What happened to the store ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesis88

CAGiversary!
So back in the day, members would come on here and post the ads to stores like Best Buy, Target, Walmart, KMart, and Toys R Us, and even Frys. Why aren't the ads posted up online anymore? I used to love coming on here knowing the the specials and deals a week or two weeks in advance.

Back in the day? You've been here 4 years.:lol:  

And there are ads sticky'd at the top of the deals section. 

If it wasn't the link to the ads, at least people would post up the prices either way to movies being sold at those stores...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, people post up deals, but I'm referring to the actual deals that a store will have in a week or in two weeks. Like the actual ads would be online for all of us to read. Now, we have people just post up deals that they found out about for that certain week. I want to see the old ads up with everything on it (all the deals for movies and games)

IIRC somebody just last week mentioned they weren't going to bother with non-gaming portions of adverts any longer.  For movies, y0u can always check out dvdtalk.com's forums, they almost always have the ads and links/scans up as soon as they're leaked.

Actual adscans were banned long ago due to copyright infringement and potential lawsuits.

IIRC somebody just last week mentioned they weren't going to bother with non-gaming portions of adverts any longer. For movies, y0u can always check out dvdtalk.com's forums, they almost always have the ads and links/scans up as soon as they're leaked.

Actual adscans were banned long ago due to copyright infringement and potential lawsuits.
Thanks for explaining, but weren't they allowed to just type up the ads rather than upload adscans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back