What happened to Wendy's?

im still tore up inside after burger king got rid of the rodeo cheeseburger. That thing was amazing. It was a cheeseburger with one onion ring and bbq sauce on it.... mmmm mmm good.

[quote name='Brak']Wendy's is the best, in regards to dollar menu. If I'm strapped for time, and cash, I'll often get a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, a medium french fry and a five piece chicken nugget for $3.[/quote]

QFT! i usually get the same except replace the medium french fries with a crispy chicken sandwich or a frosty. :drool:

[quote name='BasketCase1080']im still tore up inside after burger king got rid of the rodeo cheeseburger. That thing was amazing. It was a cheeseburger with one onion ring and bbq sauce on it.... mmmm mmm good.[/QUOTE]

They serve that at the BK by my house.

You know what pisses me off about Wendys is the fact that they charge you for damn condiment packets. Pretty lame after you paid for the meal then to stick it to you for a damn BBQ sauce packet too. I'm almost expecting very soon they will charge you for napkins too.

Hmmm....that must be a local decision. I have never been charged for condiment packets [though if I "pull thru", they usually don't give me enough ketchup packets, but I do use a lot of ketchup].
In-store is nice, because they usually have that ketchup squirter.
I went to McDs one time, ordered a 9 piece [at the time] mcnuggets and supersize fry--they gave me 3 ketchup packets. I asked for more. They said no. I was like, wtf??

Taco Bell---Yeah, it used to be cheap. We use to drive through and get ten tacos for less than six bucks, I think they were .59 each. Now they,re, what, 89 cents. And the Bell, at least what I get [chicken quesadilla, soft taco, beef baja gordita], isn't all that filling. You'll almost do better going to El Dorado or one of those places, and there you get free chips and salsa, and it's almost as fast. But I still go to the bell.

Now I'm about to show my age & test other people's with this one, but...

Anyone else remember the apple dumpling they used to serve a LONG time ago? Man, that thing was GOOD. :drool: Of course, this was back when McDonald's still fried their apple (and cherry!) pies, and fast food came in styrophome containers. Ah, the good 'old days. ;)

[quote name='dtcarson']Hmmm....that must be a local decision. I have never been charged for condiment packets.[/QUOTE]

True. What pisses me off about it is that I've never ONCE seen any signage indicating any charge for these. Its like as if the employee/management/etc decides on the fly to charge the customer for whatever reason - rather it be to milk more money from the customer, lazyness in not wanting to spend that 2 seconds in grabbing the condiments, or some other reason I can't think of. I especially love the line "well its a corporate policy" that I get told. Funny that I can walk in the next day, get a different employee, and get the same damn packets for FREE.

Oh well I prefer Arbys anyways. Yeah a little more expensive but for the most part they have most of the sauces right there out in the open. Wish they had a ranch pump at the sauces counter but no big deal.

Wow...it definitely sounds like some guy is trying to pad his numbers--or his wallet.

I don't remember McD's apple dumpling--but I do remember the styrofoam containers, and 'Keeps the hot side hot and the cool side cool!'

Arby's is pretty good--I do like their chicken strips, they're meaty and crispy. But they are more expensive--sometimes it's worth it [there's not one around my work, so I can't hit them up for lunch. Good thing, I guess....

As far as I know, the double stack is called different things in certain states. Here in Texas it's called the Texas double cheeseburger.

[quote name='dtcarson']I don't remember McD's apple dumpling--but I do remember the styrofoam containers, and 'Keeps the hot side hot and the cool side cool!'[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I re-read what I posted and see how it is confusing (but it's early, and I've gotten little or no sleep...). I meant that Wendy's had the apple dumpling. ;)

[quote name='Arikado']As far as I know, the double stack is called different things in certain states. Here in Texas it's called the Texas double cheeseburger.[/QUOTE]
yeah that's what I was going to say. I used to eat the Texas Double all the time.

[quote name='mykevermin']I disagree - fruit n yogurt parfait, motherfucker! (It's McDonald's, but the single best fast food item I've had in years).[/QUOTE]

I hate yogurt. :bouncy: So Wendy's for me!

[quote name='BasketCase1080']im still tore up inside after burger king got rid of the rodeo cheeseburger. That thing was amazing. It was a cheeseburger with one onion ring and bbq sauce on it.... mmmm mmm good.[/quote]
Mine still have that, and it usually has two or three onion rings, all for $1.29.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Taco Bell gives me the runs for a week.[/QUOTE]

I've never gotten the "runs" from Taco Bell, which makes it my first choice in fast food for quality, value, and heaviness (being full).

Wendy's chili can give Taco Bell a run for its money on the filling factor, but otherwise that's the only reason I'd prefer Taco Bell over Wendy's personally.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Funny that I can walk in the next day, get a different employee, and get the same damn packets for FREE.

Oh well I prefer Arbys anyways. Yeah a little more expensive but for the most part they have most of the sauces right there out in the open. Wish they had a ranch pump at the sauces counter but no big deal.[/QUOTE]

This happens for me fairly often-- Typically as long as I ask at the second window rather than the first, theyll give me extra sauce just to get me out of their way. I have ran into a few that charge for extra though.

I really miss having Arbys. I moved, and the Burger King, KFC, and Arbys in this town are all awful-- You never get fresh food, and they 95% of the time totally mess up the order. The only reliable places are Mc'Ds, Wendys, and Taco Bell (Though they always run out of caramel apple empanadas, the closest thing to the old style McD's apple pies :drool: ). I'm also even further from A+Ws so I never get that anymore either... or quiznos... :cry:

Am I the only person who avoids sauce pumps like the plague (Or perhaps I should say I avoid them because of the plague)? Maybe it's because I worked in a gas station that had them and I know how often (or rather, how rarely) they were ever cleaned, and I just assume most places are the same way.

[quote name='jezebelseven']Am I the only person who avoids sauce pumps like the plague (Or perhaps I should say I avoid them because of the plague)? Maybe it's because I worked in a gas station that had them and I know how often (or rather, how rarely) they were ever cleaned, and I just assume most places are the same way.[/quote]

I hate them because of those teeny tiny cups they set out. As much ketchup I put on a fry its only good for like 5 or 6

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I hate them because of those teeny tiny cups they set out. As much ketchup I put on a fry its only good for like 5 or 6[/QUOTE]

Yeah sauce pumps just fucking blow. Like HS said, only enough for a few fries, and I don't want to keep refilling the stupid cups.

I'd rather just get 15 packets.

Someone asked about the Frosty earlier in this thread. I just tried a new Vanilla Frosty today and it was great. Good creamy flavor like soft-serve ice cream, but the nice consistency of the original Frosty. Definitely want another...

I usually just go to Jack in the Box since you can get two tacos, a chicken sandwich, and a 20 oz drink for $2.40.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Someone asked about the Frosty earlier in this thread. I just tried a new Vanilla Frosty today and it was great. Good creamy flavor like soft-serve ice cream, but the nice consistency of the original Frosty. Definitely want another...[/quote]Wait, Vanilla Frosties? When did this happen?

EDIT:[quote name='crazytalkx']I usually just go to Jack in the Box since you can get two tacos, a chicken sandwich, and a 20 oz drink for $2.40.[/quote]What the crap?! Are there any Jack in the Boxes in Ohio?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Wait, Vanilla Frosties? When did this happen?

EDIT:What the crap?! Are there any Jack in the Boxes in Ohio?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll find a single Jack in the Box east of the Rockies. Trust me, it's in your best interest.

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't think you'll find a single Jack in the Box east of the Rockies. [/quote]

I'd say thats correct. I'm from Pennsylvania and if it werent for learning of Jack in the Box's penchant for food poisoning on CNN I would've never heard of them.

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't think you'll find a single Jack in the Box east of the Rockies.[/QUOTE] I had JitB a few weeks ago in Houston. Wish there were some around here, but Wendy's is superior.

And now I'm hungry. :bomb: :lol:

[quote name='soonersfan60']Someone asked about the Frosty earlier in this thread. I just tried a new Vanilla Frosty today and it was great. Good creamy flavor like soft-serve ice cream, but the nice consistency of the original Frosty. Definitely want another...[/QUOTE]

I second the enjoyment of vanilla frosties. The consistency on mine seemed a slight bit softer than a chocolate frosty but I'm guessing that's because it was a billion degrees out.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Wait, Vanilla Frosties? When did this happen?[/quote]

I think it's only being test marketed now. I heard it on the radio awhile back. Columbus is used as a test market for alot of things, and since Wendy's is hq here, we're an obvious choice. Today is the first day I saw the signs, so I had to stop. I'm going back again tomorrow. :D

[quote name='BasketCase1080']im still tore up inside after burger king got rid of the rodeo cheeseburger. That thing was amazing. It was a cheeseburger with one onion ring and bbq sauce on it.... mmmm mmm good.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried Carl's Jr's Western Bacon Cheesebuger? Chesseburger, 2 onion rings, 2 strips of bacon and BBQ sauce. Shits the bomb.

[quote name='jezebelseven']I really miss having Arbys. I moved, and the Burger King, KFC, and Arbys in this town are all awful-- You never get fresh food, and they 95% of the time totally mess up the order. The only reliable places are Mc'Ds, Wendys, and Taco Bell (Though they always run out of caramel apple empanadas, the closest thing to the old style McD's apple pies :drool: ). I'm also even further from A+Ws so I never get that anymore either... or quiznos... :cry:[/QUOTE]
What part of town did you move to?

I think Wendy's has been on a steady decline since Dave passed away.

Damn, now I'm all hungry from reading this thread. Too bad I packed a lunch today or I'd be all up in that 99-cent menu. It's probably a good thing for my gut, though, that I did pack.

[quote name='radjago']What part of town did you move to?

I think Wendy's has been on a steady decline since Dave passed away.[/QUOTE]

I moved from the north side of Vandalia (About a mile or two from Huber Heights) to Englewood/Union. Generally the only consistantly decent (fresh) fast food place for quality of food are both Mcdonalds over here, the wendys and taco bell aren't bad though.

I gave the Arbys another chance a few weeks ago and it was decent, and then tried it again the next week and they managed to completely fuck my order again (not only the wrong sandwich, but overcharged me, and acted like I was the worst person ever to order 15 minutes before they were closing-- I know they want to close and go home, but it wasn't a huge order or anything.), so I think they've just got some seriously stupid employees among a few who know what they're doing.

Also, rereading my own post about the vanilla frosty is making me want to go get a second one.

Burger King and Taco Bell are my favorites. It seems that BK is the only one still selling Onion Rings; and the Zesty sauce fucking rocks. Taco Bell is also pretty cheap and filling and tastes good. They have that new drink that is pretty good as well. My McDonalds still sells those Apple and Cherry pies. I only go to McDonalds to buy that and milkshakes.

they need to bring back those "where's the beef" commercials from the 80's. maybe it's just my local wendy's but their burgers seem to be pretty puny anymore.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Not to change the topic from Wendy's, but am I the only one that used to remember that Taco Bell used to be dirt fucking cheap?[/quote] You're not the only one brotha! I remember the 3 taco meal was $1.99 and you could get a couple more for just over a buck. I lived on TB during college, it was the only way to make ends meet (LOL I almost wrote meet as meat:lol:)
[quote name='Greetard']The Chicken, Bacon, n' Swiss sandwich at Arbies is fuckin' godly. Their curly fries can't be beat either.[/quote] Hell fucking yes. Damn fine sandwich. The chicken club at McDonalds aint too shabby either IMO(though not cheap)

I had a sackful of Krystal for the first time in like a long ass time. The one I went to didn't cook them right. I want my Krystal bun soaked with the grease, not a fresh bun.

bread's done
Back