What happened to the Gamer Cift Card?

mdm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
What happened to the Gamer Cift Card?

I went to a Best Buy, saw they had one of the old ones left, tried it but the coupon was expired. There wasn't a new one to take its place. Is the dream over? Do some Best Buys have an updated $5 off $19.99 or more?

Er, nevermind, it somewhat explains the situation, but not really.

Anyone here know of any Best Buys in the Twin Cities MN area that have the 2005 GGCs? I can tell you that the Burnsville one only has $30 and up PS2, EA ones and some stupid shit game card with no coupon at all. Whoopee.

they should honor the 2004 GGC. the BB stores near me do.

As for the GGC, there are 3 of them now: $5 off $20+ game or accessory, $5 off a $30+ EA sports game, $5 off a $30+ xbox game or accessory, $5 off a $30+ sony game or accessory, $5 off a $30+ nintendo game or accessory

obviously the $5 off a $20 game or accessory are the good ones.

So they are elusive, but still exist? Thanks, that's all I need to know. Further research is required.

And the one that I got at Burnsville, the old one, did not work. The employee sucked.

Thanks Kayden, I'll be sure to go to that Best Buy from now on for my GCC needs. I probably would have went the other day to there, but the online store said they didn't have Zoo Keeper (either that or not enough Zoo keepers so that it would show up for in store pickup), plus their Pokémon Colosseums were probably all "BEST SELLER" or "PLAYER'S CHOICE" or "UGLY BRAND THAT PEOPLE WOULD RATHER DO WITHOUT".

Here's hoping to Best Buy having Pokémon Emerald on sale so I can gamer gift card it to a price that is so low that the Pokémon games will never reach in a million years.

The old black ones are still around, -$5 on any game greater than or equal to $19.99 ... but the $5 coupon expired Dec. 31, 2004. They kind of have the right to not honor it, but I'm sure you could find someone who does.

The best are the green ones that expire Dec. 31, 2005. No longer in production, but you can still find them pretty easily at stores. I bought about 10 of them a while back ... there's plenty at my store, but I doubt I'll use more than 10 of them before Dec. 31.

Otherwise you're going to have to stick to the new, sucky ones described by dracula above. They are for games $30 and up, and are divided by console (and another one for EA games).

My BB's all have the 2005 lime green ones. I used to think I should pick up a bunch because they were going away, but they always have them.

[quote name='chickenhawk']My BB's all have the 2005 lime green ones. I used to think I should pick up a bunch because they were going away, but they always have them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i'd be willing to bet 80% of the Chicagoland BB's still have the lime green good ones.

The coupon is clearly labeled on the back. Just remember it has to be a gamer's gift card and lime green.

bread's done
Back