What is the absolute cheapest you can get a 360?

ImReallyTired

CAGiversary!
And I mean the better $400 version. My XBOX is dead and my mom and grandmother offered me a new XBOX, but I might try to convince them to get me a 360 instead.

What is the absolute cheapest you can get a new $360?

Why not try to convince them to buy the core system which is only $300 and then buy the hard drive later? It's going to be a lot simplier to sell a system that's only $150 more, especially if you agree to pay for part of it.

But as far as the cheapest place check EB/GS, my local GS actually had a used premium in.

I got mine at Costco...Premium 360, PGR3,extra wireless controller, and recharge /battery cable for 489.99...try convincing them the bundle is a better deal

[quote name='bowmanarmy']You could use the five finger discount[/QUOTE]

as heavy as that fucker is you would need the old ten finger discount to get that out of the store

get the xbox...the 360 is practically worthless with a pretty poor selection of games. only ones that seem interesting are DOA 4, Elderscrolls IV, and Halo 3 which doesn't come out for another year. I'll just play those on my friend's 360.

plus, remember that the 360 has a really short backwards compatibility list...i have nearly 40 games and it plays less than half of them. my xbox hard drive recently crashed so i need to get a new one; only problem is they only come in overpriced bundles when all i want is the core system.

oh well, i'll just wait for wii. it looks to be the next-gen system followed by ps3.

ps. sorry im venting a little about my hard drive crashing and losing all my save games for the past 3.5 years...

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']as heavy as that fucker is you would need the old ten finger discount to get that out of the store[/quote]

lmao!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

but yeah i would just sell your broken one for like $20 and then buy a ps3 or wii

If you're dependent on the indulgence of relatives, I'd say you're pretty much out of luck. You should see just how much it will cost to fix your Xbox and whether that is much less than a used unit.

If it were your own money there are a number of things you can do to build up some credit at a major retail chain. Almost every chain has its own branded credit card that pays back in store credit. I have a Toys R Us Visa that was used for all of my monthly bills at a time when I had a lot of work expenditures that were repaid by my then employer. So most of my PS2, Xbox, and GameCube purchases at launch were covered by the store credits from the card.

A few other methods can be used to get gift cards for major chains but they're pretty slow if you don't make any purchases connected to the promotions. Back in the 90s there were a zillion of these sites and nearly all of them imploded but one legit site survives, www.mypoints.com pays you read emails from various advertisers. You usually get 5 points for message you acknowledge. It's kind of like getting paid to receive spam but less annoying.

Currently it takes 3000 points for a $20 Toys R Us Gift card. I've gotten about $200 over the years but this is almost exclusively for just acknowledging the email offers and very rarely participating. If you actually sign up for something, buying a DVD from Fox Home Video, for instance, you get a big pile of points. Plus any shopping you do through their site pays off in more points. (Surveys can pay as much as 100 points but tend to ask ridiculously dumb questions that can really exceed my patience. Like, what qualites would I ascribe to this bank if it were a person. I'm not kidding.) Once in a great while these offers are actually decent and led me to indulge in a few box sets from Fox and some other stuff.

The payoffs used to be a lot better. You could earn points faster and the amounts needed for an item were lower. They used to give you 1,000 points just for getting another person signed up. Now it's just 100 points. Not that I'd turn it down, so if someone wants an invite just PM your email address.

So, depending on how much you mind clicking on a few emails daily, you can get something for nothing. Not a lot but every gift card adds up. I currently could muster about $150 in store credit at TRU but there isn't anything I currently want. I may break down and get a Xbox 360 as the oldest credit are on the verge of expiring. By then I should have about $200 in TRU credit and can get the 360 Premium for $200 plus games and accessories. It'll depend if there is anything I really like at a low price by then.

Sign up for Target.com emails and you'll get weekly emails with a 10% off code. You'll still have to pay for shipping though, I think. Another option is the Best Buy Reward Zone if you or family is purchasing anything big you can get some "free money" to use in store. I bought a laptop and various other things to get $35 knocked off of my 360. It's better than nothing. You can always just ask them for money and try to hustle up the rest to put towards a system. As for the others telling you to not bother with it, I assume that you're doing this because you like what you see and have quite a few games to help you through the downtime. Buy the game based on potential, not what these other guys tell you. Then again I did like the Wii when I played it a couple weeks back...

xboxlivediamond.com has a constant 10% off link but target.com only has bundles.

I was looking for a cheap one too but i settled for GS because their xbox trade in value went up to $80.

used 360??????
theres some guy(thatll prob get caught) thats been trading in brand new sealed premium 360s in at a local gamestop and they resell them as used, and my friend is planning to get one as we speak and with a barnes and noble employee discount, itll be like 250 dollars

thats just luck though

bread's done
Back