What is so great about Ninja Gaiden?

danh920

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
Yes, it's incredibly pretty and your guy does some sweet moves.

But the camera is just irritating, seriously, they delay the game so much and it still has a crap camera with little control. You'd think these game companies would get the picture from games like kotor and zelda ww where the gamer gets full camera control. It kind of ruins the experience.

BUT...I've barely played the game thus far

So people please, What is so great about this game? Convince me to keep it before I take it to EB and preorder my Halo 2.

If playing it doesn't convince you, what will? You either like it or not. You don't have to like it because everyone else does.

So far from what I've played, The camera does get a little annoying but nothing too serious. I've also noticed the level of difficulty..wow! The fighting is so much fun though I really don't mind doing certain parts over and over...so do you guys think this game is hard or do I just suck?

The game is just hard :)

There were several posts on the GameFAQs boards requesting Tecmo make a patch for the game to enable an easy mode, so many people were upset at the difficulty. But all the Ninja Gaiden games ever made were always tough.

danh920, exactly how much have you played? I'd say at least play to level 4 or 5 before passing judgement.

To be honest, picked it up last night and played a little bit beyond the 1st checkpoint, I have a friend who has the same complaints as I do which is why I'm kind of concerned

If I can wait until the end of May to get that Halo 2 deal, there's probably no sense it trading it in now, but I have plenty of other things to play as well and I'm more or less just curious if it's worth my time and effort or if I should just move on.

This game rules! The graphics are awesome, the control is flawless, and while the camera does occasionally get in the way, this is rare, and I have yet to play a 3rd person action game where this is not the case at least some of the time. As for the extreme difficulty, at least the difficulty comes out of smart A.I. and level design, and not control problems or technical issues. A must have!

ive put about 3 hours into it, mainly playing the first two chapters over and over again (basically to buy lots of potions and learn the moves properly) and I have got to say I like it. yes, the camera is midly annoying, but its not as bad as everyone thinks. and yes its hard, but dont go by those gamefaqs boards, cause those people are just insane with the flaming and all.

the way i like to put it is think of it as a fighting game in the form of a beat em up. you have to learn the moves and how to fight enemies to be any good, just like in say virtua fighter or obviously DOA.

I rented it and have enjoyed it so far. (At the end (I think) of chapter 5.)

It does get pretty hard/frustrating from time to time. The save points can be fairly spaced out and you'll just hit an enemy (or group of enemies) that seem pretty damn impossible until you work your technique a bit.

It's definitely in the top tier of Xbox games IMO, unless the quality drops off later which I highly doubt.

danh920, you stuck at the first boss battle? (Big guy with nunchukas just past the first save point) He seemed impossible to me the first three or so times I faced him, but I 'discovered' a good move and made pretty quick work of him from there.

And yeah the camera is a major lowpoint for this one. They really should have done a much better job on that. The ability to zoom out and being able to use the right stick to rotate the camera (without popping into 1st person view) would have really improved the gameplay IMO.

I just bought the OXM yesterday (yes I know I'm a little late to the party) but I played through the demo and I agree that it is definitely hard. I ended up dying in that Ninja room the Penny Arcade guys were talking about. I definitely enjoy a challenge and beautiful graphics, and NG provides in spades.
The camera is kind of annoying, but I can't really name any other action game of this sort which doesn't have any camera problems. I think I am going to buy this game within the week.

The game does have flaws, but the good heavily outweighs the bad.

Like everyone else said, the camera sucks. Actually, the camera reminds me of the camera in Enter the Matrix where it tries to zoom in and out. I don't think giving the user full control of the camera would help for this game because Ryu would still be moving too fast for you to catch up. It would result in some strange and probably more annoying gameplay.

I've played a lot of similar games (Devil May Cry, etc.) and Ninja Gaiden is one of the most compelling of the Action/Adv 3rd Person genre. The game is always fresh and its actually fun to do Ryu's moves and combos. Its also nice to see some epic boss battles again.

The game is hard, but not to the point that people make it out to be.

Its one of the best games on the Xbox, but not Game of the Year. That title is reserved for another game.

bread's done
Back