What have you received recently?

[quote name='The Bryant']Nice NBA 2k12 poster featuring all three of the possible cover athletes. It's pretty awesome. Got it from Houseparty.
Christmas Issue of PlayBoy...Not sure about this, but I may have won a $500 giftcard to RedStar "World Wear"
Came packed in the plastic that hides the cover. I'm not sure if I can even use it. Did anyone else receive a card?[/QUOTE]

It's a scam. They send them in Maxim and a couple of other magazines as well. The glasses cost like $700 a piece and are really cheap and shoddy (Walmart style). They act like a brand name eyewear maker but beware. They do it so you think "WOW 700 dollar glasses for 200? I must buy them."

[quote name='GenPirate']It's a scam. They send them in Maxim and a couple of other magazines as well. The glasses cost like $700 a piece and are really cheap and shoddy (Walmart style). They act like a brand name eyewear maker but beware. They do it so you think "WOW 700 dollar glasses for 200? I must buy them."[/QUOTE]

Damn. Thanks for the heads up man! i knew it was too good to be true.

I got a 'I'm going Commando' shirt from the Gears of War 3/Gamestop promo from awhile ago. Didn't know I'd won, Fed Ex just showed up today. Too bad it's a size large....wish I'd won the patch or something.

zelda_standee.jpg

Zelda Skyward Sword promo standee in mint condition!

It's approximately 5 feet tall. Gotta fill it with some awesome zelda stuff later :D

[quote name='sasukekun']
zelda_standee.jpg

It's approximately 5 feet tall. Gotta fill it with some awesome zelda stuff later :D[/QUOTE]

The hell did you do? Go into a store and tell them, " Hey can I take that off your hands?"

won 2 recent twitter giveaways - dance central marathon pack 2 weeks ago, then the new reach maps just now.
got one of the country pack codes harmonix was giving away last week as well, but I actually paid for the disc to begin with.

[quote name='sasukekun']
zelda_standee.jpg

It's approximately 5 feet tall. Gotta fill it with some awesome zelda stuff later :D[/QUOTE]
very nice. you could get very inventive if you don't have a wife that would put a halt to it ;). great grab, imho!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']The hell did you do? Go into a store and tell them, " Hey can I take that off your hands?"[/QUOTE]

My boss was gonna throw it away and I asked him if I could have it.

[quote name='twztid13']very nice. you could get very inventive if you don't have a wife that would put a halt to it ;). great grab, imho![/QUOTE]

Ya, my GF already told me there's no way she's letting me keep it when we get a house together.

Haven't received much here lately, but I did get more RFID sleeves and another $50 at GameStop. All I had to do for the latter was drink a bunch of free soda (3 cans each of Dr. Pepper Ten, Diet Coke, Pepsi Max, and Coca-Cola Zero) and give my opinions on them.

[quote name='sasukekun']Ya, my GF already told me there's no way she's letting me keep it when we get a house together.[/QUOTE]
Just give her an ultimatum. Women respect that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZombieToast']
Just give her an ultimatum. Women respect that.[/QUOTE]

The next pic will be him and the Link Standee on the sidewalk. ;)

I won a set of drink coaster in the Gears of War 3/Gamestop promo. They round and black with a read Gears logo in the center. Think I can get more than 5 buck for them on ebay?

20 dollar MasterCard gift card due to their holiday promotion (spend a certain amount of money on online purchases using your credit card).

25 dollar restaurant.com gift certificate which I am going to use to take my father out to a restaurant nearby that he has been wanting to try.

Me and a bunch of CAG friends have been winning a lot of really cool online contests recently. I wanted to give them a shout out because without them I would not have won as much I have.

I'm not going to post everything I won because the list is to long and I would seem like more of an A-hole than I already am ;)... but here is my must recent win.

Got an unexpected box from UPS today; return address was Gamestop. I opened it to find another letter from the Gears of War 3 going commando promo ( I received a Tshirt from that promo about 10 days ago) Apparently I won an Xbox controller as well. The weird thing is they sent the COD MW3 controller with all the paperwork saying Gears of War 3. It's cool with me though, since I bought the Gears 3 xbox and have the Gears 3 controllers from that, so was happy to get the MW3 controller that I did not have yet. It has the transforming D-pad on it like the Gears 3 controller.

4 free movie tickets - Shame - Village Voice Promotion
6 free movie tickets - Arthur Christmas - NYU Library Bulletin Board

Free Promethea Graphic Novel - Book 1 and 2 - Soft Cover - NYC Library - Writing Contest
Free The Complete Alan Moore Future Shocks - Soft Cover - NYC Library - Writing Contest

6 free $50 Gift Cards - Barnes and Noble - PTA Winnings for most books and candy sold. Apparently I was the only parent to even get involved and won all 6 prizes.

I received the Michael Jackson dancing game for both Kinect and Wii but I have no idea how I got it because I don't remember if it was from a contest or what not. It was in a bubbled manila envelope and the sender is Ubisoft San Francisco. Can't complain, woop! I'll selling the Wii version though.

[quote name='The Bryant']ESPN Mag. These covers are getting weirder and weirder.....[/QUOTE]

Haha you mean the Ozzie Guillen cover? Yeah I got my first ESPN mag too a couple days ago with that cover. Good articles in there.

[quote name='The Bryant']ESPN Mag. These covers are getting weirder and weirder.....[/QUOTE]

I stared at that cover for awhile, not knowing what the hell to make of it.

I got a pair of thumbstick attachments for an Xbox 360 controller from the Gamestop Gears of War 3 promo. They supposedly make playing FPSs better or something. Free stuff. Yay.

Anyone else get the button set from Club Nintendo? They're actually a lot cooler than I was expecting. I'm really surprised the display survived the mail.

2x $5 amazon cards
25$ gamestop card -sourpatch kids

its a pretty slow month for me but i have a few more good things on the way so i will update the post soon

I got my Gamestop gift card worht $25 from e-Rewards. It is only the second I have earned, but it is not so bad since I simply answer some surveys.

I've gotten 2x - 3 mth Live codes

1. from walmart - received my holiday bundle, and in the bottom of the box under a flap was 2x codes, but only listed one on the invoice so evidently they don't know how to count.. lol

2. a code for a xbl 3mth - showed up in my download list, I called asking what, who ordered it they said it was a error, and no charge to me, but they didn't seem to know if it would be shut off - however it wasn't lol

1 x - Brand New In The Box - TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON PRIMUS - Given to me by the graduating class of teen computer class. :bouncy:

1 x - Brand New In The Box - Leo Breaker Transformer - Given to me by the graduating class of teen computer class. :bouncy:

The Complete Alan Moore Future Shock - Soft cover - Thank You Rewards Citibank.

A Distant Neighborhood - Soft cover - Brooklyn Comics and Graphic Novel Festival - Raffle win

20x - Revell Pinewood Derby Basic Racer Kit - Mark and Mike's Art and Craft's store - They went out of business. I actually bags and bags of stuff but these were the first things I took out and intend to use.

I just won a copy of Uncharted 3 in some Facebook thing, and I don't even have a PS3.

Edit: And apparently, I won a another CE edition too. Hot damn!!!

[quote name='MrPiggles']I just won a copy of Uncharted 3 in some Facebook thing, and I don't even have a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Fill me in what facebook ting?>

[quote name='MrPiggles']I just won a copy of Uncharted 3 in some Facebook thing, and I don't even have a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Sell it or destroy it. I would go with both.

So far in the past few weeks I won the Xbox + Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion XL contest, Uncharted 3 + DLC Stuff, and a Callibur 11 Red Vault.

Saints Row The Third (free between a Best Buy sale and the My Coke Rewards gift card)

A few free things from listia. Notable one is getting Madden 95 for the Game Gear for 3 credits. Also got some Pokemon cards for my nephew, a sticker for my sister, an owner's manual for a '77 Firebird and a stamp.

Oh and won a copy of Uncharted 3 from the PS3 as well as DLC stuff and a $3 amazon gift card.

Looks like some bing stuff is on the way too.

Recently, I've won:
OnLive Console (Haven't received yet)

Uncharted 3 Regular and Collector's edition(Haven't received yet), and a whole bunch of in-game stuff for it.

$5 paypal from swagbucks.

A few $3 gift cards from the uncharted find your ring game (Haven't received yet).

And a GameCube with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Haven't received yet).

[quote name='tankyroo']Recently, I've won:
OnLive Console (Haven't received yet)

Uncharted 3 Regular and Collector's edition(Haven't received yet), and a whole bunch of in-game stuff for it.

$5 paypal from swagbucks.

A few $3 gift cards from the uncharted find your ring game (Haven't received yet).

And a GameCube with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Haven't received yet).[/QUOTE]
So, basically, your post goes completely against the theme of this thread.

[quote name='ZombieToast']So, basically, your post goes completely against the theme of this thread.[/QUOTE]

It's a growing trend.

2x $5 amazon cards
25$ gamestop card -sourpatch kids
medeval moves- houseparty
the carnival move game-houseparty
wendys t-shirt

i will update again later this month

Today, I got my first issue of Electronic House Magazine, my Club Nintendo Pin set, and a $20 rebate from MSI (which is basically free, since I already made my money back by selling the graphics card for which I received the rebate.)

Recently, I think alot of people have been forgetting this little tidbit from the main post:
[quote name='Foladar']Nothing from referrals. Free stuff and contest wins only![/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back