What happens if I choose the wrong category?

1Sail0r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Like say I'm selling a Video Game on eBay..but to not get hit with those high fees I change the category to "Electronics" or "Video Game Systems"...would eBay manually change my category?

Would I be at any disadvantage?

sometimes its harder to find the auction and might sell for less. Im think im pretty sure maybe someone can confirm this as well just to make sure

^but if i put it like buy it now..won't people manually search for it, so it would show up anyway?

i mean i don't believe that people navigate to auctions by clicking on say "Consumer Electronics" and then browsing what to buy from there.

Just make sure you have a good title for each game. When people search for games on ebay they search mainly by name anyways, not by category. i normally just put everything i can into the title so to make sure whatever they type, it will relate back to my item.

[quote name='Squarehard']Just make sure you have a good title for each game. When people search for games on ebay they search mainly by name anyways, not by category. i normally just put everything i can into the title so to make sure whatever they type, it will relate back to my item.[/QUOTE]

okay, that's all i needed to know, thanks ;)
you do that too though?

i can't believe i haven't thought of it earlier. video game fee's are one of the highest on eBay, and that's all i sell on it lol.

[quote name='1Sail0r']okay, that's all i needed to know, thanks ;)
you do that too though?

i can't believe i haven't thought of it earlier. video game fee's are one of the highest on eBay, and that's all i sell on it lol.[/quote]

Yeah, pretty much before I sell a certain item I normally just type in the title into the search and see which titles come up more, then I know what I am looking for for my title

Keep in mind OP that if eBay happens to check your records and sees that you're selling video games routinely in other categories, they very well may do something like ban your account.

bread's done
Back