What games in my collection are really worth my time?

M

mt benson

I haven't been playing Playstation 2 lately and been debating on games in my collection to play when I do decide to play.

PS One
Dino Crisis 1/2, Gran Turismo 2 and Parasite Eve 1/2

Playstation 2
Blood Will Tell, Crimson Tears, Dark Cloud 2, ESPN NFL 2k5, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Hot Shots Golf 4, Madden 2004, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, NCAA Football 2004, Ratchet & Clank/Going Commando, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Soul Calibur 2, Star Ocean: TTEOT, Tekken Tag, Tekken 5, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, Twisted Metal Black, Urban Reign, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, and WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain.

DC2.
FFX, X-2.
Shadow Hearts Covenant.
SMT: Nocturne.
Star Ocean.

Just my opinion.. but of course, I'm a pretty big fan of RPG's.

Only game on the list I'm not familiar with is Urban Reign. Mostly qualtiy games, can't go wrong with any of them. really depends on what type of gaming experience you're looking for.

VF4 Evo, NFL 2k5/Madden 2004, and Smackdown HCTP are games that you can pick up and play any time but also have enough depth to keep you occupied for hours at a time.

Ratchet and Clank series is fun. as are the old school mega man's. nice platforming fun.

SMT series is good, I liked what I've played of Nocturne.

Blood Will Tell is a good game. It is really under rated if you ask me. You should try to get the true ending in the game.

[quote name='jarvis307']i found this game to be painfully awful.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. It was painful to play. I wanted to fall asleep.

Madden 2004's mini games are fun.
ESPN NFL 2k5 is really fun once you start getting the hang of it.
Smackdown sucks, especially if you have ever played No Mercy on the N64.

[quote name='mt benson']I haven't been playing Playstation 2 lately and been debating on games in my collection to play when I do decide to play.

PS One
Dino Crisis 1/2, Gran Turismo 2 and Parasite Eve 1/2

Playstation 2
Blood Will Tell, Crimson Tears, Dark Cloud 2, ESPN NFL 2k5, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Hot Shots Golf 4, Madden 2004, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, NCAA Football 2004, Ratchet & Clank/Going Commando, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Soul Calibur 2, Star Ocean: TTEOT, Tekken Tag, Tekken 5, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, Twisted Metal Black, Urban Reign, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, and WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain.[/QUOTE]

It looks like you bought a bunch of good games with the intention, I would assume, to play them all. Mainly I think your choice of what to sink yourself into and thoroughly play is based on what you like the most.

I am a RPG fan, so personally I would definitely play Shadow Hearts Covenant, Final Fantasy X, and SMT: Nocturne. Dark Cloud 2 is good, especially if you prefer action RPGs.

Parasite Eve is a great game and I recommend it.

Ratchet & Clank is a great platformer series that you should at least try.

As far as the fighting games go, you can't go wrong with Soul Caliber, Tekken, or Virtua Fighter. Each one you can just pick up and play whenever. I prefer Soul Caliber because I like the weapon combat.

Sports titles come and go every year. Just play those when you feel like it, unless you have already replaced them with newer versions.

If you're a racing fan, Gran Turismo 2 is excellent if like some realism, lots of cars, and customization. But there are a lot of newer racing games that will look better than the PS1 graphics and can still give you the same/similar game play.

I don't know if you have any current gen systems, but these are the titles I thought were worth the time. Some of your games (Tekken Tag, Virtua Fighter 4, Ratchet and Clank) are good, but if you have a newer console I'd try to get the newest iterations (Tekken 6, Virtua Fighter 5, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction)

Dino Crisis 1 & 2
Parasite Eve 1 (Don't remember playing 2)

Blood Will Tell (It's a decent Onimusha-esque game)
Final Fantasy X
Mega Man Anniversary Colection

I'm not that big of an RPG fan though

Urban Reign , WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain , Tekken 5 , Ratchet & Clank/Going Commando are the games in your collection which are worth your time for sure and you would enjoy playing them again and again.....

Hi, I am newbie so I guess I will start from here.

Fighting -- King of Fighters

Platform -- Klonoa 2

Horror -- Silent Hill 3

RPG -- Shadow Hearts Covenant and Parasite Eve

Simulation -- Gran Turismo 4

Puzzle -- Katamari Damacy

Beat Em Up -- Godhand

Sports -- Winning Eleven Series

Action -- Devil May Cry 3

Strategy -- Final Fantasy Tactics from the PS1

bread's done
Back