What happened to SSX?

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Whats the deal? I really liked SSX and SSX 3. I thought they were really big hits as well. Now, its like it disappeared. Am I the only one out there asking this question?

50c5_32.JPG

Very cool launch title for :ps2: where is it for :ps3:?

they probably put the series on hold after ssx on tour( i dont think it did as well as the previous titles) shame though cause it was easily my favorite snowboarding game during the ps2 era. before that i was a cool boarders fan on the ps1. i regret never getting to play it online.

[quote name='Richlough']Try Downhill Domination , I think it's better .[/QUOTE]

I absolutely loved that game. However, I don't think it sold very well, but it was on par with SSX. I'd love to see a next gen version of DD.

Downhill domination is fun but its nothing like ssx. I the first ssx being the only ps2 game I had for about a year and I pretty much mastered it. Even though it was harder than the other ssx games I was throwing down crazy tricks down the whole mountain taking huge shortcuts which you can't do in downhill domination. The music in ssx is also much better than DD and the first ssx might have the best loading screen music ever. I didn't even care it was loading the music was so good.

Bring SSX back!

wasnt downhill domination that weird mountain bike game where you hit people with water bottles? if so it was a fun game good mucis as i recall to. i could go for an update to that old ps1 game where you were a bike messenger. havent seen or heard about that game in ages but it was fun as hell. i think you could do tricks in it.

I played the hell out of SSX Tricky. I actually played quite a bit of the first three. Pretty sure most consider SSX 3 the best, but I definitely put more into Tricky.

I'd love to see a (really good) version of the series on the 360. The Wii version sucked.

SSX3 is one of my all time favorite games. I absolutely love that game.

I've been tempted to try Stoked since it's gotten decent reviews, but I really want a new SSX.

I loved that game as well. Mastered the first game and did everything in it except a few tricks for Hiro because they were all backwards and different than his trick book.

got everything in tricky.

maxed out mac, zoe, and moby in 3 and stopped playing because everyone had the same abilities in the end.

the EABig brand really was a good one early on.

lets not forget about Freekstyle. kinda stupid at first but once you really got into the rhythm of it, it was a great game.

Tricky was the best followed by SSX3. On Tour sounded great in theory but something wasn't right in the execution. I really hope they bring it back but I do think that several years off is a GREAT idea (that every franchise should follow).

Seriously, I could really use another SSX title. I'll admit I didn't really care about the series until 3, but man 3 was just amazing(and still is!). On tour wasn't quite as fun, and I definitely didn't appreciate the style(SSX 3 felt unique with it's style and music, on tour seemed to capitilaze on that indie bloc party fad that was so prevalent at the time and just didn't embody the "ultra extreme snowboarding" feel like the others

i could go for an update to that old ps1 game where you were a bike messenger. havent seen or heard about that game in ages but it was fun as hell. i think you could do tricks in it.

Courier Crisis? I used to play the hell out of that game back in the day, some of those missions were so damn difficult though. I scored a copy a bit over a year ago when Gamestop was getting rid of their PS1 games and found it almost unplayable. It's hard to adapt back to that old 3D style, I call it "Twisted Metal Syndrome"

I love(d) ssx3...never really got into the other games in the series. Freekstyle is an amazing game. I absolutely love the "skatepark-meets-dirtbikes" levels that one had.

3 was the perfect mix of everything courses, races and music. the music in on tour was good too but my only thing i hated about on tour was i never felt like i accomplished anything. i played that game for a month and my ranking wasnt anywhere near what it should have been. if ssx3 works with the mgs bundle version ps3 then im gonna have to pick it up again. i had to get rid of on tour because it never worked right on mine.

freekstyle was cool but cheap. after the first few levels you couldnt keep your lead for shit. that games was a big controller thrower for me. had tons of personality though sucks they never did a sequel.

psymon was the man in those ssx games i never used anyone else until they let you make your own boarder.

bread's done
Back