What is it Like Working At Family Video?

Karuto

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured since I got a job interview lined up for Thursday, and this is a Request forum, I should post this here.

Would anyone mind telling me what the benefits are like working at Family Video, specifically? I know things can get good at Blockbuster, but I've never worked for either company before. Any help would be most appreciated. =]

I used to work at Blockbuster and can tell you things are not good. 5 free rentals a week and the 20 percent discount is nice, but I got promoted to a supervisor position and still only made 7.85/hour. I started working for a big box company not as a supervisor and started at 9.35 and now make 10.50 as a supervisor. Video stores are notorious for paying employees poorly because of 'fringe benefits'. If you really want free rentals, go for it. I know at Family VIdeo at least you don't have to wear a uniform ;)

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm only going to be working at Family Video until like the first or second week of May, so I'll take what I can get. Money is money, and right now, it's as if I'm spending too much of it. ;)

Family video is nothing like Blockbuster for one. We get better pay, the atmosphere is great, we get to watch movies before they come out on tuesdays plus get half price movie rentals. I work in PA and the district and regional managers are awesome, as well as the people from my store. in my first 5 months there i went through two different raises and im an assistant manager now.. was offered a manager in training position but declined since i want the hours, just not THAT many hours.

Where are you going to be working at?

My friend works at BB and from what she says, it seems to suck pretty bad. She's been working therefor about 2 years and is now an assistant manager and she's not even breaking $8 yet. She's supposed to but she's been going back and fourth with corporate with teying to get that done already. Video rental stores all seem to be pretty crappy in terms of pay but wether it's go or not depends on the people you work with I guess.

bread's done
Back