What Internet Browser do you use? -POLL-

Firefox. It's much more customizeable than Internet Explorer.

Case in point, I have my browser blocking all ads I don't want, showing me 5-day weather, able to open up all the sites I want to visit in a day with the push of a button, able to show me WHY I can't access any certain site, reminding me of certain dates, and a customizeable Search Bar.

Oh, and it's currently on the Super Mario Bros 3 Theme.

Everytime I have to use I.E. at my parents house I cringe.

The Fox. After learning of it here and having you lovable knuckleheads repeat over and over and over how it it the best, I switched and never switched back. Nice and smooth.

I try explaining to some people that it's better, but some people just don't get it. Some people, in fact, don't know there are alternatives to IE.

I use IE cause I'm lazy. Didn't know that Firefox had a bunch of great features. I'll have to try it out. Is it the same thing as Mozilla Firefox? I downloaded awhile back but have never used it.

Firefox. Tried it once before and didn't see the point, but with tabbed browsing and extensions I would never go back.

Opera has tabbed browsing and much better widgets IMO.

Not to mention it uses about half of the memory Firefox uses.

Used to use Opera. Got tired of having it bog down after updates... got tired of having to redo the GUI to the way I wanted it. Realized that the way I want it is the way Firefox has it by default. Only thing I did was add an "Open A New Tab" button right next to my Home button.... installed a few addons and I'm ready to go.

IE7 for the customizability and ease of use. I've got ad blockers, gestures, spell check, auto-refresher, RSS feed reader, tabbed browsing, easy to use favorites system, and probably more that I don't know of.

I voted IE but I use Opera when I want tabs.

The thing I like about IE (version 6) is that it's clutter-free and extremely basic, so I'm looking at the site and nothing else. The lack of tabs and other buttons is important to me when enjoying the aesthetics of an art site or reading news.

But if I'm looking at websites I do not trust, Opera is the way to go. Plus all my regular sites are preloaded when I open it.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Was using Opera for a few years, but about a month ago switched to Firefox because Opera was installing spyware :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

What?

Opera has never come with any spyware.

[quote name='kube00']I hope no one is stupid enough to use AOL[/quote]
I'd have voted for AOL Explorer if it didn't hog resource so heavily that it's unusable, though I'm not sure why AOL and AOL Explorer are grouped together considering their nothing alike.

Firefox is my main browser, though I switch to Opera when I get fed up with Firefox's memory leak problem (At one point, it was using 500Mb of memory). Only reason I don't use Opera as my main is because I had a couple websites reject Opera, and I like FF's extensions.

Firefox, with IE tab installed so if I ever run into a website that has problems with Firefox I can just load it in Internet Explorer in the tab.
I even have a portable version of Firefox on my flash drive so that I don't have to use Internet Explorer while at school.

Firefox 99% of the time. 1% of Opera, but it's a pain in the ass because my settings always get fucked up and it isn't as easy to customize to my liking like FF. In FF I can pretty much do anything that that browser is capable of (i.e. make extensions, modify the core, etc. etc.). The only reason I turn on Opera right now is because I have quite a few mods and extensions on my FF so there is a noticeable slow down between opening new tabs or web pages, so I'll switch to Opera for that sheer fact.

[quote name='naes']Opera has tabbed browsing and much better widgets IMO.

Not to mention it uses about half of the memory Firefox uses.[/quote]

There is also a memory issue in Opera. Not as significant as FF, but there still is one. Actually, come 3.0 sometime this summer it's supposed to be finally optimized fully and should take much less memory. I've played with some of the alpha builds and it's coming along nicely. Still has plenty of bugs, but they're definitely getting worked on.

[quote name='Sporadic']What?

Opera has never come with any spyware.[/QUOTE]
Yes, correct, it doesn't come with any, but it also doesn't protect as well from it as Firefox does

Wow way more FF than I expected.

Cheapy should have access to stats from the full user-base. Would be very interesting to see how that matches up with the poll.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Yes, correct, it doesn't come with any, but it also doesn't protect as well from it as Firefox does[/QUOTE]

How does Firefox protect from spyware any better then Opera does?

The only thing I have gotten while using Opera (according to my antivirus) is tracking cookies (I believe Firefox gets them too).

That isn't very malicious though and I don't go to "CLICK HERE FOR FREE PRETEEN HORSE BRITNEY SPEARS MATRIX PENIS ENLARGER" sites either.

Firefox, and Avant for the few sites that FF doesn't like. Basically, Avant is my alternative to actually having to use IE. ;)

Well I used the old schol fox back when it was 0.8. Then switched to Opera. When I started to use Opera there where still ad's on it. I have used Opera since.

bread's done
Back