What is a Wii-Mote Faceplate

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Okay, so if you caught one of my other posts regarding Toy Story Mania, you already know I'm a big collector of Toy Story items and I'm pretty excited to get my hands on the game. My previous quest was to get a hold of one of the Toy Story Mania pre-order cards from Target, which I finally managed to do. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get back to that Target because I was in the area by chance and won't be back there within the 7 days to get my $5 giftcard, so if I do get the game from Target I won't be able to get even the $5...

Anyhow, I'm rambling (as usual) I just found out tonight that Gamestop is now offering a bonus with pre-order of the game (every time I've checked prior to this they haven't been offering anything and Amazon still isn't offering anything, except for $12 or so off) and with the game they are giving 2 Wii-Mote face plates (seen here: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74413 ).

What would a faceplate be for the Wii-Mote? I'm assuming this is just going to be like the bubble stickers I've seen before for the Wii-Motes, but I wouldn't think they would be called faceplates. Has anyone heard this term used before and/or know what it might be?

I'd love to be able to add these to my collection, but I'm thinking I will like the 3-D case from Target more than these stickers (though I haven't seen it, so I don't know for sure) but if these faceplates are actually some type of plastic that can be put on the Wii-Mote, I may be a little more interested, though I would hate to have to buy games from two places... oh, so many decisions :roll:

Thanks for any help!

They're just stickers, I'm sure. My ex had Hello Kitty ones on her Wii-motes, and they're a pain in the ass.

I think it's funny that GameStop called them Wii-Motes.

[quote name='maximumzero']If I were to guess, I'd say they're likely just stickers.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking too and that is what they look like, to me anyway.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']They're just stickers, I'm sure. My ex had Hello Kitty ones on her Wii-motes, and they're a pain in the ass.

I think it's funny that GameStop called them Wii-Motes.[/QUOTE]

That is what I would figure, but it seems weird they would refer to them as a "faceplate" I would never consider a sticker to be a faceplate. To me, it seems if it is just the stickers they would be terribly annoying with accessories and stuff, as well as fitting in some chargers, and if they are anything like the stickers I've had that are like that, they are pretty much permanent once you use them.

Even being a fan of Toy Story I'm not totally impressed with these things. Not only are they just a cheap gimmick, I don't think they are designed all that well, I'm not a designer of any sort and I think I could have come up with that, if not something a little better. It just looks like something made in paint, to me anyway. Do I still want them, duh, I'm a total sucker for this stupid stuff, but at least now I don't think I have to have them and will probably stick with Target, unless the case is ugly. I may just try and find them on eBay at some point and who knows, maybe Gamestop will have some for sale a couple weeks after the game is released... I can dream, can't I :lol:

I also thought it was funny. I've been calling them Wii-Motes since I first got my Wii. I mean come on, do I want a controller, a remote :booty: I want a Wii-Mote. I don't know, it has always been more fun to call it that and the Wii is so awesome it deserves its own title for the controller!

Thanks to both of you for your replies!

bread's done
Back