What happens to your Edge Card once it expires?

NovaKane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
My card expires in April and I probably won't renew it. I have $143 left on it. I asked an employee what happens to it once it expires and he says the balance is automatically wiped out. Then he says I should just renew the card...sounded like bullshit to me.

So my good ppl at CAG, what really happens once the Edge Card expires?

It goes to Edge heaven.

No, seriously though, that sounded like utter BS. Your discount will expire but the balance should remain. They use the same cards when you buy a gift card, so it shouldn't be any different.

I'm no expert, so perhaps someone else can chime in.

You still use the credit like normal. What makes it an Edge card is the little sticker on the back that they scan. That gives the Edge discounts and bonuses. Otherwise, the card is the same as if you did a trade in for store credit, but didn't have the Edge card. Your balance will be fine.

Edit - Mine expired in December and it had probably around $300 on it. Of course, it was all fine, and I had no problems using all of it later.

It sounds like the employee needed a sub. Your balanced is saved but you dont get the discount anymore.

Damn, you guys are life savers! Now I don't have to rush and spend the rest of my balance by the end of April.

I figured that employee was full of shit though. I no longer need the discounts, I'm good as long as I can spend my store credit whenever I want.

Thanks a lot!

Next time you see that employee, give him a glass of prune juice cause he's full of shit! Like others have said, your balance remains you just lose the 10% bonuses.

He was just trying to get you to renew your Edge card with him. Pretty shitty thing to do in my opinion.

• Maybe the employee was new.
  • Maybe the employee was messing around with you and you took it serious.
  • Should have asked to talk to the manager.
  • And never rely on CAG to get your info from.

[quote name='THoward7382']
  • Should have asked to talk to the manager.
    [*]And never rely on CAG to get your info from.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because we're all a bunch of dumbasses :roll:

[quote name='Josef']Yeah, because we're all a bunch of dumbasses :roll:[/quote]

Don't you just love that guy? Not only did he give the OP advice, but then he told him to ignore it. If only there were more dumbasses like him in this world.

• And never always rely on CAG to get your info from.
[/quote]

Fixed. I hope that's what you meant. If not, then GTFO.

OP- You should talk to the District Manager and report this guy so he won't do this shit to anyone else.

I've seen the employees lie to almost all customers you should always verify it with at least two employees

If you can talk to a manger sometimes they lie the most...or give the best service

[/quote]
But...you're posting info/advice on CAG. Therefore you're telling the OP not to rely on you for info.

THIS IS QUITE A CONUNDRUM!

If you look at what I read I never gave advice. Just plausible ideas to what happened.

And trust me the lack of reliable information on this site is outrageous. A perfect example is the guy telling me to "GTFO." Pretty ignorant statement coming from a forum. Or the other guy saying to report it to the DM so he cant do it anymore. The employee never scammed the thread starter.

And once again, I stand behind my statement. If you want a TRUE answer call the company you are dealing with directly. Never rely on a free forum for answers because 99.9% of the people on it, dont work for the company and dont know all the facts.

Sounds like its time to use this on that employee.

27672.jpg

[*]Should have asked to talk to the manager.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like advice to me.

[quote name='THoward7382']If you look at what I read I never gave advice. Just plausible ideas to what happened.

And trust me the lack of reliable information on this site is outrageous. A perfect example is the guy telling me to "GTFO." Pretty ignorant statement coming from a forum. Or the other guy saying to report it to the DM so he cant do it anymore. The employee never scammed the thread starter.

And once again, I stand behind my statement. If you want a TRUE answer call the company you are dealing with directly. Never rely on a free forum for answers because 99.9% of the people on it, dont work for the company and dont know all the facts.[/QUOTE]

Again, advice.

Not for nothing, but I would bet more CAGs know about GameStop policy than the GameStop employees do. Do you know how many times I've had GS employees look at me funny when they hand them the e-mail coupons? Or how many times I have had to tell them that they have to total up the transaction to see if the discount comes off?

But the best case in point? This thread. Either the employee was lying or didn't know the answer and made one up. Either way, the OP got better information from us than the store.

Seriously, most retail employees don't know much about the stores they work at or the companies they work for. They scan stuff up, hit a total button, and that's it. You might get decent information from a manager, but do you honestly want to call a store and stay on hold to ask a manager a quick question?

And once again, I stand behind my statement. If you want a TRUE answer call the company you are dealing with directly. Never rely on a free forum for answers because 99.9% of the people on it, dont work for the company and dont know all the facts.[/quote]

1. How is me giving you advice to GTFO ignorant? I read your post and from the "advice" or explanations that you gave the OP, I came to the conclusion that you need to GTFO. I think that makes it an informed opinion not an ignorant statement.

2. The employee never scammed the OP because he was smart enough to question the information given by the GS representative. The DM needs to know about the false information being given at his GS. One of the main rules of Customer Service is "never lie to the customer" but this is GS we're talking about so...

3. Why would the OP need to call the company? He already spoke to one of their representatives in-store and they gave him incorrect information.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not for nothing, but I would bet more CAGs know about GameStop policy than the GameStop employees do. Do you know how many times I've had GS employees look at me funny when they hand them the e-mail coupons? Or how many times I have had to tell them that they have to total up the transaction to see if the discount comes off?

But the best case in point? This thread. Either the employee was lying or didn't know the answer and made one up. Either way, the OP got better information from us than the store.

Seriously, most retail employees don't know much about the stores they work at or the companies they work for. They scan stuff up, hit a total button, and that's it. You might get decent information from a manager, but do you honestly want to call a store and stay on hold to ask a manager a quick question?[/quote]

I'd take CAG's word over GameStop's in regards to GS's policies any day lol.

...and yes, he was lyin'. I looked at the employee next to him to see what he would say and he said nothin'.

Yeah, no big surprise. I hear employees lie all the time in order to get EDGE subs and pre-orders. My favorite is when they try to tell people that you HAVE to pre-order games, or you won't find them for weeks. Now, I do pre-order a lot, but only because there is a GameStop about 2 minutes from my house, so it saves me gas, tolls, and time over going to Best Buy or Circuit City (well, not anymore). Plus, GS often has the extras I want. But I know damn well that if I want a game bad enough, even on release day, I will find somewhere.

bread's done
Back