What happen to Commander Keen?

Animefalcon

CAGiversary!
the game went gone once ID did Doom
BTW it start out as Super mario Bros 3 clone back before id was created

With the home PC boom of 1994/1995, there was a surge of shareware PC game compilations being sold at retail stores.

I had one with 300 games on it. It had all of the titles mentioned here and then some... and a ton of weird ones. Like "Barney Doom", where you shoot a bunch of Barney the Dinosaurs.

But, yeah; they should bring Commander Keen back. Possibly as an adult-themed game (not in terms of sex -- solely, anyway), as all the fans are grown up now.

[quote name='CappyCobra']Bring back Halloween Harry while you're at it goddamit. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Mmm apogee... I've been working on trying to figure out how to put all these games on my xbox with emulation. I played/still have almost all of the games made by apogee. That was probably the beginning of me being a cag, but that was cause it was all the money I had, buying apogee games for

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Commander Keen was the best. Anyone else remember Jazz Jackrabbit?[/QUOTE]
here you go

Because of this topic I been downloading Commander Keen and Jazz Jackrabbit but I keep getting an error saying [the file] The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. Anyone know what I can do?

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Because of this topic I been downloading Commander Keen and Jazz Jackrabbit but I keep getting an error saying [the file] The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. Anyone know what I can do?[/QUOTE]
try using DOSbox?
i got them runing on my old AMD K6 300MHZ with win98se

I so played then like when I was 5 (AND REMEMBER IT) lol it was so fun. It was kinda like SMB3 except you had a pogo stick and you went in caves and such.

apogee games rocked back in the day.
i have the old Jazz jackrabbit and a few commander keen 3.5"s

I forgot about captin comic or whatever and a few of the others..

I had to rebump this for the simple fact of:

Arctic Adventure
Comsos Cosmic Adventure
Crystal Caves
Electroman
Hocus Pocus
Jill of the Jungle
Monster Bash
Secret Agent

Those are some that I remember now...

UNLIKE most sites
http://www.classicdosgames.com

ONLY allows legally allowed downloads if you need your old school fix..

Hey, don't forget that Jazz Jackrabbit (and his archnemesis, Devan Shell) both appeared in Epic's "One Must Fall 2097" -- best robot fighting game ever.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Don't you kill Commander Keen and 3 other characters in the Super Secret Level in Doom 2?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, There are two "Super Secret" levels. First is a duplicate of the first level of Wolfenstein 3D redone in the Doom engine. Second again has Wolfenstein 3D people and textures, and has 4 Commander Keen's hanging at the end you can shoot.

[quote name='RELmajor03']Hey, don't forget that Jazz Jackrabbit (and his archnemesis, Devan Shell) both appeared in Epic's "One Must Fall 2097" -- best robot fighting game ever.[/QUOTE]

Then you might be interested in One Must Fall Battlegrounds....

16 player action online

http://www.omf.com/whatis/index.html

bread's done
Back