What is Lunar 2: Eternal Blue?

Romeo104K

CAG Veteran
Walking around the videogame section in Wal-Mart I stumbled upon the complete collection of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, though I didn't pick it up. Is the game even good, it looked like it had been there for a long time? Any positive input would be appreciated. Thanks and have a cheap ass day.

Its worth a bit of money sealed... Buy it if its under $50. I bought a new copy from EB for $45.

Its an excellent game.

Crap man, run back there and pick it up. NOW!!! I'm assuming that if it's at Wal-Mart, they're not bright enough to charge copious amounts for it. I bet it's about $30, right? Get it, get it!!!

Ignore how much it'll e-bay for, since that's not necessarily indicative of the quality of the game. Plain and simple, it's considered by most people that have played it to be one of the best RPGs ever.

I'm not quite sure if I like Lunar 2 more than 1, but I'd gladly pay $50 for it if it meant I got to go through the whole game for the first time again.

I believe it's also made by the same developer that did the Grandia games, if you've played any of them.

Definately get it if it's under 50$. If it's sealed and in good condition you could probably ebay it for 90-100 and then buy a used copy for 40-50. That way you get to play the game and make a few bucks.

[quote name='nachzeher']Better run and hide before Rig flogs you for not knowing what Lunar: Eternal Blue is.[/quote]

Yeah, he might have a small issue with that, wouldn't he?

:shock: YOUR WAL-MART HAD LUNAR 2 AND YOU DIDN'T PICK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!

AND THEN YOU GET IT FOR $20!!!!!! GOOD GOSH!

Damn good find. I wish I could get another copy, especially at that price!

Still can't believe you didn't know what Lunar was! Now, go find Lunar 1!

[quote name='Rig']:shock: YOUR WAL-MART HAD LUNAR 2 AND YOU DIDN'T PICK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!

Still can't believe you didn't know what Lunar was! Now, go find Lunar 1![/quote]

Now, it's an official Lunar 2 thread. :D

[quote name='Rig']:shock: YOUR WAL-MART HAD LUNAR 2 AND YOU DIDN'T PICK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!

Still can't believe you didn't know what Lunar was! Now, go find Lunar 1![/quote]

Ah, there he is. Was wondering where you were.

[quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

Nice to see someone who agrees with me, I swear if you yell any RPG name out 100 people pop out of the woodwork to give praise.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

Nice to see someone who agrees with me, I swear if you yell any RPG name out 100 people pop out of the woodwork to give praise.[/quote]

I may be a little biased, but I liked it. The one thing that bothered me was that there were too many battles in this one. I like the story and characters though.

Have any of you played the original versions on the Sega CD? Lunar 1 on SCD in my opinion is better than the PS1 Lunar1 the theme song is much cooler too.
I won't spoil why, but there is a HUGE difference in the story from the SCD vs PS1.

[quote name='Dijital']Have any of you played the original versions on the Sega CD? Lunar 1 on SCD in my opinion is better than the PS1 Lunar1 the theme song is much cooler too.
I won't spoil why, but there is a HUGE difference in the story from the SCD vs PS1.[/quote]

I have, and I enjoyed them on the CD as well, but I have to disagree with you. I like the changes to the PS1 version a tad better.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

Nice to see someone who agrees with me, I swear if you yell any RPG name out 100 people pop out of the woodwork to give praise.[/quote]

valkyrie profile is ass

I also believe the Sega CD versions are far superior. The gameplay is better, the story kicks @$$ and Ghalleon is a better villian (outside of that weird transformation). If you only played the PS1 version of Silver Star then you are missing out on the original which is totally different on the Sega CD.

I'm sure you could find 100 people that liked Britneys Dance Beat or Olson twin's License to Drive...

I look in my room I see the box for Lunar Silver Star Story complete...I look inside theres only a book and some empty space! WTF!

I liked them both, but the best part is the Pong (Castles or something) that is a secret on the making of cd, it is good fun and is like 8 player.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

valkyrie profile is ass[/quote]

Yes, yes keep it comming! God how I hate both those games.

[quote name='Dijital']Have any of you played the original versions on the Sega CD? Lunar 1 on SCD in my opinion is better than the PS1 Lunar1 the theme song is much cooler too.
I won't spoil why, but there is a HUGE difference in the story from the SCD vs PS1.[/quote]

I used to have Lunar 1 for both and I much prefered the PS one. A big part of that though was my hate of random battles. I never got all that far in the SCD version. Also I prefered the theme song in the PS version, the SCD one didn't fit the mood of the game.

EDIT: I'm curious have any of you who love Lunar played Vay for Sega CD? It is by the same makers (but not quite as good).

I played Vay, I never owned it, but one of my close friends managed to snag a copy years ago. He wanted that game so bad for a long time and was so let down when he got it.

[quote name='Blues']I played Vay, I never owned it, but one of my close friends managed to snag a copy years ago. He wanted that game so bad for a long time and was so let down when he got it.[/quote]

Doesn't it suck when that happens? I spent over a year looking for Valkyrie Profile, played about an hour and felt cheated.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Blues']I played Vay, I never owned it, but one of my close friends managed to snag a copy years ago. He wanted that game so bad for a long time and was so let down when he got it.[/quote]

Doesn't it suck when that happens? I spent over a year looking for Valkyrie Profile, played about an hour and felt cheated.[/quote]

:lol: Luckily I borrowed a friend's copy. I gave up looking for one once I played it. It was okay and all, but borrowing my friend's copy was sufficient, I didn't need to own that game anymore. Just like Rhapsody.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

Yes, yes keep it comming! God how I hate both those games.[/quote]

Tales of Destiny 1/2, Star Ocean: The Second Story, and Suikoden II were all horrible.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

Tales of Destiny 1/2, Star Ocean: The Second Story, and Suikoden II were all horrible.[/quote]

I can agree with Star Ocean 2. I have that game, and couldn't get into it. I hate the battles! Same thing with Tales of Symphonia. I hate their battle system too...

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

Tales of Destiny 1/2, Star Ocean: The Second Story, and Suikoden II were all horrible.[/quote]

I can agree with Star Ocean 2. I have that game, and couldn't get into it. I hate the battles! Same thing with Tales of Symphonia. I hate their battle system too...[/quote]

Come on, come on. You're sooo close. What about Suiky II? :twisted:

[quote name='Blues']I played Vay, I never owned it, but one of my close friends managed to snag a copy years ago. He wanted that game so bad for a long time and was so let down when he got it.[/quote]

Luckily my copy of Vay came with my Sega CD (so did Lunar), I wasn't a big fan of Lunar (and was able to sell that) and I'm not a big fan of Vay. I was curious if any big Lunar fans liked Vay.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

I can agree with Star Ocean 2. I have that game, and couldn't get into it. I hate the battles! Same thing with Tales of Symphonia. I hate their battle system too...[/quote]

Come on, come on. You're sooo close. What about Suiky II? :twisted:[/quote]

I've never played it, nor do I have any intention of hunting one down. But, since I always give in to peer pressure:

SUIKODEN II SUCKS!!!

There ya go! :D

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

Star Ocean 2 sucked, Tales of Destiny 1/2 were pretty bad (but I like Tales of Symphonia), I've never played Suikoden 2.

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

Star Ocean 2 sucked, Tales of Destiny 1/2 were pretty bad (but I like Tales of Symphonia), I've never played Suikoden 2.[/quote]

Nocturne sucks!!!

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

Star Ocean 2 sucked, Tales of Destiny 1/2 were pretty bad (but I like Tales of Symphonia), I've never played Suikoden 2.[/quote]

Nocturne sucks!!![/quote]

But it's worth a good amount and I'm selling it off! :twisted:

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alongx']Lunar 2 isn't half as good as Lunar 1. Which, in retrospect, wasn't that great to begin with.[/quote]

Nocturne sucks!!![/quote]

But it's worth a good amount and I'm selling it off! :twisted:[/quote]

Yeah, it should be worth a decent amount on ebay.

[quote name='masha']You SUCK![/quote]

10945050177635au.jpg

[quote name='Romeo104K']What is Lunar 2: Eternal Blue?[/quote]

It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

couldnt help meeself.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='masha']You SUCK![/quote]

Me or zion?

probably me. :cry:[/quote]

Well you are a toilet and pressure gradients is how you function. :twisted:

bread's done
Back