what is so good about radiant silvergun?

A

Apossum

Just curious why people spend $200 on it. is it better than Ikaruga? does it have a cool gimmick like Ikaruga? anyway to play it via emulator? (understanding that I don't want to pay out the ass to try it out)

Its 1000x better than Ikaruga. Ikaruga is more chaotic than RS is. In RS the skill is dodging the bullets around you, not attempting to absorb 300 of them as they fly at you at once.

The good thing about it is the resale value if you find it on the cheap! :)

No - seriously, it is a pretty fun shooter. I had it back in the Saturn days when the EB I worked at carried import titles. I wish I still had it, as it is worth alot more now than it was back then.......

It was released in the arcades as well on a Sega Titan ST-V board, so there might be some kind of emulator for that as well -

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=R&game_id=9239

just played for an hour and a half or so (had to mess with mame a lot to keep it from slowing down.) pretty fun game...you can see where they started with a lot of the ideas they used in Ikaruga. (protip: you need an st-v bios and the rom is pretty easy to find)

The good thing about it is the resale value if you find it on the cheap!

I have a better chance of scoring with scarlett johannson then finding RS on the cheap :lol:

Its 1000x better than Ikaruga. Ikaruga is more chaotic than RS is. In RS the skill is dodging the bullets around you, not attempting to absorb 300 of them as they fly at you at once.

somebody paid $200 for a copy :lol: i kid i kid. I kinda like ikaruga better, so far, since you have to pay attention to polarity and dodge bullets. plus the patterns are sooo intense :hot:

[quote name='rodeojones903']Its 1000x better than Ikaruga. Ikaruga is more chaotic than RS is. In RS the skill is dodging the bullets around you, not attempting to absorb 300 of them as they fly at you at once.[/QUOTE]
They're different types of shooters. Ikaruga is more like a manic/bullet hell shooter than RS is. The polarity element of Ikaruga is absolutely brilliant.

The reason to own Radiant Silvergun is it's replayability (so i've been told). Apparantly the game encourages you to beat it multiple times, because it saves all of your stats when you beat it, and it's designed in such a way that you can't get a lot of the ships and weapons on the first play through (ie: you have to beat it multiple times to save up for the good stuff). Each time you play through your ship is a little beefier.

Of course, I've never played it. That's just what I've heard.

meh, most shooters for me are the same.. this one didn't entice me the first time around. so i would go for the overrated approach.

Hopefully Treasure will make a new Treasure Box consisting of Guardian Heroes, Radiant Silvergun and um... something else.

Hey, one can dream, the first Treasure Box is nice already ;)

bread's done
Back