What is a Sega Saturn worth?

chief928

CAGiversary!
What is a Sega Saturn worth? Someone is trying to sell me a system and 2 games, not sure which ones yet, for $50. What are good games for the system?

[quote name='chief928']What is a Sega Saturn worth? Someone is trying to sell me a system and 2 games, not sure which ones yet, for $50. What are good games for the system?[/QUOTE]

i say 5 bucks top for the system maybe 10 if your lucky.

years back i got a

Sega Saturn
Sega Gensis
Sega cd
Sega 32x
and around 20 games most were game only was like 12 saturn 2 gen, 4 cd 2 32x
for 65 bucks

what was insane was the Sega cd was a front loader (i dumped it on ebay that same day and got 100+ out of it)

have no clue what someone was selling all this stuff so cheap (was a yard sale)

A Sega Saturn Is Worth about $30 or at least that's how much worth of games I had to trade for mine. I wouldn't recommend shelling out $50 for it unless the games are uncommon or rare.

[quote name='slidecage']i say 5 bucks top for the system maybe 10 if your lucky.

years back i got a

Sega Saturn
Sega Gensis
Sega cd
Sega 32x
and around 20 games most were game only was like 12 saturn 2 gen, 4 cd 2 32x
for 65 bucks

what was insane was the Sega cd was a front loader (i dumped it on ebay that same day and got 100+ out of it)

have no clue what someone was selling all this stuff so cheap (was a yard sale)[/QUOTE]

Just because you were lucky to get it at such a low price, it doesn't mean the saturn is worth only 5 bucks.
If you still think it is worth next to nothing, please sell it to me.
I'll even pay you $6.00

lol

i think you guys are underestimating the value. I think a Saturn is worth about $50, maybe $40 because it is getting harder to find. Ive been looking for a second one and they've been incredibly hard to find.

Real world value is about $15-$20 for the system, one controller, and the hookups (no box). Ebay value is about $10-$20 more than that.

Locally speaking, asking $50 for the system is too much unless the games are something special. That price is even a stretch for Ebay.

I got mine, 2 controllers, all the hook ups, the box/instructions/etc and several games for about $40 - $50 on ebay, about a year ago. I wouldn't have paid quite that much except A) I really wanted one and B) It was complete.

Like these other guys are saying, in your case it really depends on the games that come with it.

[quote name='wbc1228']Just because you were lucky to get it at such a low price, it doesn't mean the saturn is worth only 5 bucks.
If you still think it is worth next to nothing, please sell it to me.
I'll even pay you $6.00

lol[/QUOTE]

i really though the system was worth about 10 bucks. im tempted to dump the 4 systems i got right now in my bedroom 2 of them are complete even in the boxes the system came in.

i asked a few years back and going price was around 5-10 system must went up.. bad thing is how the post office and ups handles systems. I sold a SNES about 2 years back. Sent it UPS and the dude takes the box and tosses it in the container. I was like Dude you just broke the freaking system he smiles and says that is what insurance is for. And sure enough when the dude got the system it wouldnt power up

[quote name='slidecage']i really though the system was worth about 10 bucks. im tempted to dump the 4 systems i got right now in my bedroom 2 of them are complete even in the boxes the system came in.

i asked a few years back and going price was around 5-10 system must went up.. bad thing is how the post office and ups handles systems. I sold a SNES about 2 years back. Sent it UPS and the dude takes the box and tosses it in the container. I was like Dude you just broke the freaking system he smiles and says that is what insurance is for. And sure enough when the dude got the system it wouldnt power up[/QUOTE]
Well damn, dude. I'd give you $10 for a Saturn. :D

[quote name='chief928']Are there enough good games that it is worth it?[/QUOTE]

Certainly there are some games worth owning the system for. The question is whether or not you can find enough decent games for it (at reasonable prices) to make it worth the hassle of purchasing the system. Last time I checked, Saturn games (especially complete in original cases) were pretty tough to find in my local area.

they are $15 at gamecrazy for the system(when they are in stock)

but i would agree with the people saying its worth $25ish. if you are getting a saturn + 2 good games for $50, well it depends on which games he is including.

I was able to score a Saturn with the Nights Holiday Demo, Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 2, and Virtua Cop with a controller and all the cables for $20.

I think $20 - $30 is a reasonable price for just the system. I paid $29.99 for mine brand new from Toys R Us in 1999 which I feel is about what the system is worth (that seemed to be the best time to buy a Saturn, all games were $6 - $9 at Toys R Us and EB had all games for $0.99 to $10 (new) and a free Sega brand controller with a game purchase so I did really well building up a collection fast)

i paid 27 plus shipping (about 10 bucks) for my saturn (in box), 2 controllers, hook ups, and 8 complete games

Local stores carry them for about 30 bucks (system only)

It is getting rare in Tampa, which is usualy a gold mine for games (best find lately is a $5 complete Tales of Fantasia 2). I haven't a Saturn for under $50 in awhile. In fact I have seen more copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga lately than the actual Saturn itself.

[quote name='chief928']I found out the two games are Nights and a Nascar game. So is it worth $50? I was thinking of offering $40.[/QUOTE]

I would try $35 first. NiGHTS is a great game (IMO a must have for the system) but not very valueable and any Nascar game for Saturn is going to be old of course (the newest it could be is '98) so that is also basically worthless unless you wanted it anyway.

depending on what games ur getting

dragon force
guardian heroes
shining force 3
albert oddysey

thoses are easily worth 50$ complete

the system itself if the cords are all there and with one controller sells for 20$ at gamecrazy
but actually worth IMO is 10$ since games are kinda hard to find

got sonic 3d if ur interested lol

[quote name='chief928']I found out the two games are Nights and a Nascar game. So is it worth $50? I was thinking of offering $40.[/QUOTE]

For $50 I'd sell you my Saturn with Nights and like 7 or 8 games along with it.

I'd try to haggle the price between $30-35, if everything is in good shape. The games are common, but the system's price is generally not as low as many of the people in this thread seem to think. $5-10 for a Saturn is ridiculous...it's got a bad rap, but it has some good games and the systems are getting harder to find in good shape. The local independent shops 'round here sell the systems for $29.99 with hookups and one controller, but the catch is that they're NEVER IN STOCK. So, if you can get him down to $30-35, and everything looks nice, then go for it. If not, wait out a deal on EBay. For a little more you could get a complete system and more games.

bread's done
Back