What game should I attack next?

Hollow Man

CAGiversary!
I've not used my DS Lite for some time, so I figured I'd get back into it. These are the games I own but have barely played, so I figured I'd go with one of them (as opposed to the ones I own and have played quite a bit through; I can talk about them if anyone cares). Some notes:

-I'm on Mission 8 of Advance Wars, but have not played for some time.

-I'm on Chapter 2 of Sacred Stones (but again, have not played for some time).

-Regarding the Castlevania series: I own and have played 47% of Dawn of Sorrow, but have gotten rather tired of not being to save wherever and whenever to get through the tougher parts (sue me - I'm a spoiled PC gamer!).

I'm leaning towards Advance Wars DS. It's quite cool, but was getting tough, so I put it down and never went back to it.

Thoughts? Thanks!

-HM

If you got tired of Dawn of Sorrow, there's no reason to play the other Castlevanias listed - it's basically the same game, except DoS has slightly superior graphics and audio.

I always preferred Advance Wars to the Fire Emblem series, even though it's largely the same game. Voted for Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

I loved the first Advance Wars, but not Dual Strike. Play Aria of Sorrow. It's my favorite non-SNES port GBA game.

Dont even bother reading any posts beyond this point. Just play AW DS, get all 300 medals, and come back to us a few weeks (or months) later to tell us how much fun you've had :applause:

Well, it sure looks like Advance Wars has the early (and no doubt permanent) lead. Thanks to all for their comments. Now for some questions to anyone who wants to answer:

-In Advance Wars, what dictates how fast the stars fill up for your CO? And do they fill from right to left (I know, it's sad that I can't figure out what's going on here)?

-Any general hints? I can blow through the first 4 missions, but at 5 it started getting tough, and 8 is killing me. Maybe I just have to pay better attention to which units are good against what, and the limitations some have with regards to firing (the ones that can't fire directly next to them, for example).

-For those who recommended Castlevania - how do the GGA versions I have compare in difficulty to DoS? I was really digging DoS for while (which is why I bought the double pack), but just got frustrated with the difficulty and the backtracking.

Thanks again,

-HM

Does not compute! :D

I would also go with Castlevania. Both are lovely games, you can probably squeak each one out in ten hours if you like to search around.

It's not that DoS is hard, per se, but in areas that are tougher, it's annoying to die and not be able to start right where I died.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']It's not that DoS is hard, per se, but in areas that are tougher it's annoying to die and not be able to start right where I died.-HM[/QUOTE]

Getting the Frankenstein soul helps deal with that annoyance a bit. There are times when Castlevania DS is frusterating, but you can get through that with a decent amount of leveling/soul gathering.

[quote name='pete5883']Castlevania...hard?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking... DoS is a cakewalk compared to early CV's on the NES.

I would have to go with AOS as well. Not a very long or difficult game but great gameplay with lots of kick ass weapons

bread's done
Back