What games are you waiting to buy for Cheap?

Kain Vincent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Hell, some of the games I'm waiting to buy for cheap aren't even out yet!

PS2:
1. Burnout 3: Takedown
2. Sly 2: Band of Thieves
3. Mega Man X: Command Mission (Multi)
4. Mega Man X8
5. King of Fighters 2002/2003
6. Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within (Multi)
7. Ratchet & Clank 3
8. Devil May Cry 3
9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (Multi)

GC:
1. Tales of Symphonia
2. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
3. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (I missed it during the CC & TRU deals)
4. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
5. Viewtiful Joe 2 (Multi)
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Star Fox 2

GBA:
1. Shining Soul 2
2. Astro Boy: Omega Factor
3. Mario vs Donkey Kong
4. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
5. Mega Man Annversary Collection

All I know, is that I got my next year in gaming covered! :lol:

If you have high speed internet, R&C 3 will be worth the full MSRP. I played that game to death during the beta and never got bored. I cannot wait until there are a ton of people on to be able to play aganist.

Metal Gear, Half-Life 2, Capcom fighting jam and this are the main games I plan on paying full MSRP for this holiday season.

aside from that everything else can go cheap before I purchase it.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']GC:
1. Tales of Symphonia
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Star Fox 2

GBA:
1. Shining Soul 2
3. Mario vs Donkey Kong
[/quote]

Of the current consoles I only own these two, so I figured I'd comment on them. I'll probably do the same for most of your choices...

For the Cube and GBA, price drops happen so slowly on 1st party titles, to the point of NEVER on the GBA. I guess if you were patient enough to wait this long, Wind Waker will probably hit $30 by the time the next game comes out.

I'm waiting on Symphonia and (when it comes out) RE 4 to get cheap too, as they eventually will. I admit I will probably mark out for Viewtiful Joe 2 and just buy it outright, since the first title was also priced new at $40, and if the new title is just more of the same, it's still damn worth it. I want Paper Mario also, but I'm not sure I'm willing to wait the 6-8 months for it to drop $10-20.

I see Astro Boy becoming rare (hell, if titles like Advance Wars are hard to find new nowadays...) so I'd get that soon. MvDK I don't know, but I doubt it'll drop since it's first party - but since it's not a hit, you might get lucky. God knows how long you'll wait on Kingdom Hearts to drop. I mean look at Sword of Mana, that's still at $30!

[quote name='SevereTireDamage'][quote name='Kain Vincent']GC:
1. Tales of Symphonia
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Star Fox 2

GBA:
1. Shining Soul 2
3. Mario vs Donkey Kong
[/quote]

Of the current consoles I only own these two, so I figured I'd comment on them. I'll probably do the same for most of your choices...

For the Cube and GBA, price drops happen so slowly on 1st party titles, to the point of NEVER on the GBA. I guess if you were patient enough to wait this long, Wind Waker will probably hit $30 by the time the next game comes out.

I'm waiting on Symphonia and (when it comes out) RE 4 to get cheap too, as they eventually will. I admit I will probably mark out for Viewtiful Joe 2 and just buy it outright, since the first title was also priced new at $40, and if the new title is just more of the same, it's still damn worth it. I want Paper Mario also, but I'm not sure I'm willing to wait the 6-8 months for it to drop $10-20.

I see Astro Boy becoming rare (hell, if titles like Advance Wars are hard to find new nowadays...) so I'd get that soon. MvDK I don't know, but I doubt it'll drop since it's first party - but since it's not a hit, you might get lucky. God knows how long you'll wait on Kingdom Hearts to drop. I mean look at Sword of Mana, that's still at $30![/quote]

Yeah, I know about Nintendo and its very slow price drops. :( I just threw them on the list, because they might be a part of a future sale. I'm hoping that EBgames will have a good after-christmas sale like last year.

I'm not going to have to wait for very many pricedrops since I can just preorder any game I want for $30 at GameRush, so I'm wanting Zelda WW, Burnout 3, Tales of Symphonia,and Pikmin 2 would be pretty much all I want.

The only one I'm really willing to wait for a price drop or a deal on is Thug2. Don't get me wrong, I want it badly, but I'm buying so many other games at full price this fall that I have to try to save on something.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If you have high speed internet, R&C 3 will be worth the full MSRP.[/quote]

while true, i wouldnt doubt bb has it for 35$ within a few weeks...and we all know what that means!

$35 is launch price with ggc at bb for Sony first parties. Now if only Microsoft and Nintendo would kick the retails down to $40 too third parties would be force to follow.

[quote name='"SevereTireDamage"'][quote name='Kain Vincent']

I see Astro Boy becoming rare (hell, if titles like Advance Wars are hard to find new nowadays...) so I'd get that soon. MvDK I don't know, but I doubt it'll drop since it's first party - but since it's not a hit, you might get lucky. God knows how long you'll wait on Kingdom Hearts to drop. I mean look at Sword of Mana, that's still at $30![/quote]

Actually, I think it's $17 at Target.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']$35 is launch price with ggc at bb for Sony first parties. Now if only Microsoft and Nintendo would kick the retails down to $40 too third parties would be force to follow.[/quote]

Don't forget, the third parties are paying royalties to the console companies. This makes it more difficult for them to launch titles with comparable development costs for the lower price. Unless, that is, they're highly confident they have a monster hit on their hands.

Considering my buying habits the list is limited solely by two criteria. Do I own it and do I want it. For all games for which the answers are no and yes respectively then the answer is all of them.

I need to pick up Mario Kart: Double Dash(my TRU did not have it half off) and Pokemon: Fire Red when they have a price drop, and Ill wait for Paper Mario 2, Star Fox 2, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Half Life 2, Devil May Cry 3, and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories to have a price drop or two before I buy them.
Edit: I forgot about Star Wars: Battlefront, X-Men Legends, Forgotten Realms: Deamon Store, and Star Ocean 3.

I'm waiting on Tales of Symphonia, not so much because I'm cheap, but more so that I'm in the middle of another RPG (Breath of Fire).

SC:pT on GC. Let all Ubisoft titles go $19.99.

On POP2:WW, hey BloodRayne wants her blades back, and Wolverine wants his haircut back, too.

Pretty much every game that I don't own and want I will wait to drop in price or until I can get a deal on. Even games that are now $20 I am waiting to find cheaper.

Some on my list
Viewtiful Joe (GCN)
Pikmin 2 (GCN)
Burnout 3 (XBOX)
Resident Evil 4 (GCN) Will probably preorder this at gamerush
SSBM (GCN)
Splinter Cell PT (XBOX)
GTA Double Pack (XBOX)
Fable (XBOX)

xbox : full spectrum warrior, ninja gaiden, SC:pandora tomorrow, Driv3r, red dead revolver, chronicles of riddick, nba ballers, fable..

I rarely see GBA games price lowered. Like Mario Kart SC and most of the SMA's are still 30 every whee i look. Heres my list no particular system:

Burnout 3
Prince of Persia 2
Mario and Donkey Kong
Mortal Kombat Deception
all i can think about now

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If you have high speed internet, R&C 3 will be worth the full MSRP. I played that game to death during the beta and never got bored. I cannot wait until there are a ton of people on to be able to play aganist.

Metal Gear, Half-Life 2, Capcom fighting jam and this are the main games I plan on paying full MSRP for this holiday season.

aside from that everything else can go cheap before I purchase it.[/quote]

I'm looking forward to R&C 3, but I've been spolied by the TRU deal. I'll pick it up during the next TRU deal. Well, that and a Network Adapter, since I don't even own one! :cry:

My most wanted? Disgaea. I've missed out every single time it was on sale. Still waiting for a cheap price...

Right now I'm just waiting for a price drop on Need For Speed Underground. The sequel's coming out soon, so it should only be a matter of time.

Wind Waker is another one I'd like, but I've got enough Zelda to play though until I come across it on the cheap.

My list

Xbox:
Ninja Gaiden
SC: Pandora Tomorrow
The Guy Game :)
Burnout 3
PGR 2
Baldur's Gate 1+2
Fable
Tiger Woods 2005
X-Men Legends

Probably a couple dozen more I can't think of right now.

[quote name='Othergods']Ninja Gaiden

There is no need to wait for fable!!! It is worth the full $50.[/quote]

Speaking of spending $50 for a game is blasphemy on this site! :wink:

I think the only games I plan on actually paying full price for within the next two years are Donkey Konga and the new Zelda, because neither will drop in price for a long time. And, of course the handheld games, since they never drop in price, and also since I can't hold out on buying a DS. Aside from that, everything can wait until it becomes a GH.

[quote name='Othergods']Ninja Gaiden

There is no need to wait for fable!!! It is worth the full $50.[/quote]

Perhaps to you. I have a stack of RPGs that I've yet to play, most of which recieved better ratings and more critical acclaim than Fable.
I already own a bunch I need to play.. why would I run out and buy something that most reviewers and fans are saying is "kinda good"?

Haven and Everquest (PS2). When are they finally going to drop below $5! Seriously, though, I have become very bad at waiting for official price drops, since this site often allows me to get games cheaper than the price-drop price, long before the price drop (Hey, you should get this, it is only $20 now...No, I got it for $10, new, 4 months ago, thanks anyway). I will probably wait for Xmen Legends, and a few others that are currently under my radar.

bread's done
Back