What is Costco's return policy on Xbox 360's?

hav0k99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I bought mine about 90 days ago and want to return it so I can buy an Elite. I'd also like to know if anyone has boughten theirs there and returned it without a problem.

About 90 days ago? What's the date on your receipt? If it's under 90 days, you can return with no problem. After that, it's a roll of the dice. Maybe you should call your local Costco and ask?

[quote name='depascal22']About 90 days ago? What's the date on your receipt? If it's under 90 days, you can return with no problem. After that, it's a roll of the dice. Maybe you should call your local Costco and ask?[/quote]

When I call Costco I get no where.

Here's another option to try, as most stores have implemented this lately. Look on the back of your receipt, since their return policy MAY be on there.

Oh and, make sure they don't charge a 10-15% restocking fee on opened items, like Best Buy does, or there goes part of your amount to buy the 'Elite' with.

Edit: Here's a link to Costco's site with their return policy clearly stated.

http://www.costco.com/Service/FeaturePageLeftNav.aspx?ProductNo=11204333

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

Chances are that they also DO have an exception on games and gaming hardware, but I could be wrong. I know most places don't or won't accept hardware back, telling you to contact the manufacturer most times. Of course, that return policy is SO vague. God, I wish most stores were like that.

90 days should only apply to TVs, Computers, MP3 players... Game consoles should not be limited. I would just bring it to Costco and try returning it if you can't get anywhere on the phone.

Legally, if it isn't explicitly listed in the return policy you should be able to return it for a full refund regardless just because you "are not satisfied" and want a "full refund." Practically, your going to have to twist some arms and big time them because I don't know Costco's ability to sell a "refurbished" game console, or sell it back to Microsoft. Good luck, but I'm doubting you can do it for a full refund without some hidden "restocking fees" or the return policy's ability to change without notice by management.

bread's done
Back