What is it with slack sellers on ebay

Lost_In_Shadows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
I bought a item on the 19th. So I asked if it had been shipped,and he said nope maybe monday or tuesday. Maybe I'm just on top of things I would have sent it out the 20th or 21th for sure even if I had to crawl to the post office. Does anyone else feel this way after you pay for it. You don't want to wait a week for them to ship it then wait another week to get the game lol.

Thats just plain laziness and poor customer service. Sellers like that give ebay a bad name. I always ship no later than the next day after payment. I want repeat customers as well as new ones, so I try my best to please.

[quote name='addicted2games']Thats just plain laziness and poor customer service. Sellers like that give ebay a bad name. I always ship no later than the next day after payment. I want repeat customers as well as new ones, so I try my best to please.[/quote]

I'm that way I've went to the post office many times when I really did't want to or feel like it. If it was someone else they would't have went.

If the customer buys right away, I'm on top of it, but sometimes the customer doesn't pay for like 5 days, and I have other things come up like working two jobs the next two days. Then they can wait, I waited for payment 5 days. Other then that if people pay with a day or two, I make sure the package is in the mail. I'm with you though, i have been feeling like if i win something, most things take two weeks to get to my mailbox.

I usually send out first 3 days, that said, I dont make a trip out just to go to the post office, I do it on my way somwhere or leave early to do it. unless I get a specific question or request or place shipment date in listing.

shipping time doenst concern me when i buy, but shipping packing does, Ive gotten several things, usually game systems for some reason, where the packing was pathetic, I dont care if its not new, I expect padding, not loose in a box.

On topic of ebay, people always lie about condition of used cd games, unless says scratched to hell in description. Last game i bought said mint, i messaged them to confrim, and still got crap.

A week isn't that bad to me, last game I bought the seller waited 3 weeks to ship, that is when I get pissed. But normally I try to mail stuff out within 3 days, I package stuff when I receive payment so i'll get sick of looking at it and mail it , great motivator

I ordered textbooks through half.com on February 3rd. I got most within a few days but 1 guy didn't ship until February 16th. That is totally unacceptable and he got a negative feedback.

It really depends when you paid I say if you paid around 2pm their time they should ship out the next day if any later than that I would give them the benefit of 2 days. I always ship items out within 2 business days usually 1 but there might be a rare occurance where I am unable to get to the post office the next day so I have to ship the 2nd day. I hate people who sell on ebay and say I only go to the post office one day a week. If your selling on ebay you should when you receive the payment.

I always ship my items 3 days before the auction ends.

That way when the buyer sends me payment and asks when I'm going to send it out, I can be like "check your mailbox..." and then they're like, "ZOMG! A++++++"

:drool:

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I ordered textbooks through half.com on February 3rd. I got most within a few days but 1 guy didn't ship until February 16th. That is totally unacceptable and he got a negative feedback.[/quote]

Doesn't Half.com have a requirement for how quickly something is shipped?

Yup, right here.

When do I have to ship this item?

Half.com requires that all sellers ship the item within 72 hours of receiving the order notification.

It depends. When I sell on eBay I do at least a 3 day hold after I have received the money. This might be why. If I sell on a forum or something, I try to ship quicker, but hey, shit happens and you can't always make it places.

What I disliked about that was that he said maybe Monday or Tuesday. If I'm not sure when I ship I will say Monday, if not Monday, Tuesday for sure and make my greatest effort to get it out, but then again, shit happens.

I always ship the next day (or within 2 days if it's a weekend) as long as I've received payment. I generally have packing material on hand and I love the way I can print labels via Paypal. Even though my post office isn't open when I leave for work I can just drop most packages down the slot.

[quote name='thelonepig']Doesn't Half.com have a requirement for how quickly something is shipped?

Yup, right here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I reported them. He did it to someone else recently too.

bread's done
Back