .hack 3 due to it had no case and my 6 1/2 month old totaled part of my ps2 collection and some of my ps1 games, my ex hated me at the time and didnt care if he ruined stuff. otherwise regretting not buy suikoden 2 for 15 back in 03 when i didnt know any better

When I was around 10 years old

I went into Funcoland

With a NES with about 15 games...

...traded it all in to get Mario Kart 64

...and still owed like $5 :(

I started gaming as an adult so I didn't have the time to make stupid moves when I was a kid since I didn't have any games. Reading these posts makes me sure that I will not make any stupid moves with games.

However my parents did try to sell my Speak & Math at a yard sale for $5 and THANKFULLY no one bought it and then I found it in my closet years later with box and everything. I would have been pretty pissed if I found out that it sold. This is probably the most heinous thing I can think of which isn't much.

I haven't done really dumb moves.. the only one that came into mind is selling of my DS phat for $50 to gamestop for getting a DS Lite at launch.

[quote name='lhfan04']I haven't done really dumb moves.. the only one that came into mind is selling of my DS phat for $50 to gamestop for getting a DS Lite at launch.[/QUOTE]

thats not bad

the DS Original is POS if you look back at it

[quote name='lhfan04']I haven't done really dumb moves.. the only one that came into mind is selling of my DS phat for $50 to gamestop for getting a DS Lite at launch.[/QUOTE]
i was going to trade in my dsi for 3ds but decided not to after realizing the launch titles aren't that impressive

Just realized I hadn't contributed to this one. My biggest regret of the last year is letting my collection of Mass Effect 2 Collector's Editions I amassed since launch dwindle from 8 down to one last lonely 1. Hell, I'd love to get rid of it for the money it's going for NOW, but I can't stand to part with this last one. Don't know if I'll ever have the dumb luck to come across another one in a retail environment again.

I regret lending my Sega Nomad to my then-crackhead cousin. That was the last time I saw it since I'm pretty sure he sold it. To make things worse, the game that was in the system was NHL 94.

I also regret passing on a $25 copy of Shining Force III (Sega Saturn) at a closing TRU in the late 1990s.

I sold Dragon Force to EB Games when the Saturn was all but dead for $5, which I turned around and used on a Beatles mouse pad for my mom. I think my mom liked it, but in hindsight, I sure has hell dont.

My mom sold my SNES many years ago with 30 games for $30.... She sold all my PS1 games for $1 each. Nothing too rare except Tomba 1 and 2 and Tail Concerto... Still trying to find that last game after all these years. This was about 10 years ago mind you.

I bought Call of Duty: World at War three times so far. Bought it new on release week. Then I traded it away thinking I'd buy again when they release a game of the year edition with all the extra maps. Then I bought it from gamefly on sale. Then thieves stole my Xbox and my games. Then I bought a used Xbox with a bad dvd drive, thinking I'd just use the copy to hard drive feature. I needed a brand new copy of the game with zero scratches, so I ordered it on Amazon. That didn't work, so I gave it to a buddy. Now I'm gonna buy it for PS3. All I gotta do is wait until PS3s go on sale.

The thing about World at War is that it's a perfect clone of Modern Warfare 1, which is why in my mind World at War is a perfect game.

Being the collector hoarder that I am, I almost never sell games from my personal collection unless I HATE them with a passion. Back in my early teens I traded in Pokemon Snap, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, Banjo Kazooie, and Pokemon Stadium for WWF No Mercy when it came out. I was pretty happy to get $10-15 each for them, but I really regretted trading Banjo Kazooie after a few months.

I later rebought Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap for $1 each off of CAG (and played through Pokemon Stadium :cool:), and I rebought Banjo Kazooie from Gamestop for $7 right before they started getting rid of N64 games. I do miss having the original cases and manuals, and having everything in mint condition, but it's not so bad. I don't really have space for all of that anyway.

So yeah, not quite as bad as some of the rest of you. Of course, I have tons of worthless games now that could have been sold for $10-30 at one point that have just been depreciating in value and accumulating dust for years.

bread's done
Back