What Happened To The Goatee?

[quote name='The Don']Why did the goatee fall out of popularity?[/QUOTE]
It did?
Or is it just not emo? :lol:

[quote name='6669']It did?
Or is it just not emo? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm rocking a goatee.

That means it's definitely emo ;)

It went out of style cause almost every guy that had facial hair had a goatee.
Think about it, when you see someone with facial hair its not a beard, or a mustache, its a goatee.

[quote name='CitizenB']It went out of style cause almost every guy that had facial hair had a goatee.
Think about it, when you see someone with facial hair its not a beard, or a mustache, its a goatee.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I'm really lazy and don't feel like shaving for a week and then I rock the beard.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hey, I'm rocking a goatee.

That means it's definitely emo ;)[/QUOTE]
None of the emo boys at my school have them. Then again, most of them cant grow them :lol:

[quote name='6669']None of the emo boys at my school have them. Then again, most of them cant grow them :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think I'm the oldest emo in the world :(

[quote name='CitizenB']It went out of style cause almost every guy that had facial hair had a goatee.
Think about it, when you see someone with facial hair its not a beard, or a mustache, its a goatee.[/quote]I've got a soul patch going. I win.

I still have one from time to time. I need to differentiate myself from that goody-goody alternate universe me.

[quote name='jmcc']I need to differentiate myself from that goody-goody alternate universe me.[/QUOTE]What do you mean by that? Does the goatee signify something evil or badass?

[quote name='jmcc']I still have one from time to time. I need to differentiate myself from that goody-goody alternate universe me.[/QUOTE]
You mean Bizarro jmcc? :lol:

[quote name='LiquidNight']People still have goatees, its not like they're unpopular or anything.[/QUOTE]Yeah, of course people still have goatees, but i remember about a decade ago, every guy had one.

[quote name='The Don']Yeah, of course people still have goatees, but i remember about a decade ago, every guy had one.[/QUOTE]
Guys can increase their hotness with a goatee. You're either just too emo, or the girl you wanted's b/f has one, and you cant grow one. ;)
[quote name='jmcc']Err! He's such a wiener![/QUOTE]
Yeah, that explains some of your posts :lol: j/k

[quote name='6669']Guys can increase their hotness with a goatee. You're either just too emo, or the girl you wanted's b/f has one, and you cant grow one. ;)[/QUOTE]Um, for you information, I do have a goatee. I used to have it grow long, but recently I have been trimming it really short. Now, I am wondering if I should just shave it all off, because 1. the girl that I love might not like guys who are not shaven and 2. emo guys don't have goatees. I created this thread, because I was wondering why the goatee has fallen out of popularity. Almost no one in my school has one anymore. I think it looks good on me, but I feel kind of dumb being one of the only kids who has one.

Huh. I didn't realize it was in and then fell out of fashion.

I usually wear a goatee because my wife hates "how young I look" clean shaven. But, since it is getting colder, and I've been lazier, I've been letting it grow into a beard for a few weeks, and then shaving it clean again...

[quote name='The Don'] I think it looks good on me, but I feel kind of dumb being one of the only kids who has one.[/QUOTE]

You must blend in. To not blend in would be to be yourself, and we can't have that.

[quote name='The Don']Um, for you information, I do have a goatee. I used to have it grow long, but recently I have been trimming it really short. Now, I am wondering if I should just shave it all off, because 1. the girl that I love might not like guys who are not shaven and 2. emo guys don't have goatees. I created this thread, because I was wondering why the goatee has fallen out of popularity. Almost no one in my school has one anymore. I think it looks good on me, but I feel kind of dumb being one of the only kids who has one.[/QUOTE]
She might not like it? What if she does like it? I think you're tryin to hard to be something you're possibly not (emo). If other girls think you look better with it, then you should keep it.

The goatee is making a comeback!!!1111
Pirates-of-the-Caribbean---Orlando-Bloom-Poster-C10127616.jpeg

Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean%201.jpg

Vendetta_mask.jpg

Don't fret that you are one of the few in your school that still wears it, be original, be unique and at the very least the fad will come around again and soon you will be part of the facial hair majority again.

[quote name='Roufuss']So is that guy from V for Vendetta... wow he bitched alot during that movie.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

I don't think any of those examples are actually goatees. I think it has to actually come below the chin (to look like a goat) to be a goatee. I'm not sure what those below would be called but not a goatee.

Edit: after some thought the below are all examples of a Van Dyke.

[quote name='6669']The goatee is making a comeback!!!1111
Pirates-of-the-Caribbean---Orlando-Bloom-Poster-C10127616.jpeg

Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean%201.jpg

Vendetta_mask.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='6669']She might not like it? What if she does like it? I think you're tryin to hard to be something you're possibly not (emo). If other girls think you look better with it, then you should keep it.[/QUOTE]Well, I kind of have a feeling most girls these days don't like goatees, because all the guys have clean-shaven faces. I really do think I'm emo. I may not look emo, but I know I'm emo on the inside. My behavior and the reactions that I get from people, like the unrequited love that I experience and the aloofness that others present to me, proves that I am emo. I don't know if other girls think I look better with it. I just think I look good with it. Ever since I had hair on my chin, I have never completely shaven it off. I am afraid to try and shave it all off, because I might not like that look. I am afraid that I would look too young or something.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']I don't think any of those examples are actually goatees. I think it has to actually come below the chin (to look like a goat) to be a goatee. I'm not sure what those below would be called but not a goatee.[/QUOTE]
You mean like this?
shaggy.jpg

edit. They're called a "Van Dyke"

[quote name='The Don']Well, I kind of have a feeling most girls these days don't like goatees, because all the guys have clean-shaven faces. I really do think I'm emo. I may not look emo, but I know I'm emo on the inside. My behavior and the reactions that I get from people, like the unrequited love that I experience and the aloofness that others present to me, proves that I am emo. I don't know if other girls think I look better with it. I just think I look good with it. Ever since I had hair on my chin, I have never completely shaven it off. I am afraid to try and shave it all off, because I might not like that look. I am afraid that I would look too young or something.[/QUOTE]
Post a pic of yourself goateed, and not, and I'll tell you which I think looks better. You can PM me if you dont wanna post it here.

[quote name='The Don'] My behavior and the reactions that I get from people, like the unrequited love that I experience and the aloofness that others present to me, proves that I am batshit insane and should see a psychologist ASAP[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

To all my e-friends w/ goatees, I'm sorry but goatees are ugly as hell.

Do you and anyone who looks at you a favor and shave that shit off tonight!

[quote name='zewone']To all my e-friends w/ goatees, I'm sorry but goatees are ugly as hell.

Do you and anyone who looks at you a favor and shave that shit off tonight![/QUOTE]
spock.jpg

No dice!

[quote name='The Don']http://www.myspace.com/losersteve
that's my Myspace. There are pics there.[/QUOTE]
I'd say goateed, like in your default pic. You're not as emo as I thought you'd be. You're more geek chic, which isnt a bad thing at all. My b/f's half geek-chic, half emo, half asian, and has glasses like yours and a goatee. That would influence my opinion though :oops:

[quote name='6669']I'd say goateed, like in your default pic. You're not as emo as I thought you'd be. You're more geek chic, which isnt a bad thing at all. My b/f's half geek-chic, half emo, half asian, and has glasses like yours and a goatee. That would influence my opinion though :oops:[/QUOTE]

OMG, you're totally crushing on The Don!

[quote name='6669']I'd say goateed, like in your default pic. You're not as emo as I thought you'd be. You're more geek chic, which isnt a bad thing at all. My b/f's half geek-chic, half emo, half asian, and has glasses like yours and a goatee. That would influence my opinion though :oops:[/quote]

Really? does 22 facial hairs make a goatee? really more of a 'soul patch' or something else..

[quote name='zewone']I thought you were a fat old guy; now I see you're a punk ass kid who tries too hard to be emo.[/quote]Would it be better if he was an old fat guy trying to be emo?

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Where is a pic of you with a goatee?[/QUOTE]It's not that visible. I had it long over the summer. When school started, I trimmed it short.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Would it be better if he was an old fat guy trying to be emo?[/QUOTE]Like...a fat Steve Buscemi?

[quote name='6669']I'd say goateed, like in your default pic. You're not as emo as I thought you'd be. You're more geek chic, which isnt a bad thing at all. My b/f's half geek-chic, half emo, half asian, and has glasses like yours and a goatee. That would influence my opinion though :oops:[/QUOTE]My default pic is not me. It's just some picture I found on the internet that I thought could look like me if I cut my hair short. What do you mean would influence your opinion?

[quote name='The Don']It's not that visible. I had it long over the summer. When school started, I trimmed it short.[/quote]
I can kind of see it now upon further review, (not a goatee though) I think you have the facial structure that a full goat would look good on you man.. make you stand out as well in a good way.

EDIT--wait the pic of you on myspace isn't you?

[quote name='zewone']I thought you were a fat old guy; now I see you're a punk ass kid who tries too hard to be emo.[/QUOTE]What do you mean punk ass kid? How am I a punk?

bread's done
Back