What is the best deodorant for sweaty pits? What kind do people use?

I'm compelled to say that the Ironman Triathlon Degree is the best stuff you can get at the store. I don't know why, but I sweat out of one armpit way more than the other. Anyway, I ruined undershirts because Right Guard and Old Spice didn't work for me — neither did AXE. I tried the Triathlon Degree and it's been the best stuff I've found so far. oh yeah, and Mitchum sucks for how much they charge you. And I've heard the Arm & Hammer stuff ruins shirts worse than pit stains.

You guys need to get yourself some Certain Dri. You put it on at night, let your pits dry, and then leave it on while you sleep. The excess washes off in the shower the next morning and you then use whatever regular deodorant as normal. Use this for 2-3 nights and it will stop your underarms from sweating for at least a couple of weeks!!!

Sure: Advantage, the stuff works great.
I would also endorse Old spice since I found it effective, however I got a terrible rash.

I think I use Right Guard....usually a solid, not that shitty gel stuff.

Old Spice made me break out in a rash....must have been TOO spicy

A lot of Deodorants contain Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachloride and parabens which are extremely bad for you. I use Tom's deodorant which is all natural and doesn't have any harmful chemicals. If you care about your health, check this link for deodorant out:
http://www.tomsofmaine.com/toms/product.asp?dept_id=500&pf_id=BW-ND
Here is a letter from Dr. Mercola commenting on Aluminum in deodorant. You can check it out at: http://www.mercola.com/2004/jan/28/deodorant_cancer.htm
"I have posted articles in the past warning of the dangers of antiperspirants, and now this study is raising concerns about deodorants as well. Antiperspirants and deodorants are not the same thing: Antiperspirants work by clogging, closing, or blocking the pores that release sweat--with the active ingredient being aluminum--so that they can’t release sweat. Deodorants work by neutralizing the smell of the sweat and by antiseptic action against bacteria, but do not prevent sweating.

The concern with antiperspirant is that the aluminum it contains is absorbed by the body and wreaks havoc in the brain, where it likely contributes to the growing numbers of people coming down with Alzheimer’s disease. So it appears that the urban legend that antiperspirants have been identified as the leading cause of breast cancer may actually have some truth to it.

A study was conducted in 2004 by Dr. Kris McGrath, a Chicago allergist who claims to have found a connection between antiperspirants, underarm shaving and cancer. He believes the culprits in these antiperspirants are the toxins in aluminum salts such as aluminum chlorohydrate. He says they don't normally penetrate the skin enough to cause a problem--unless the skin is shaven. If you disrupt the skin by shaving, it can open up the door, because just under the skin is the lymphatic system, which is connected to the breast.

In this study, more than 400 Chicago-area breast cancer survivors recalled their lifetime history of using antiperspirants and underarm shaving. He found that women who perform underarm shaving more aggressively had a diagnosis of breast cancer 22 years earlier than the non-users.

Now with the study above, British researchers have found traces of chemicals called parabens in tissue taken from women with breast cancer. These researchers also published a study last year in the Journal of Toxicology that suggested underarm cosmetics might be a cause of breast cancer. It is unclear how valid this proposed mechanism is, but it would sure seem safe to avoid all antiperspirants and deodorants just to be safe.

At the very least, if you are using a deodorant in order to avoid the aluminum in antiperspirant, you will also want to be certain that the deodorant you choose does not contain parabens.

Parabens are used as preservatives, and on the label they may be listed as methyl paraben, ethyl paraben, propyl paraben, butyl paraben, isobutyl paraben or E216. Look for natural deodorants, which should be available in your local health food store, but be sure to read the labels, as all "natural" deodorants are not paraben-free.

I personally have not used any antiperspirants or deodorants for over 20 years. Simple soap and water has served me quite well for the last two decades, and I don't ever recall anyone telling me I had an offensive odor. So, I suggest avoiding the chemicals, save some money, prolong your life and drop the underarm chemicals."

You can find out all kinds of valuable information about it on the net by Just going to google search and putting in the words: Deodorant Aluminum

I bet no one ever told you guys this, but the secret to getting wimmens is Old Spice. All girls love it. fuck expensive colognes; Old Spice is the way to get girls.

PS: I'm a girl, and a ton of other girls have said the same thing.

Ingredients in anti persperant deoderants are known to cause dementia (alzheimers).

But that is later, now it is good to keep the pits from sweating.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Ingredients in anti persperant deoderants are known to cause dementia (alzheimers).

But that is later, now it is good to keep the pits from sweating.[/quote]

yea but thats when your old and cant remeber shit to begin with anyways

Being a smelly, furry man myself, I know all about this stuff. The best thing to do is alternate. My stank builds up a tolerance to each product, I have to keep switching around.

Definitely Red Zone. Make sure to stay away from the gel though. I just bought some of that and it doesn't work half as good as the power stick.

Axe... always great if you want a nice refreshing smell mixed with the stink of your sweat.

Like the commercials say, girls are all over that.

bread's done
Back