What I'm Listening To - Post the Music You've Been Listening to Lately

MattJ1991

CAGiversary!
I'm interested in what my fellow CAG's listen to during there days, so please share :D

I for one, have been listening to a lot of "post-hardcore" and "screamo" bands lately.

Alexisonfire's New Album
Alexisonfire_-_Old_Crows_-_Young_Cardinals_(2009).jpg

For those of you that don't know, Alexisonfire is a post-hardcore band from Ontario, Canada. It's pretty good in my opinion, it all kinda sounds similar which I find odd in comparison to there last album.

Attack Attack!
470x470.jpeg

I find Attack Attack! to be a very interesting band, it's kinda like a soft band, techno group and screamo band all blended into one, and I personally like it.

Black Lungs
Black%20Lungs%20-%20Send%20Flowers.JPG

I found this band while roaming Alexisonfire's wikipedia page, it obviously isn't very popular and there's barely anything about it on the internet, but I would highly recommend having a listen.

Sick Puppies
Dressed_up_as_Life.jpg

I found this band a while ago, when Street Fighter 4 came out, I really liked the song that played during the commercials (War), and I found out that Sick Puppies are the ones who made it, and although the rest of there songs sound very little like War, I still like them

Ok, so there's the bands I've been listening to lately, I would very much appreciate it if people would do the same :) and say a little something about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping
of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
Random remixes by The Twelves
and finally, a bunch of songs (originals and remixes) by The Bloody Beetroots.

Yeah, my taste alters quite a bit.

The Foreign Exchange - Leave It All Behind
-One of my favorite R&B albums

J. Cole - The Warm Up
-My introduction to this new(er) emcee, who's kind of impressive. His version of "Dead Presidents II" is great.

Novel - Suspended Animation
-Latest mixtape from Novel, who can sing and rap extremely well.

Atmosphere - Leak At Will
--Free EP that's pretty solid and good for what it is

VNV Nation - Of Faith, Power and Glory
51b7Ofj%2B1FL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Paper Chase - Someday All of This Will Be Yours
51NCM7WOXRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Placebo - Battle for the Sun
41A0O1%2BeZOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

IAMX - Kingdom of Welcome Addiction
31Ov9dwOl-L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Memmaker - How to Enlist in a Robot Uprising
f55d81b0c8a0fed7e640a110.L._AA240_.jpg

toe - the book about my idle plot on a vague anxiety
(japanese instrumental mathy band with an amazing drummer)
the%2Bbook%2Babout%2Bmy%2Bidle%2Bplot%2Bon%2Ba%2Bvague%2Banxiety.jpg

Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
(getting ready for the reunion tour in sept)
sunny_day_real_estate_diary.jpg

Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
veckatimest.jpg

Mostly Dave Matthews Band--Big Whiskey & The GrooGrux King, along with tapes of the two shows I caught last month.

Dream_Theater_-_Black_Clouds_%26_Silver_Linings.jpg

Dream Theater- Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Awesome metal record with 2 epic songs over 15 mins).

cover_4352134122008.jpg

Nemo- Barbares (A mix of rock and metal from a french band called Nemo, awesome 25 min song at the end).

[quote name='mis0']I've only been listening to music in my car.. so lots of horrible commercial rap and hip hop.[/QUOTE]

you need an ipod

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']
Dream_Theater_-_Black_Clouds_%26_Silver_Linings.jpg

Dream Theater- Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Awesome metal record with 2 epic songs over 15 mins).[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you've heard the second disc of the Special Edition, but the cover of Rainbow's "Stargazer" fucking rules.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I don't know if you've heard the second disc of the Special Edition, but the cover of Rainbow's "Stargazer" fucking rules.[/QUOTE]

Yeah have the 3 CD Special edition, it is awesome.

Also I forgot to add
UPOTheHeavy.jpg

U.P.O.-The Heavy (A mix of grunge and newer hard rock, pretty awesome.)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah have the 3 CD Special edition, it is awesome.

Also I forgot to add
UPOTheHeavy.jpg

U.P.O.-The Heavy (A mix of grunge and newer hard rock, pretty awesome.)[/QUOTE]

The Heavy is quite good, but I like No Pleasantries more(see my avatar :)). U.P.O. is/was a great band. I've not heard anything about them in a long while. I read about the singer auditioning for Velvet Revolver, but I guess he didn't get the job.

zoe.jpg

Zoé- Mexican indie/garage band
buraka_som_sistema_black_diamond_f.jpg

Buraka Som Sistema - Portuguese hip hop/ghettotech group
secret+machines.jpg

Secret Machines - Prog rock/Avant Garde

Fun thread.

Autechre - Tri Repetae++

Definitely my favorite record of theirs, and simply put, a masterpiece. The beats and effects are insane, and the two eps added on the ++ version make it a lengthy trip.

foldertlw.jpg

Carcass - Heartwork

I've been playing this one around my roomates/band for inspiration. I think it's working.

heartwork.jpg

Acid King - Busse Woods

Excellent sludge/doom metal stuff with a female vocalist. I found out about them after the local college station played one of their songs.

folder.jpg

Alcest - Souvenirs d'un autre monde

French newgaze metal is the best way I can describe this band. I like this album quite a bit, I highly recommend it.

alcest-souvenirs.jpg

I've been heavy on:

Sunset Rubdown - Dragonslayer
Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
The Coathangers - Scramble
Beulah - The Coast is Never Clear

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mang9432']Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest[/QUOTE]

How is this? I read a good review somewhere and I've been meaning to check it out...

bread's done
Back