What game killed your 360?

cleaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
349 (100%)
I've seen a few Dead Rising and Full Auto killed my 360 threads, King Kong killed my 360. I want to see what the most common cause of death is.

What game was in your 360 when it died?

Killed as in 3 red lights? Or constant lock-ups?

For the former, it was a combination of Top Spin 2 and Oblivion. For the second replacement system, it's NCAA, Lego, and NBA 2K7.

Survived Oblivion, DoA4 (freezes online occasionally from lag), Burnout and Dead Rising.

it has frozen during Ninja Gaiden Black when I hit the guide button.

Ever notice in some games how the guide menu comes out at like 5 fps? what the hell's up with that. You'd think they would fix that in an update or make sure it's 100% solid before shipping the system.

We're not talking about system freezes, we're talking about the red ring of death. Guide button freezes and etc are quite common.

is it bad that after i finish playing with my 360, i always dis connect the cords and put it back in the original box. i only do this because my HDTV is upstairs so to keep less clutter around and dont want to keep it in the living room when people are usually coming in and out to visit. i'm worried constant moving around of the system will eventually mess it up. hopefully not

nothing so far. I used to get freezes in madden 06 but after the update it works fine. Online, i get lag in DOA4,Saints Row + Rumble Roses XX.

whoops never had 3 lights, just constant lock-ups and that was accredited to a defective system, but only to EA launch games (Madden, NFS:MW, NBA Live)

i refuse to play it...i just look at it on my stand and look at all the pretty games sitting on my shelf;)

havent ever had the red rings yet but i am on my second xbox since Dead Rising and Topspin 2 was locking up every damn time, and now havent had a problem yet with my current 360

My launch 360 died last weekend without any games in it. I turned it on at night to play and it lost its will to live. Before then I never had any problems at all. Guess it died of old age.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']None yet, I am invicible![/QUOTE]

:rofl: Boris from Goldeneye.

Mine was either Dead Rising or Saint's Row. Maybe a liitle dose of both.

Well, I beat Hitman Blood Money, then I threw in COD2 a couple hours later, and then it died, so I don;t really know, since COD2 was actually my first game

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Where's the none and games don't "kill" a system options?[/quote]
Yeah we all know that. I just took it as 'what were you playing when your 360 died".

Pictures from the crime scene:

Scene #0000001
picture011ia3.jpg

Scene #0000002
234234234234054st8.jpg

First one never actually made the ring of death. Second one did though.

Battlefield was in when my launch 360 died. It was a slow death freezing up constantly and finally a checkerboard and then the red lights.

My replacement was fine untill it turned itself off twice and gave 3 red lights once playing Saints Row when it first came out. The system was very hot to the touch so I took off the Intercooler and now have my 360 standing upright and when I play it i'll plug in a rotating fan and just let it blow directly on the system. Zero problems since starting this but I feel stupid everytime I plug the fan in and again when I have to answer the question of why I have a fan pointed at my enertianment center when people stop by... lol

My friend just sent his launch 360 in for repairs. It freezes up constantly on all his games after a few minutes of play.....

[quote name='rly723']is it bad that after i finish playing with my 360, i always dis connect the cords and put it back in the original box. i only do this because my HDTV is upstairs so to keep less clutter around and dont want to keep it in the living room when people are usually coming in and out to visit. i'm worried constant moving around of the system will eventually mess it up. hopefully not[/QUOTE]

If you are serious, yes, that will probably eventually loosen the connectors on your TV and/or your 360 making both useless.

graf1k, that is what my TV screen looked like shortly after I started playing Dead Rising. I see you have a Sony too, maybe the question should be "When your 360 died, where you playing on a Sony TV?" The ultimate console conspiracy!

bread's done
Back