What happened to the camraderie on this site?

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']So with the recent CC sale...how many CAG's were helpful to you?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't out for much, but Ender helped me out...rather we traded for the things we were looking for.

I don't look for stuff often but I usually find help when I need it. also, I don't find deals too often but I post what I can and hook people up when I can.

one thing that has changed (for the better imo)-- people seem more relaxed about talking about grabbing games to trade/ebay. anyone who mentioned grabbing extras w/out offering them all up to cag was castrated when I first joined. it was ineviatble that once cag got big, so called "hoarding" would be more out in the open...because it's not always a huge deal and let's face it, for every guy you bitch out for hoarding, there are like 500 lurkers out to do the same thing.

[quote name='Apossum']I wasn't out for much, but Ender helped me out.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Got Dawn of Souls and Warriors Xbox from Ender for $26 shipped. That's basically at cost + shipping. It shows there are some good CAGs out there for relative newbies like me to look up to.

As for comraderie, just from my observations over the past 2 months I've been a CAGer, it seems like the CAG of old I hear discussed seems to still exist. However, it's just harder to find. Some CAGers are rather hordish. For example, I had one CAGer (I won't name names) offer me a Halo Triple Pack he got from the CC sale for $35! That's a good $20 or so profit! However, others seemed to offer games reasonably with reasonable prices and trades.

Perhaps this is the misguided opinion of a n00b, but it seems like CAG is still alive and well... just more crowded.

[quote name='Hoffgod']Same here. Got Dawn of Souls and Warriors Xbox from Ender for $26 shipped. That's basically at cost + shipping. It shows there are some good CAGs out there for relative newbies like me to look up to.

As for comraderie, just from my observations over the past 2 months I've been a CAGer, it seems like the CAG of old I hear discussed seems to still exist. However, it's just harder to find. Some CAGers are rather hordish. For example, I had one CAGer (I won't name names) offer me a Halo Triple Pack he got from the CC sale for $35! That's a good $20 or so profit! However, others seemed to offer games reasonably with reasonable prices and trades.

Perhaps this is the misguided opinion of a n00b, but it seems like CAG is still alive and well... just more crowded.[/quote]

I've just joined recently, not even a month yet, but the people i've talked with have been really friendly and informative, there truly is a sense of camraderie. I really enjoy the community, of course i'm usually only on the canadian deals forums, the people whom i've met have been awesome. Just today there were a few RFD's at the EB i headed to for the donkey konga special (apparently one of the guys that was there posted what happened on RFD, i don't go to the site but my bro does and he told me when he got home haha) but even so, i wouldn't even know about the deal w/o the help of CAG. Well thats what i think at least *also a newb* *still has to check the faq to find out what YMMV, GGC etc* but so far its been an enjoyable experience :D

Yeah, after I couldnt find Drill Dozer at my local CC, I had a CAG offer one to me for his cost ($9 shipped), simply because he thought the game was fun and wanted someone else to have the chance to play it. Seriously, that is what he told me. I had to ask him if it was OK for me to Paypal him $15 instead, so he could have a little for shipping, gas, effort, etc. :)

But I can see what people are talking about...I see a lot of auctions listed in the other forum where people are selling CC games for $20-$30. Not sure what to think about that. :whistle2:(

Hmmm interesting..i joined in 03 and had to rejoin in 04 b/c i lost me login crap...but back then i would always post about 'DONT POST CHEAP GAMES THAT WORK FOR TRADE INS...like PO's at EB" but people would do it anyway....the only trade in deals for games i would use were outlaw golf or outlaw volleyball (games no one wanted and if they did I had like 50 copies to give away) i tried to tell people not to post up too much stuff and now resort to PM's on most good deals to share with certain members. I have been looking for Metal Slug 4&5 to PLAY it for some time but no ones helped out....still waiting on that PM....but yeah this site attracts soooo many hoarders its sick....hell I came to this site on 2003 b/c I met a CAG who gave me a cheapy printed out list in CC that year and he told me about the site. As far as people crying about getting stuff...well I have met some CAG people in person at CC getting games for deals who will give m copies if they have a few in their hand or cart and then Ive also seen the hoarders who get there first day opening time during the week like A@@holes and horde or even a week before then return for the price reduction even in bulk quantities...its absolute bullshite...not one game was available at my CC for this sale the idiot went a week before and got EVERY SINGLE game that was on for this sale....i know an employee there who used to work for TRU and he says they all hate him but the didstrict manager wants numbers and doesnt care.....Im at the point where I wanna call CC corporate and complain...they need to cap this guy at the 3 of the same title limit...its sick. i thought for the longest time it was a CAg with red hair...turns out thats the nice CAg and its this "week before" the sale guy who buys everything thats screwing everyone in my area

PS- Its the CC in somerville NJ...I think he goes to the CC in phillipsburg Nj as well....man this guy is gay

I've got 2 copies of Outlaw Golf for Gamecube if anyone's interested! ;)

One was mine and one was for a friend who already had it... and they just sit there... what a terrible game...

[quote name='javeryh']I've got 2 copies of Outlaw Golf for Gamecube if anyone's interested! ;)

One was mine and one was for a friend who already had it... and they just sit there... what a terrible game...[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA...thats what im talking about...i posted up about that trade in deal at eb...man $45 ROI on each set of 4-5 games I traded...all $1-$2 games at Blockbuster.....anywho ANYONE HAVE METAL SLUG 4&5? Please shoot me a PM otherwise at this rate it will be on sale everywhere else for cheap.....

[quote name='Daddy']Hmmm interesting..i joined in 03 and had to rejoin in 04 b/c i lost me login crap...but back then i would always post about 'DONT POST CHEAP GAMES THAT WORK FOR TRADE INS...like PO's at EB" but people would do it anyway....the only trade in deals for games i would use were outlaw golf or outlaw volleyball (games no one wanted and if they did I had like 50 copies to give away) i tried to tell people not to post up too much stuff and now resort to PM's on most good deals to share with certain members. I have been looking for Metal Slug 4&5 to PLAY it for some time but no ones helped out....still waiting on that PM....but yeah this site attracts soooo many hoarders its sick....hell I came to this site on 2003 b/c I met a CAG who gave me a cheapy printed out list in CC that year and he told me about the site. As far as people crying about getting stuff...well I have met some CAG people in person at CC getting games for deals who will give m copies if they have a few in their hand or cart and then Ive also seen the hoarders who get there first day opening time during the week like A@@holes and horde or even a week before then return for the price reduction even in bulk quantities...its absolute bullshite...not one game was available at my CC for this sale the idiot went a week before and got EVERY SINGLE game that was on for this sale....i know an employee there who used to work for TRU and he says they all hate him but the didstrict manager wants numbers and doesnt care.....Im at the point where I wanna call CC corporate and complain...they need to cap this guy at the 3 of the same title limit...its sick. i thought for the longest time it was a CAg with red hair...turns out thats the nice CAg and its this "week before" the sale guy who buys everything thats screwing everyone in my area

PS- Its the CC in somerville NJ...I think he goes to the CC in phillipsburg Nj as well....man this guy is gay[/QUOTE]

Pm'd

[quote name='noodles']Yeah, after I couldnt find Drill Dozer at my local CC, I had a CAG offer one to me for his cost ($9 shipped), simply because he thought the game was fun and wanted someone else to have the chance to play it. Seriously, that is what he told me. I had to ask him if it was OK for me to Paypal him $15 instead, so he could have a little for shipping, gas, effort, etc. :)

But I can see what people are talking about...I see a lot of auctions listed in the other forum where people are selling CC games for $20-$30. Not sure what to think about that. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
I've got a Drill Dozer story too! :D

SpottedNigel's been in the OTT for years and, since we're both in the Metro Detroit area, we've done a lot of talking since I've been on the site. Out of theh blue, he mentioned that he had an extra copy of Drill Dozer he'd bought for a CAG who had found one on his own. Even though he only knew me from CAG, he had no issues with me driving to his comic book store to pick it up and pay for it ($10, because the $9.50 it would've cost with our sales tax is a silly number).

Sure, that story's not your usual trade, but the bottom line remains the same: some people are willing to do nice things for you.

I'm not sure if we can say that things have changed; we've had scammers since the days of Cloudspekk. Back then, though, it seemed like the entire site jumped on tat one incident and participated, even if most of us were limited to posting in the thread and contributing logical arguments at most. If that happened now, how many people would even care? As more people post here, the site's going to feel less personal.

Maybe you guys could try limiting your trading to people who've posted in this thread and relate to you? ;)

Needless to say the one game I wanted from the current 16.99 CC "sale" was Godfather LE on Xbox and was hooked up via trade.

Even though I tried hooking up Daddy, he left me hanging so I no longer feel sorry for him if he wines about not getting any games he wanted.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']Needless to say the one game I wanted from the current 16.99 CC "sale" was Godfather LE on Xbox and was hooked up via trade.

Even though I tried hooking up Daddy, he left me hanging so I no longer feel sorry for him if he wines about not getting any games he wanted.[/quote]

I remember when you tryed to make 50% profit on the 5-6 Phoenix Wrights you had off everyone here. That was the final moment in which I realized CAG was completely dead.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I remember when you tryed to make 50% profit on the 5-6 Phoenix Wrights you had off everyone here. That was the final moment in which I realized CAG was completely dead.[/QUOTE]

Youre absolutely right. Some people I do charge more to. Ive never hid that fact. I see no reason to help someone when they didnt want to help me when I approached them. There are people here that I wouldnt charge a single extra penny for anything Ive picked up. I keep track of those that I try to deal with and wont make a trade or a sale unless theyre getting the better end and those that actually work with me are remembered. Saying 50% sounds much worse than saying 10.00 over what I paid plus s/h but youre more than welcome to call it as you see. So I guess that 1 strike far outweighs all the other times from the CC 4.99 sale to the 9.99 TRU sale and current 16.99 sale of offering 5.00 over what I paid shipped. Im the fucking devil.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']Saying 50% sounds much worse than saying 10.00 over what I paid plus s/h but youre more than welcome to call it as you see.[/quote]

You were asking for either $50 or $60. Cant remember exactly, but I know it was almost 100% profit... I was being nice with 50%. Unless your store sold Phoenix Wright for $45, I'd suggest you'd shut up now.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']You were asking for either $50 or $60. Cant remember exactly, but I know it was almost 100% profit... I was being nice with 50%. Unless your store sold Phoenix Wright for $45, I'd suggest you'd shut up now.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned how they were getting 50-60 on ebay, which I sold one at that price to pay for one and then my own, and I went below ebay and said 45.00 shipped.
29.99 plus tax is 32.46. So 13.00 over isnt even 50% profit. Do I still need to shut up or do you want to continue? Ill even go as far as to admit there was one person that I dont like, dont like how he is on this site and had hit me up for one and I quoted him 55.00.

CAG is a site of cheap asses and cheap asses are inherently self-interested. That said, there's still a number of people on here who'll hook you up with stuff... it helps to know people relatively well, but in general, I think that CAG still has a lot of people who are willing to help out... we probably have more worthless people on here than before, but it's not as though the helpful segment of the community is anywhere near dead.

I tend to try to get more for my games but the shear mentality of some people here are crazy. I remember people wanting me to send wavebird bundles for $9, despite the fact that i'd be loosing money. I ended up trading most of them here and sold 1-2 copies of the games to swapyourgames.com to abuse their trade-in prices on mario party 4. For the most part everyone was happy. I got some games I couldnt find in my stores and other people got wavebirds at about 1/2 of what they would have normally paid.

For a game like Disgaea or the RE's I can't believe people think anyone is going to look at em seriously unless they offer $25 shipped MINIMUM.

Also i've met a few good CAG's. Mostly in the penny guide boards as we tend to hook each other up and swap guides for cheap. I remember one time during last CC sale I bumped into another CAG and we split up our lists and double teamed that store before all the fatwallet people could get there. We ended up finding a few games that were on both our lists but only had 1 copy of each. We just split em up between us so we both got what we wanted and we both left happy. I just wish I had gotten his name now.

I'll go ahead and post a list later today of everyone on this site who has helped me for cost + shipping... espically during the Gamecrazy sale.

Camaderie on this site is alive and well but you have to give something TO the community to expect something BACK.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'll go ahead and post a list later today of everyone on this site who has helped me for cost + shipping... espically during the Gamecrazy sale.

Camaderie on this site is alive and well but you have to give something TO the community to expect something BACK.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth.

I'm more interested in trading then selling almost always. I never like selling on Ebay and hate middle-manning for buying something for selling at cost. I always viewed CAG as a community where gamers should profit off of other gamers in simply sharing the same experiences rather then their cash.

i sell on CAG because it's a good market with no middleman - i charge what i think is fair, and i know i have given good deals.

i don't think there's anything wrong with selling games here- i live nowhere close to a gaming store so CAG is the best (and cheapest) place for me to buy games.

I love the community here.

I came to CAG just this year (feb) and I migrated here from the X-Play boards (which I had been a member of for over 5 years) over at G4tv.com, and the community is 10000000000 times better than that run down place.

Plain and simple, the x-play boards over there had become overrun with console fanboys, console war threads and everybody putting down everyone else. I had split my time between here and the x-play boards for about 2 months time, and if april of this year, I quit there and devoted my full time to CAG.

Why? it's simple. this place is nothing like there. I've heard horror stories of gamefaqs and I refuse to go to gamespot's forums, and this place has become a haven for me. There's almost no hostility compared to x-play, not much fanboyism reaches outside of their respective threads and the community here is just so dedicated and great :D

and the podcasts are fantastic too. I love it here and I plan to stay on CAG for years to come.

I love it here, i feel some of my best deals have been thanks to helpful OP's on this site, detailing information ona sale or a coupon.

Although i am curious.... what was DDS in 2005? lol

DDS was $20 @ TRU/GameCrazy, and I sold a few sealed extras to other CAGs for about $30 - $40. Now it can get as high as $150+.

Typically as a community we shun the annoying, or the annoying stay mostly as lurkers. We are all awesome.

In terms of quick profit though (reference to OP), I'll be the first to admit I'll hoard on the last day of a sale, and last year when I picked up 20 copies of Fatal Frame 3 for $9.98 I offered them to CAGs for $20 shipped. Another CAG reamed me for hoarding, even though the next day the price went up to $19.98, so I technically helped out a lot of CAGs who wanted the game. I also managed to get away with murder with that 5/$25 GR coupon, but I just flipped the games back into GR for more credit (which is all I wanted to do). Imagine the chaos of PMs if I offered all other CAGs a chance to buy those games for $20 shipped. My PM box would have been full after 10 minutes. It's really just a nature of "is the money I make worth it NOT to give other CAGs a chance." And to be honest, doubling your money (especially on such a large scale) was definitely worth it.

There are however the "equivalent exchanges", where game X was bought for $10 from TRU, but I want game Y, so CAG Z agrees to trade with me. That's the idea of community I've come to expect from CAG.

1up.com and gamespot both have MILLIONs of users. I like that I actually really know many of the people on here and run into people who live in the same area (and the same small town even!!!). The community and connection we share is much better. Complain as much as you want about how some people want more for games than they paid. Realize that on 1up.com they would want WAY more than pretty much anyone on here would for their stuff.

I been lurking this site for years and at that last TRU sale awhile back one guy totally cleaned out all the DDS and Fatal Frames. :(

11 copies of DDS he bought, All I left with was Rumble Roses and freaking table tennis. I would happily be that guy but to help out some fellow CAG'ers. Every time I come home with dollars or 5's I throw them in my secret drawer just for a special occasion like TRU or any other store clearances.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Yep. When you get a board this big, the vast majority of members become people looking for a free hookup, without any desire to contribute or reciprocate at all.

Best solution is to go under the table and pick someone specific to offer a deal to. Back when I joined, I had 3 spare Dreamcast games of not-too-much value that I decided I wanted to give away. Rather than just say 'who wants 'em?' and risk some lurker's bot making the deal, I poked around the old school thread until I spotted by a topic by OTM saying he just got a DC and was game-hunting. He seemed kewl, so I PMd the offer. (That gets the best reactions, BTW. confuses people. "You want these for free?" Reply ".... like, for no money?" :bouncy: )[/quote]

Wow, thats really says something to me. I mean, there needs to be "tags" or "titles" for trusted non jerk CAGs.

I actually remmember those good ol times, where I could get those cheap CC and TRU games for maybe a dollar or more than what the trader bought it for. Now all people want is profit. You know, profiting off cheap video games isnt a smart business...get a job.

Most of us just want to play the games, there not for collecting, we dont want our wallets to be raped over and over, collecting games is just sad. Highest value is probably $300, collect cars or something :p

There hasnt really been a HUGE deal I wanted in on lately but I got in on a minor one that I passed on several deals at cost +5.00 for s/h.

I wanted to get in on some of the Comp USA deal this past week but I knew the prices were too good to get passed along at cost plus shipping do I didnt bother. For the most part, it seems to have gotten better I suppose.

[quote name='SL4IN']

Plain and simple, the x-play boards over there had become overrun with console fanboys, console war threads and everybody putting down everyone else. I had split my time between here and the x-play boards for about 2 months time, and if april of this year, I quit there and devoted my full time to CAG.

[/quote]

It's like that here as well, but besides that the community is great, CAGs have hooked me up with some cheap games I couldn't find at some places, and the podcasts are really fun to listen to. I can't complain much. :D

Hey, It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one that can't take advantage of most if not all the deals here. Due to my rural location, the nearest game store is Wal-Mart ~30 miles from here. So I am forced to rely on others, I can't even take part in online deals, as I am underage and my grandmother is afraid of "Identity Theft by the Bad People".

[quote name='reicaden']I love it here, i feel some of my best deals have been thanks to helpful OP's on this site, detailing information ona sale or a coupon.

Although i am curious.... what was DDS in 2005? lol[/quote]

Since no one answered what was probably your original question, it is Digital Devil Saga. A game you can sell new now for $150+ easy.

CAG ever becoming popular in the first place ruined the point of the site a long time ago.

No one but rabid hoarders ever gets super crazy deals anymore, unless someone, once in a blue moon, discovers something before they do.

Profits > your enjoyment (this works for most human beings, sorry)

[quote name='djkunai']

Typically as a community we shun the annoying, or the annoying stay mostly as lurkers. We are all awesome.[/quote]

Hey now, I may lurk sometimes, but I like annoying people at times with my anti-GS and other various rants. And, unlike some(who shall remain nameless but tried whoring out a copy of Intelligent Qube for PS1 to me for $30 over what they paid just because 'thats less than what it sells for on Ebay so I'm giving you an zomg deal'), I have sold my games I got cheap for cheap most times.

Sure, sometimes I try and whore out a game I think may have value or not want to 'give away' my shit for next to nothing(see all of my former Gamecube bundle rants), but eventually I just realize no one is gonna buy them @ that price and either lower them or sell them locally so I don't have to worry about being further lowballed when trying to figure out cost effective methods of shipping.

That brings me to lowballers, which seem to be prevalent on this site all too often. You will post what you feel is a fair price, then someone shoots you a PM that barely covers shipping and maybe covers cost. I find it insulting that people assume to know what I paid for an item, so they'll shoot me their 'offer' and if I scoff @ it, I get told my 'shit is worthless'.

Fair warning, if you're one of these douchebags, keep your 'fair offers' outta my PM box because you'll just be wasting your time and mine.

I've dealt with many great CAGs on here in the past couple years(Roufuss, Shrike, FOnewearl), but for every great deal, I've had offer after counter offer after offer which ended up going nowhere.

I've also dealt with some before(won't mention names but you know who you are), who have proceeded to take it upon themselves to take a jab or two at me when I was 'being unreasonable' before.

There's definitely ALOT of great people on here, but for every great trader/poster, you get 10 assholes signing up for this site lately. You just have to weed through the hoarders and gougers to find those CAGs who still believe in getting and giving deals cheap.

It's awesome here, but it's okay to hoard sometimes(I've never hoarded, BTW). Not because we're taking away from CAGs- we just don't want the bastards from GameFAQs and slickdeals to get them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's definitely ALOT of great people on here, but for every great trader/poster, you get 10 assholes signing up for this site lately. You just have to weed through the hoarders and gougers to find those CAGs who still believe in getting and giving deals cheap.[/quote]

Ya, but remember, this site is called "Cheap Ass Gamer." Cheap ass doesn't exactly have a positive conotation, though most embrace the name.

i agree with the op.. people have wanted trades for free arcade codes and even live gold 48 hr codes..it's getting to be re-god damn-diculous

[quote name='Unickuta']It's awesome here, but it's okay to hoard sometimes(I've never hoarded, BTW). Not because we're taking away from CAGs- we just don't want the bastards from GameFAQs and slickdeals to get them.

Ya, but remember, this site is called "Cheap Ass Gamer." Cheap ass doesn't exactly have a positive conotation, though most embrace the name.[/quote]

I've hoarded(guides) and learned my lesson from that. Now, I go after specific ones from each drop and leave the rest of the crap, though it kills me to know that those will probably end up dumpstered or landfilled and essentially wasted.

And believe me, I fit that mostly cheapass connotation to a T, Unickuta.

As for the XBox Live codes, I bought an expired card/headset set from Sears about a year ago for $2. The headset was worth $2 to me, so I'm giving the 12 month code to a CAG for gratis, since it's of no use to me because I have NO desire to play online for ANY reason.

I look at it as why let it go to waste, when I'm sure SOMEONE can use them, since they say even the expired codes are still valid.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Hey, It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one that can't take advantage of most if not all the deals here. Due to my rural location, the nearest game store is Wal-Mart ~30 miles from here. So I am forced to rely on others, I can't even take part in online deals, as I am underage and my grandmother is afraid of "Identity Theft by the Bad People".[/QUOTE]No excuse! I reccomend you look into the wonderful world of pre paid VISA and green dot cards! It's like a gift card you can use ANYWHERE (even on the internet)

I know alot of banks carry them and many stores..google it!

After running across someone on here that had gotten in on a KILLER deal for a game that I was gonna get my gf for x-mas, I had hit them up because he reported getting extras.

Normally I wouldnt have asked but I did this guy a HUGE favor and was thinking the karma would come back my way. NOT.

Overall things have gone smooth lately.

[quote name='Persona7']No excuse! I reccomend you look into the wonderful world of pre paid VISA and green dot cards! It's like a gift card you can use ANYWHERE (even on the internet)

I know alot of banks carry them and many stores..google it![/quote]

Actually, check out Vanilla Visa too, since the Green Dot ones have monthly maintenance fees of $2 or so, which could eat up the value of a card fairly quickly if you don't use it up fast. Albeit, most places charge $6 on top of the face value of the card for you to 'buy it' from them, but as far as I can tell there are NO monthly fees with it.

This is not just a CAG thing, its a general public thing. When a store has a major clearance you cannot expect that they will have the game you want, its a clearance for that reason, they want to get rid of stuff. The retail store is there to get rid of stuff, and anyone can buy it.

Video games are more popular than ever, and there are many hoarders of the general public that follow these sites like you and I do, so your not just competing with people from here, your competing with everyone in your area who wants to buy video game x for their kids for christmas and who wants to buy video game x to resell on ebay for a profit.

As evidenced by recent liquidation sales here, people will hoard up anything if its cheap (or perceived to be cheap by the store) and either resell it or give it to their kids for christmas. So if a game is marked 10$ on the shelf that was originally 50$ (and the price tag says so) the gift giving buyers will buy it and the hoarders will buy it and the people that want the game will buy it.

Christ Will you admitted to charging more for people you didn't like , that's fucked up ! :lol:

Anyway i've noticed it is a lot more acceptable to say yes i'm going to buy a bunch of these to flip then it was a few years ago. Site has a lot more hoarders but it isn't like the entire community went to hell, there are still plenty of CAGS that have helped me out on stuff even now so until everyone starts marking their finds up 70 percent i'm still on board for CAG.

[quote name='coolsteel']Christ Will you admitted to charging more for people you didn't like , that's fucked up ! :lol:

Anyway i've noticed it is a lot more acceptable to say yes i'm going to buy a bunch of these to flip then it was a few years ago. Site has a lot more hoarders but it isn't like the entire community went to hell, there are still plenty of CAGS that have helped me out on stuff even now so until everyone starts marking their finds up 70 percent i'm still on board for CAG.[/QUOTE]

I will say still the same. No one wants to buy extras for anyone most of the time.

Then again WHAT SALES ....... I cant remember the last time a major sale happen (i think the last major good sale was MARCH 2007 so over a year ago.

There are alot more horaders on this site then ever, but none of them have the guts or balls to admit they got 4 copies of a game. At least when i grab games i will say I took 3 copies .

One more bad thing is more sites are around today then few years back.

Say i go to CC and find a game for 10 bucks that sells for 40. People here will want you to sell that game for sale 18 to 20 ?? Guessing shipped (3 for shipping and 5 for time. 2 for misc)

BUT you can sell this game to Gamefly for 25 bucks
or
you can post the game on goozex and get 900 pts for it and get 2 to 3 games that you want to a major game noone would ever give you for a 10 buck game.

Personally i know 2 years back if i picked up more then one copy of a game I would say I got extra copies here but now this is how it goes

1.... Goozex
2.... gamefly
3..... HERE
4.... Ebay or back to store

That with lack of sales really hurts the trading help here. ALso if you know you can get the same amount of money locally for a trader why risk it and send the game to someone

I think that is why you dont see much I GOT EXTRA Topics anymore

I know I have picked up a few things for people, and people have picked up a few things for me. There are a lot of hoarders and a lot of dicks, but there are still plenty of great CAGs I have interacted with.

I completely stopped posting here anytime I got extras, I used to give good deals a long time ago here, but now it seems if I post that I got certain items cheap, it always results in 10 people e-mailing me about various items. I will respond to all 10, 8 will not respond back, 1 will respond to tell me I'm charging too much, and maybe if I'm lucky I sell something to the last one after haggling with them forever.

Although I have had one good sell on here lately, and I do appreciate that. :)

[quote name='slidecage']
There are alot more horaders on this site then ever, but none of them have the guts or balls to admit they got 4 copies of a game. At least when i grab games i will say I took 3 copies .

One more bad thing is more sites are around today then few years back.[/quote]

I've admitted to flipping copies of the Dynasty Warriors: Gundam game from CC to Blockbuster, to the tune of 4-8 copies of it, but only in the BBV thread.

However, any time I have mentioned that abc store in my area has copies of x and y game, those copies disappear seemingly overnight. So anymore, I just use the generic 'my local Kmart' term. Mind you, I know there's hoarders who tear through a couple of my local stores, since they don't give a shit about anything but getting the games and will leave the $19.99 and under rack in shambles after they leave.

As for me, I'm a member of both Slick Deals AND Fat Wallet besides CAG, though I rarely go to either of those sites.

Right now, I'm sitting on the few games I do have still sealed, mainly since they're games I intend to play or ones that may go up in value after they're out of print.

I haven't bought extras or really helped too many people around here lately, namely due to the hoarders cleaning out my local stores. Otherwise, I might charge maybe $3-5 over shipping + cost, but I'm not usually out to make a mint on anyone.

I wish we could say the same about some CAG's though, not mentioning any names, but the one asshole who had Mario DDR listed for $100+ on their TL after bragging about getting 3-4 copies from Sears comes to mind.

[quote name='coolsteel']Christ Will you admitted to charging more for people you didn't like , that's fucked up ! :lol:[/QUOTE]

It is what it is. When I first joined, it was tough getting in on most deals and then not getting any hook ups from anyone here.

Slowly but surely I learned why. There are alot of people that bandwagon the site when a major deal goes down and theyre only here to "get theirs" and bail.

Maybe some saw me that way and now I get it.

I dont bother posting what deals I get in on much anymore because Im eventually mauled by noobs that arent looking to contribute a f'n thing to CAG.

I try hooking up those that are hooking up others and Ill be the first to admit Ill try getting over on someone thats only out for themself.

As an example, a local CAG wanted a game from TRU that was on clearance a few yrs back. I was able to snag one from a non-local TRU. He said cool wait till he could get the pay pal and he would pay. Over a month later I hit him up for the money and he says "Oh damn, sorry about that. I got it cheaper elsewhere." My fault for trusting a local CAG and not keeping the receipt.

I think my 'tude is a bit more tamed since I changed my id from Stink Pickle to Will lol.

I think the lowest point on this site for me was when some douchebag from Austin was ripping 3 or 4 people off on here for their psp for a ipod or some shit like that.

I took everyones info, proof they had the guy got what he was suppose to etc etc..went to the apt...busted the kids scheme, and got people their shit back. I didnt ask nor want a single thing. All I had in mind was pass the karma along.

When one of those people that were able to get their shit back because of the work I put in, got in on a nice deal for a game I wanted to get for my gf, I simply asked to get in on one of the few they picked up and I was basically told to go fuck myself for asking to get one at cost plus shipping.

I didnt think it was out of line to ask that thinking maybe he would remember what I did for him but apparently that good deed wasnt remembered.

People will learn how to deal on here, learn to watch who does what for who, and then hook up those that deserve it.

PS-
I still say fuck slidecage for being a hoarder overcharging people for clearance games lol.

[quote name='slidecage']I will say still the same. No one wants to buy extras for anyone most of the time.

I think that is why you dont see much I GOT EXTRA Topics anymore[/QUOTE]

If they're like me, they don't have as much extra money to spend on extras when they hit the clearance sales as they used to, and I was a member long before the $4.99 Circuit City sale.

Back when I was able to buy extras for other people on this site, I was making more money and spending less on gas, but the combination of those two evils has made it so I can't even buy myself a copy of every cheap game I run into these days.

Let's face it - the failing economy and high gas prices are affecting everyone, even the cheapasses like us.

On top of that, you can't even trade anything away anymore if it's not "TEH RARE" or the latest PS3, Wii or Xbox 360 game that just came out last week because that's all anyone seems to want in the trading thread these days. Of course, I've made this statement many times and it still goes unheard.

Right now, I'm sitting on two full cardboard boxes of extra copies of last-gen games in my storage unit I had hoped to trade just to get other mid-to-common games I wanted, but I'll probably end up selling them now because I need the gas money for work.

bread's done
Back