What happened to Hot Shots 5?

reiji

CAGiversary!
Anyone know what the release date for Hot Shots Golf 5 is? Every website and I've checked says 10/1/07, but it's nowhere to be found now. Gamestop actaully just removed it from their site altogether. :roll:

I think I remember reading it was missing some features/modes that were in previous editions of Hot Shots. Maybe they're delaying it so it's a more full-featured game, kind of how like MotorStorm was delayed so they could add an online mode.

Bummer. Thanks for the info. I was hoping to pick it up in the TRU sale along with Folklore, but I guess I'll have to find something else.

Well, since SCEA made zero announcement, I didn't expect it to come. Actually, the situation is, Europe doesn't get it until 2008, according to the PS magazine there.

The reason for the long wait is, after a game comes out to Japan, it either goes to SCEA or SCEE for the translation. Rogue Galaxy, Piyotama, etc. went straight to SCEA next, and all they have to do is translate the game to English. When it goes to SCEE 2nd (they usually get Ape Escape games and Hot Shots games 2nd), they have to translate the game into several languages, so it takes a lot of time (one reason it took us 10 months to get Hot Shots Tennis). SCEE took on HSG5 due to the series being a bit more popular in Europe I believe, but we'll still get the game after they do (all SCEA has to do is remove the PAL setup and several of the languages. SCEE has to add more languages, which is why it takes forever for Europe to get a game at times).

Yeah, it's a game I really want to, but since it wasn't shown at E3, I knew it would be early 08 (kind of like Ape Quest too on PSP).

bread's done
Back