What games are you gunna get first?

Sofa King Kool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Hopefully I'll be able to get all of these games when I get my Wii, but I probably won't have the money. So in order, I am planning in getting:

Red Steel
Super Mario Galaxy
Project H.A.M.M.E.R
Excite Truck

What are you all planning on getting first?

Let's see... assuming the Wii is $250, I will have at least $450 in EB credit remaining. I could turn that into:

---Preordered already---
Metal Slug Anthology
Trauma Center
Red Steel

Twilight Princess
WarioWare
Wii Sports
Metroid Prime 3
SSBB
FF: CC

Hopefully games won't all be $50 and I'll have a little bit more purchasing power.

I'll probably get a Wii and get Metroid Prime 3 or Zelda- whichever one gets the controls down right (hands on impressions have said that neither one is perfect).

And after that, nothing unless I can find a damn job. I just can't seem to find a job, probably because I have no previous experience. Never really needed one before but never thought the lack of a job would come back and bite me in the ass. Building a sound system has put me $400 in the hole so the Wii and 2 games will set me back another ~$320- at least. I'm praying that the Wii is $200 and the games are even less.

If I can't get at least two games, I'll probably get Zelda for the GC and wait on the Wii for a little bit.

I plan on getting the Wii on day one with Metroid Prime 3, Wii Sports, & Trauma Center: Second Opinion. I'll save Zelda for the time off between Christmas and New Year's.

In the order I would buy them if I weren't planning on buying them all at once ;) :

Excite Truck (not sure why exactly, but I am absolutely frothing at the mouth for this game; I hope it has a ton of tracks)

Super Mario Galaxy (at least, I wish it were a launch title...)

Metroid Prime 3 (assuming I play through MP2 in time and am still up for more - just finished MP1)

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Wii Sports (if it's not a pack-in)

Twilight Princess
Wii Sports
Red Steel
Metroid Prime 3
Wario Ware

...and that's all I can think of off the toop of my head, but there are more that I want at launch.

[quote name='botticus']Let's see... assuming the Wii is $250, I will have at least $450 in EB credit remaining.[/quote]

My god man, with a little patience (i.e. Buy2Get1Free Sales), you'd have like the entire generation already set aside and paid for. Good job.

I was going to get Trauma Center, but I think a game that challenges fine motor skills is more at home on the DS. I can't imagine holding a remote control like a scalpel and actually being precise with it, but I would love to be proven wrong! :) So for me it will be:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Zelda: Twighlight Princess
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Those three are almost a lock. Then it comes down to:

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (depending on whether I can still find time to play violent games by myself, since I have a young son)
Wario Ware (depending on whether I can afford to buy extra controllers for my friends and guests)
Rayman (depending on how it turns out)

It's much easier for me to list the games I DON'T want for the Wii, as opposed to thinking of games I want. But for games I'm getting first? That's a really tough question.

Zelda seems obligatory.
As does WarioWare.
Sadly, as does Metroid Prime.
Elebits might be my random fourth.

Looking at the launch game list of Wikipedia I'm planning on getting Zelda at lauch. Depending on reviews I may also get Final Fantasy CC, Elebits, Red Steel, and/or Metroid Prime 3.

They've said that they wanted to have 6 million units out by March of next year, along with 17 million games. That would imply a maximum attach ratio of 1 to 2.83.

Anyway, I'm considering doing some bizarro world affirmative action and getting only 3rd party games on the grounds that

a) I think showing support to them is important during this critical time
b) They're games are the ones more likely to become rare. Nintendo games arent going anywhere.

red steel
Zelda
Wii Sports

Maybe
Elebits dependin on how it turns out
Prime 3 if I get to beatin 2
Excite Truck if it has online play

HAMMER and Galaxy are not launch titles, Galaxy is launch window, and I really havent heard much on Hammer or Disaster

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']
HAMMER and Galaxy are not launch titles, Galaxy is launch window, and I really havent heard much on Hammer or Disaster[/quote]

Awwww, I didn't know that :cry:

I was really looking forward to having Hammer first day.

[quote name='evilmax17']It's much easier for me to list the games I DON'T want for the Wii, as opposed to thinking of games I want. But for games I'm getting first? That's a really tough question.

Zelda seems obligatory.
As does WarioWare.
Sadly, as does Metroid Prime.
Elebits might be my random fourth.[/QUOTE]

Bullshit.

You're going to go to a garage sale the weekend after the Wii launches.

HAY GUYS LOOK WHAT I GOT FOR THIRTEEN DOLLARS....

(System + all launch games pictured.)
(Strangely, so is Super Mario Galaxy.)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be my first Wii game, since I don't intend on getting a Wii until it comes out. If it weren't for the fact that I'll be really strapped for cash this year, I'd have one at launch.

I'll end up with Trauma Center and MP 3 Corruption as my launch games with Zelda and Elebits picked up shortly after launch.

On launch (assuming the games listed come out then) I'll pick up Zelda, Red Steel, Metroid Prime 3 and Wii sports -- assuming that it's not a pack-in and isn't more than $40.

As far as past launch I'll be getting SSBB (this is a complete and total definite, as long it costs less than $1000 :razz: ) and maybe SM Galaxy (if it doesn't suck).

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Correction. You are ALL going to get the Dragon Quest game on the grounds that if we can snag DQ9, its all over.[/quote]

QFT

Im gonna buy that game brand new the day it comes out. Hopefully we can snag DQ9 as a Wii exclusive! =D

for launch games Im gonna go with Zelda, Wii Sports, and maybe one other.

as long as i have the system the day of, i really dont care what games i get the first day. Games are so much easier to locate than the consoles

Trauma Center Second Opinion
Super Mario Galaxy (though i don't like the looks of it thus far)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (past launch)

Possibly

Zelda
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel

Well I probably won't get it at launch so my first 5 games will most likely be:

Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Trauma Center
Super Smash Bros Brawl(This comes first no matter what)
And...Maybe like some shooter, if CoD3 is out for sure that, especially if online is good, then I definitely want a good FPS. I might get LOZ:TP, unless I wait till like summer to get my Wii, then I'll just get it for the Cube.

Oh ya and I want Monkey Ball too! And maybe WarioWare...plus I havent even looked in to all the games. Galaxy and SSBB are 100% for sures though.

Surprised that only one or two people have said Rayman...it looks silly. As for me, Wario Ware is my only definite, however, I feel obligated to get Zelda, even though the series is not my favorite, and as long as there isn't horrible criticism over the control-scheme of MP3, I'll be getting that as well.

The thing about DQ is that it'll probably be one of the quicker games to drop in price in the early going (right after Rayman and Red Steel). Considering it's a Square-Enix game, it also will have very little chance of vanishing from the face of the earth the way a game like Trauma Center would.

On launch day? Twilight Princess, Red Steel, and WiiSports.

I'll probably pick up Rayman, Excite Truck and Trauma Center before the holidays end. Unless Elebits is amazing then I won't even bother. No damn way I'm getting Crystal Chronicles but Dragon Quest is a possibility. Unless WarioWare is ridiculous then I'm not going to spend $50 so I can grind my way to another Pyoro minigame.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Correction. You are ALL going to get the Dragon Quest game on the grounds that if we can snag DQ9, its all over.[/quote]

No. I am not buying a game I only half-want just to help out Nintendo. They dick over the US constantly and it's really starting to get under my skin. No Mother 3. No Club Nintendo. No Band Brothers. No Donkey Konga 3. Bland packaging compared to all the Japanese games. If they put out hot shit I'll buy it but I'm not doing a megacorp any damn favors.

It'll probably be a while until I get a Wii since Fire Emblem and Resident Evil are the only games I have interest in at the moment. So my first game will probably be one of those 2.

It's a crime against humanity that Galaxy isn't launching with the Wii. :( A CRIME.

Not sure which games I'll go with...I'll probably dump $400-450 into the console and games, so however many games that'll end up getting me, I'll just decide what looks strongest from the pack on that day.

Here's a question, though: I've never done the launch-day thing with a console before, but I plan to with Wii. How will buying games be handled? Even if we pre-order the console and games, will we have to do the big line wait shabang and rush around to try to grab the games we want or do stores usually give vouchers to people in line to reduce the tension and rushing around?

I have Red Steel and Marvel alliance on preorder already, I have to pick two more but I can't decide. I am thinking zelda and call of duty 3 or possibly HAMMER.

Wii Sports is definite as long as it's priced right.
WarioWare is very likely, as is ExciteTruck if it's out.

I'm still not sure if I'll get Zelda on day one, or a little later once I play some of the more arcadey stuff and have time to focus on one game.

There are a ton of games that I am looking forward to, but I am certain to buy Zelda at launch. Also, they are going to have to seriously mess up Red Steel for me not to buy it, too. The real question is which will I start to play first, and that will most likely be determined by reading reviews and previews of both games.

At launch:
- Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- Red Steel
- Rayman: Raving Rabbids
- Trauma Center: Second Opinion
- Sonic: Wild Fire
- Far Cry
- Madden 2007
- Wii Sports (Depending on price, if it isn't a pack-in)

I may pick up others later, depending on how they score (particularly eying Dragon Quest Swords, Blazing Angels (I'm a sucker for flight sims), and NFS: Carbon)

After launch:
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Smash Bros Brawl
- Project Hammer
- Disaster: Day of Crisis
- Prince of Persia
- Resident Evil
- ... Others I can't think of right now...

Yeah, between the Wii and the upcoming DS titles, Nintendo is going to clean me out. Nintendo will be very profitable this next year... and my broken, hollow wallet will be why.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']
Here's a question, though: I've never done the launch-day thing with a console before, but I plan to with Wii. How will buying games be handled? Even if we pre-order the console and games, will we have to do the big line wait shabang and rush around to try to grab the games we want or do stores usually give vouchers to people in line to reduce the tension and rushing around?[/QUOTE]
Games rarely sell out at launch. I wouldn't worry about not being able to find the games you want. They'll actually probably be out a few days to a week before the system itself launches.

[quote name='cochesecochese']
No. I am not buying a game I only half-want just to help out Nintendo. They dick over the US constantly and it's really starting to get under my skin. No Mother 3. No Club Nintendo. No Band Brothers. No Donkey Konga 3. Bland packaging compared to all the Japanese games. If they put out hot shit I'll buy it but I'm not doing a megacorp any damn favors.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I just agree with the principle of the argument, however. I am so getting Dragon Quest.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']It's a crime against humanity that Galaxy isn't launching with the Wii. :( A CRIME.

Not sure which games I'll go with...I'll probably dump $400-450 into the console and games, so however many games that'll end up getting me, I'll just decide what looks strongest from the pack on that day.

Here's a question, though: I've never done the launch-day thing with a console before, but I plan to with Wii. How will buying games be handled? Even if we pre-order the console and games, will we have to do the big line wait shabang and rush around to try to grab the games we want or do stores usually give vouchers to people in line to reduce the tension and rushing around?[/QUOTE]

I just realized the other day that Wii will be my first launch day console purchase. Weird, since I've been into videogames for so long. (My parents DID buy me a SNES on launch day back in 4th grade, but that doesn't really count.)

Anyway, I'll be getting Zelda: TP, Dragon Quest, and Wii Sports for sure, and Elebits, Excite Truck, and Red Steel depending on reviews. The non-launch games I'm looking forward to are Super Mario Galaxy, Project Hammer, and Pokemon Battle Revolution.

bread's done
Back