What is a good 12 month XBL deal?

Predator-X

CAG Veteran
I hope someone can help me. I recently got an Xbox 360 and have been looking online for a 12 month XBL Gold deal, the price seems to be about £30-35 everywhere. When these things have deals what sort do they have? Ever seen them dropping to £20 or so? If the best deals are only in the high £20s I'll probably just buy one at normal price instead of waiting. Also people tell the the XBox dashboard has great deals on 12 month subs, mine only says £1 for 1 month though which isn't very long term, how do I get different deals to display? Thankyou for any help. Oh I guess what is a good price for a 2100 MS point card also, thanks.

The offer has expired so I'm only posting for information.

A few weeks ago you could get a 12 month subscription + 500 M$ Points + arcade game Aqua from the dashboard for £23.99. You had to be silver for it to show on the dashboard though.

My sister signed up and got the 1 month gold for free. Then she called xbox up to change her auto renew off, they offered her a year for 40, then a year for 30 after she turned a year for 40 down, so she took the year for 30. You might want to try that?

[quote name='The 7th Number']My sister signed up and got the 1 month gold for free. Then she called xbox up to change her auto renew off, they offered her a year for 40, then a year for 30 after she turned a year for 40 down, so she took the year for 30. You might want to try that?[/QUOTE]

If you go through the xbox console, and create a new account, you can get a free month. I don't remember how, but I think you need to go through the upgrade to gold section and then decline it. In addition to that you can get another month and 2 free arcade games by their current promotion on the dashboard. You need to call and turn off auto renew. That's an easy way to get 2 extra months for free.

I'm currently on the 1 month free Gold sub which I had no choice about when signing up for XBL. I have never input my CC details so they cannot auto-renew anything. So if I let it expire and get put on Silver I may see better deals on the dashboard? Thankyou for input/help everyone.

[quote name='Predator-X']I'm currently on the 1 month free Gold sub which I had no choice about when signing up for XBL. I have never input my CC details so they cannot auto-renew anything. So if I let it expire and get put on Silver I may see better deals on the dashboard? Thankyou for input/help everyone.[/QUOTE]

If your on the free month you should be seeing a renew 1 month for a pound promotion. I think the silver one is 3 months for £14.99 with 3 extra months free.

I would recommend ringing them up. I did and said I wanted to cancel because I found a better deal elsewhere, and they very quickly offered me £24 deal, which I though was pretty good

Just to follow up, I let my Gold trial expire and reverted to Silver, immediatly on my dashboard I got an offer 12 months of Gold for £24. I took it. So I guess if your Gold is close to ending and you do not see a deal on a card let it expire and look at the dashboard.

[quote name='Predator-X']Just to follow up, I let my Gold trial expire and reverted to Silver, immediatly on my dashboard I got an offer 12 months of Gold for £24. I took it. So I guess if your Gold is close to ending and you do not see a deal on a card let it expire and look at the dashboard.[/QUOTE]

seems pretty legit of a price.

bread's done
Back