What have you received recently?

In the past week or so I got a "feel your boobies" sticker, some cat food, some dog treats, the flaming warthog for Halo Wars and I just got a $10 magazine cert from amazon (I think for renewing OXM when it hit $5 DOTW) which I "cashed in" for a free year of Maxim.

nothing recent but I ended up getting Super Mario Galaxy 2 off lockerz a couple weeks ago for 2$ after S&H. Jerks wouldn't let me redeem it for free X_X

I got a free Dairy Queen Blizzard coupon in the mail from a Fox Sports North Facebook contest. Before that I think it was RvB: Blood Gulch Chronicles from UGO Twitter contest.

Well today in the e-mail I got a message that said I was a potential winner of a MLG Gamer Rewards thing, but the email was kind of barren just text. But hey I sent in my info hopefully it's real. Get back to date and winner announce date was the same so I thought "hey why not"

Wish me lucks

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Well today in the e-mail I got a message that said I was a potential winner of a MLG Gamer Rewards thing, but the email was kind of barren just text. But hey I sent in my info hopefully it's real. Get back to date and winner announce date was the same so I thought "hey why not"

Wish me lucks[/QUOTE]

Good luck! Didnt you win something on Twitter a while back too? Thought I saw your handle.

Last night I won some kinda tag for blacklight Tango down, I think its some kinda DLC. Too bad I don't have the game. Today I won a code for Puzzle quest 2, which is very nice.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']This week was a good week:
Male Cog Armor for my Avatar
Gold Lancer add on for Gears 2
Earthworm Jim HD for XBLA
Toy Soldiers DLC: The Kaiser's Battle
Naughty Bear for :360:

WOW EdRyder you have to pay for shipping??? Whats the point of winning if you have to pay your own shipping? Thats BS IMO![/QUOTE]

Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place or checking here often enough for contests?
That's a nice haul!

I won a house party, sponsored by PLAYSTATION!!! :bouncy:

i just got my email confirming my party box has been shipped out today!!

2 playstation move controllers
ps eye
exclusive PS move game demos
free cases of coke
subway gift card
and a bunch of other party favor stuff

now i just gotta sit and wait for the next week calmly, as they get here

Starcraft 2
Couple of XBLIGs
Section 8 Code for PS3
Transformers War for Cybertron PS3 Code which I need to trade since I don't have the game :l

[quote name='smokey6']I won a house party, sponsored by PLAYSTATION!!! :bouncy:

i just got my email confirming my party box has been shipped out today!!

2 playstation move controllers
ps eye
exclusive PS move game demos
free cases of coke
subway gift card
and a bunch of other party favor stuff

now i just gotta sit and wait for the next week calmly, as they get here[/QUOTE]

Congrats! They turned me down.

[quote name='velvet396']Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place or checking here often enough for contests?
That's a nice haul![/QUOTE]

Thanks, and yes always check the contests and free stuff forum, good stuff in here.

Just like I got my second summer of XBLA code, Castlevania:Harmony of Despair from IGN. I am one very happy tigger for getting that one, even if the game isnt as great as I wanted.

i won a t-shirt from Bear Naked. its a nice shirt but i gave it to my dad so i will have good karma and continue to win and get stuff free.

Sort of an update/new thing

But Starcraft 2 arrived today, guy used Priority too, love him
Also won Joe Danger from Crushfragdestroy.com
They're also holding a Wild West PC Contest this week, I'm assuming Lead and Gold will be a prize, spread the word

I feel like a contest god. Also Starcraft 2 came with a Tshirt, going to where that to dorky LAN parties now.

In the past two weeks:
$24 Visa from Claritin-- earmarked for chrysanthemum purchases for my wife
Shrek the whatever [4th movie tie-in] Nintendo DS game from the Vidalia onion folks for my kids (y'know, since "ogres are like onions...")
Song download
2 movie tickets from Coke
...oh, and a $10 Home Depot gift card

Still waiting on several free Sobe coupons and a $15 Best Buy gift card

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a sleeve of golf balls from the Michelob promotion. Today, I am picking up a box of burritos and chips from Chipotle I won in the weekly business card drawing. My work mates will be happy today when I roll in with 13 of them to share.

Recently I received that Cyan Spartan from Mega Blocks that just about everybody got, but today I received my newest pride and joy! I won it from Game Informer's Haiku contest. It's a voodoo doll of Guybrush on a stand as a promotion for Monkey Island 2 Special Edition. The label says it is #171/500.

VoodooDoll.jpg

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Recently I received that Cyan Spartan from Mega Blocks
[/QUOTE]

What how did I miss that! I was the one who posted the original spartan freebie! doh Do you have a link for the thread?

Gonna have to ask my folks if my Spartan Megablocks figure got mailed to their house. Oh but I got Monday Night Combat today. So that makes it 3 out of 4 Summer of Arcade titles so far.

:applause:I acutally did receive the UE edition of God of War 3 when it was $19 plus shipping from toysrus.

Just sold the hideous Pandora's box on ebay for $20 plus shipping, so I essentially got GOW 3, along with the codes AND art book from the UE edition FREE!!!

I received a Jose Cuervo Margarita Ball and a coupon for a free 20oz Coke Product today (also received Sept issue of Maxim [free subscription from here]. Yesterday I received the Cyan Spartan from Megablocks so all in all it has been a good week for me.

Received yesterday:
M&Ms T-shirt (previously received a cash card from the same "vote" contest)
Noise-isolating earbuds, ordered from Wrigley's Biggest Loser contest

Won yesterday:
Another $25 card from Coke ($20 card is always $25 when you specify non-reloadable card)

[quote name='Mad Scientist']
Won yesterday:
Another $25 card from Coke ($20 card is always $25 when you specify non-reloadable card)[/QUOTE]

Wait: is this from a Twist Text Win! promotion that I don't know about? Link, please!

[quote name='boagman']Wait: is this from a Twist Text Win! promotion that I don't know about? Link, please![/QUOTE]

There's a thread for it somewhere down the page.
It's the same contest that has been running since this spring: http://www.mycoke.com/utc

The differences from last year are mainly that it is divided into different contest periods with caps on wins per day (2) and per household per period (5) and that the AMOE is very minimal. Aside from a brief designated window for online entries without purchase, you are stuck entering actual cap codes via text message. Check the official rules for all of the details.

bread's done
Back