What game(s) did you get with your DS/DS Lite?

Mr. Anderson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I FINALLY got a DS Lite today, and I'm really excited. I've been playing Sonic Rush, Meteos, and Polarium all night. I haven't been this happy about a gaming purchase in a long time. Just out of curiosity, what did everybody else get with their DS'?

With my DS, I bought a used copies of SM64DS and WarioWare Touched! Neither one was that good, SM64DS played like crap compared to the N64 version and WWT was too short.

With my DSL, I got Brain Age for free but I already had a copy- but the game's awesome. I didn't really need any games with my Lite as I had tons of older DS games waiting to be played.

I believe I started out with the Animal Crossing Bundle. I then bought MKDS and Advance wars for my NDS. When I finally got my DS lite, I ran into CAG and this is where I bought a slew of DS game for cheap. But the first game I actually bought for my DS lite was Phoenix Wright and NSMB

I got SM64DS and it was a blast, even though I used to play the N64 version every chance I got. The controls on the original DS weren't bad either, I thought they were very good, I'm fine without the analog stick. Now, playing certain parts of the game on a Lite is a bit tricky (but I hear the d-pad should smooth out after a while and the diagonals will kick in properly after a few hours).

Anyway, good game and still fun even if you played the N64 version tons, not sure if you'd still wanna play it if you already beat it 10 years ago as I've never owned it back in the day, just played a little bit every once in a while. Other good games I own that I haven't been able to get at launch (since they weren't out at that time) are Castlevania: DOS, Mario Kart DS, and New Super Mario Bros., incase you wanted some recommendations too.

The only game I got at launch was Big Brain Academy. While I was excited at getting a DSL, my cheapass side wouldn't let me get any other games for full-price.

I had the ds fat so i had a bunch of games already, but i reccomend Tony Hawk and Trauma Center for sure.
Animal Crossing is pretty cool too, but I must say it gets old.

But when I bought the lite I got the TRU bundle with Brain age (which I already had), and Big brain academy (which I think its a little better than Brain age).

I started with the Nintendogs bundle and went on to buy a cheap used Feel the Magic with it. I have 15 games total now.

I got my DSPhat on launch day with only Mario Bros DS. Great game and my family (and my girlfriend's family) is still hooked on the mini games. I wanna pick up a DS Lite soon and New Super Mario Bros so that we can play the mini games in wi-fi.

I just got Mario 64 since I bought it during that promotion last Summer... and really, the system didn't get another good game until October when Trauma Center came out... thankfully, things definitely improved from then on.

With my original DS, I got Feel the Magic: XY XX. Can't really recommend it.

With my DSlite, I got Brain Age and Big Brain Academy. Can't really recommend either of those.

Well with my DS lite buy I just got Brain Age for free and the mario case.

Then I got Meteos and plan to get Sonic Rush this week with the sale :)

hmm... i already owned the following by the time i bought a DS Lite:

Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright
Tetris DS
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Sonic Rush

though, i bought Tetris DS with the impending purchase of my DS in mind, so i guess Tetris is the only one that would actually count.

I actually got my first DS games before the original launch. Target had Mario and Feel the Magic on display and I happened to have some store credit because of a weird screwup at Sears. So I was able to get the two of those for an actual cost of $15. I had to wait until the next day to pick up a DS when it became officially available at TRU since I had a bunch of credit there to use.

Feel the Magic is still a nifty little game. Not the run of the mill sort of thing. Well worth it if you find it under $10.

I believe I had Kirby Canvas Curse, Advance Wars DS, Lunar Dragon Song (GS B2G1F) and Super Mario 64 (Wherehouse.com) in the weeks leading up to December 1 when I snagged my DS from Target during the $100 catalog goof-up, along with Mario Kart DS.

Got Brain Age free w/ the Lite on launch week. That is an awesome game, but I really slowed down playing it once I unlocked everything. I think I played it almost every day for about a month and once a week or so since.

I also jumped on the free Brain Age DSL launch, as well as Mario Kart DS and NSMB. I was on a gaming high a few weeks into it, as I purchased a bunch more games. But now, the hype and newness has died down and I haven't gotten anything for a month. I'm waiting for Castlevania: POR to get me back into DS addiction.

I picked up the Blue DS with Mario 64 bundled in and bought Kirby Canvas Curse right then and Meteos when it was released a week later.

[quote name='JokerCard']Well with my DS lite buy I just got Brain Age for free and the mario case.

Then I got Meteos and plan to get Sonic Rush this week with the sale :)[/QUOTE]

Soinic Rush is awesome, great game.

bread's done
Back